Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Announcing the formation of the ATS Curmudgeon Party (Provisional)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Tempeste

What is the nature of your disagreement with point 2? I'm open for discussion of the matter.

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Right to life is a tricky slope to traverse since it all starts with answering a question that doesn't have a single "right" answer. When does life begin?

and ...

As a more practical discussion, there is another piece to the point that was overlooked - what of the woman who wants a child and the man who does not? Where is her "legal" recourse should she wish to pursue?

Yes, it takes two to tango (that goes both ways).

edit on 18-6-2012 by Tempeste because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tempeste

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I was in the process of moving from my undisclosed location to my undisclosed undisclosed location. Since I've not got Secret Service protection (I think they're down at the cathouse) I have to provide my own, so I move around a lot.

First, I don't think ANYONE has a "right" to life. None of us are ever guaranteed even our next breath, and if it's a "right", then several thousand people a day have their rights violated by nature itself!

Second, I would contend that if something requires life support to be viable, then it is "life" being supported. The umbilical of a fetus counts as life support - cut the umbilical, and the fetus is no longer viable - it "dies", and in order for something to die, it must once have been alive. Therefore, once a zygote implants and is connected, it is "life".

If the woman wants the child and the man does not, then she should raise it, and charge him for the privilege. Kids aren't raised for free, and once he decides to do the deed, he's taking that chance, and accepting that responsibility. If he can't accept that responsibility, he should keep it in his pants. If he just doesn't WANT that responsibility, but wants to play, then there are mechanisms already in place to help him make that decision to pay - or sit in the crossbar hotel until payment is no longer necessary - when the child is 18. Now, to be brutally honest, the penalties aren't that severe, but they really ought to be.

Ain't nothing in this world free,

In cases of rape, it ought to be up to the woman solely whether to raise the child or not, and the man should be radically castrated (shaved slick as a bowling ball - no protuberances left) or flat out killed. I prefer the castration option, and let him live a LONG time with that.

Harsh? Perhaps, but it would cut down on a lot of foolishness!

edit on 2012/6/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I'm in! Airco you say? I don't have that at home so that is a great incentive for me and my vote is yours. I guess I wasn't taking into account the local conditions of places like ...Nevada in the summer.
Thank you!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It's got my thumbs up, Here---->

P.S.

Love this pic of you on Facebook. Oh, wait, can I post references to Facebook here? Looks around cautiously

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It's got my thumbs up, Here---->

P.S.

Love this pic of you on Facebook. Oh, wait, can I post references to Facebook here? Looks around cautiously

Facebook is definitely allowed, it's the cornerstone of my time-jumping campaign and the Birthday Party's foundation.....as is explained in my post....somewhere...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

2) Abortion - I don't care, but it should be equalized. If a woman takes it upon herself to kill off her offspring, then it's none of my business. Her contribution to the gene pool is obviously flawed anyhow. It's not a good survival strategy for a species to eat their own young unless those young are somehow flawed. At the same time, it takes two parents to create a child, and so the father should have some say in their disposal as well as the mother. If he's not given that say, and she kills them off any way, I support his right to cancel HER birth certificate, assuming that the initial conception was in compliance with applicable law to begin with.

Hmmm interesting how the child has ZERO rights in this situation. So could you kill a child as soon as it was born? Would that be acceptable?

3) Drug legalization - I don't care. It's none of my business how someone else chooses to destroy their own world. This stance applies across the board, for ALL illicit substances, not just fluffy green ones. The only caveat is that in such cases, they should not be allowed to drag children down with them. If they insist on riding to doom, the kids should be removed and re-homed with people who AREN'T trying to destroy their own private world. Otherwise, eat, drink, smoke and sniff what you want. it's none of my business.

Hmmm So how exactly would you determine what dragging children down with them is? Or what riding to doom is? Again nothing about the CHILDS OPINION here, guess they have no rights or thoughts feelings in your world? Much like the one we have now really.

