It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The AUD/USD The Next Reserve Currency? Australia and America Tipped To Share Reserve.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
**ATTENTION**

This is the ONLY warning, that will be given.

ANY further violations of the Terms & Conditions, will result in a 72hr minimum posting ban and a review of your account. You will NOT discuss each other, you will discuss the topic.

The ad hominem's and off topic posts stop now.

~Tenth
ATS Mod

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I will get a posting ban before long.

If you disagree that the USD is looking like being unseated fine.

The situation is similar to Greece. Many have no problem seeing the Greeks have some trouble. That will be America soon. If the rules are that we dont care about Greece, then why should we care about America?

Maybe we should care about the Greeks hey? And if you do not understand the Greek situation I have many threads on it. Its not the fault of the greek people.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I link a blog in here that explains the Greek problems from a Greek perspective and I show how similar the situation is to America. I am far from ant-american.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
All the OP can say is the same thing over and over again "The USD is doomed, The USD is doomed". He has provided no real arguement to this topic.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Explanation: St*rred!

I agree! And I offer this thread of mine also on that issue ...

How and Why would any new Greek government be obligated to pay the old Greek governments DEBT? (by OmegaLogos posted on 8-11-2011 @ 02:05 AM) [ATS]

NOW ... for all the aussie's who think China is soooooooo bad ... here is my final solution and I think after veiwing it in the proper light and frame of mind that you will BEG for China to be in control ok!

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Danbones

Explanation: The USA had its chance to fix this 2yrs ago on this prison planet ...

Next Elections lets Vote 1 China OK! (by OmegaLogos posted on 8-2-2010 @ 11:07 PM) [ATS]

And Chinese Communism isn't so bad ok ... here is MY alternative ...

We need a one world government, whether you like it or not. (thread by muse7 posted on 17-3-2012 @ 02:05 AM , reply by OmegaLogos posted on 14-6-2012 @ 06:07 AM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: So Comrades ... I want you to STOP ##snip## YOUR PANTS AND SHOW SOME RESPECT TO CHINA OK!

Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

edit on Mon Jun 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Please don't mistake American Citizens for American Governement. As an American I DESPISE our government and am sick of the policies these morons in power shove down out throats!

I am in full agreement that the American Government is a diseased corrupt leech, sucking everything out of whatever it can for these political pricks and their corporate masters to maintain their wealth and status.

But, I strongly oppose to any claiming that all Americans are parasites.

I haven't liked a single president thats been placed in power since good old Ronnie Reagan, and have watched what I used to believe was the greatest nation and proud to call my own deteriorate into one that I'm ashamed of.

I guess we are proof that given enough time, any form of government will corrupt itself. Historically great nations have risen to power, then fell from it after reigning for approximitely 200 years, with few exceptions. It just may be that our time has past and it's time for another to take the place we once so proudly held.

Maybe that is what it's going to take for us