So NO thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
How do you feel about retroactive abortions? Would it be acceptable at say....month 480 (40 years)? Or is that past the cut-off point?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

As an official self-appointed independent observer (ie. the peanut gallery) I'm unable at this point to be biased and say that you have my vote.

However I will say that as boymonkey74 wants women to grow beards, DJW001 likes mathematics too much and Partygirl wants to bring back caneing they are pretty much out in my books.

Favourties for me so far are yourself (cause you're awesome), daaskapital (just cause he's an Aussie) and IpsissimusMagus (cause he's tenacious and posts Cartman clips.)

Just remember I can be bribed with a bucket of chicken Still impartial at this point.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit

As an official self-appointed independent observer (ie. the peanut gallery) I'm unable at this point to be biased and say that you have my vote.

However I will say that as boymonkey74 wants women to grow beards, DJW001 likes mathematics too much and Partygirl wants to bring back caneing they are pretty much out in my books.

Favourties for me so far are yourself (cause you're awesome), daaskapital (just cause he's an Aussie) and IpsissimusMagus (cause he's tenacious and posts Cartman clips.)

Just remember I can be bribed with a bucket of chicken Still impartial at this point.

Step away frum da NUGGETZ!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I was right there with you until the military aspect of your platform. Dang, I'm almost a curmudgeon!
I'm totally shocked. WTH!?

Any Civic initiatives or declarations? You know, something to push me one way or the other...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

It has been done.

Chicken, I will miss you. See you after the election.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
The name of your party does not fill me with much hope.
Curmudgeon

a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas

www.thefreedictionary.com...

I'm gonna need more convincing.

I haven't used 'irascible' or 'cantankerous' in a long time. Great words. Both are rather fun to say.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
reply to post by PurpleChiten

It has been done.

Chicken, I will miss you. See you after the election.

It will be well worth the wait!
Did you know that squirrel is a great alternative?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Splitter!

You can't just leave the Old Curmudgeon Party and start a new one.

You seem to have totally ignored those who established Curmudgeonliness and think that your generation invented everything.

Next you'll be patenting the Rant and Nonsensical Rambling.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
How about we stick to real politics?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
LIBERTARIAN PARTY OF COMMON SENSE.

Meets you with:

Who the frig wants a leader that thinks "I don't care, I don't care.... I don't care!... Oh... And, I forgot to mention, I don't care!"

So you've already one foot in the grave

I'd like to let it been known here that the L*P*C*S policy on gay rights, make them complete equals to homosexual couples. This is within government and law. Churches and religious organisations, however, can set their own positions on the issue. I think it would be healthy for gay and straight people, to question their own religious lifes, hopefully their religion does openly accept them, if not, its a learning curve
(I'm athiest, and proud!)

Next, you go on to state "you don't care* about abortion. Yet some how when you decribe it, you sound like the thought apalls you
you talk like this; "if she choices to *kill* her *offspring*... If a guy murders his pregnant wife, its not murder for the child" ...

Its almost like you view the female as a wild animal? As for the guy murdering comment, what's that? Childish tit for tat? If she can do this, then he can do that! Not very clear thinking now really is it?

Drugs!... Oh yea, you don't care! Well, my party think all drugs should be *fairly re-assesed* to see what danger they pose to the public, and re organised and legalised appropriatly.

Ill keep it brief due to TnCs, but opium should *not* be on the streets! But weed *should* be in your bedroom

Arr some mentioned the death penalty? It should be illegal.
Dont get me wrong, I often want some people dead lol. But on a moral ground we all *know* *deep down*, its not something we should practice.

Life inprisonment, however, imagine those people, who *hurt* children, and some of the other worst kinds of people you can imagine, suffering... For *life*. The prison gaurds could turn a blind eye to the treatment, some of those skum get. (Reserved for bad people only!) Death is far to quick for some.

And then you briefly skim over foreign policy, like its not something that requires much thought! Ha!

Vote Sinny!
edit on 18-6-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Someone please link this to the main election thread? My phone won't let me

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Someone please link this to the main election thread? My phone won't let me

sure thang

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I always knew you were a crotchety old man.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join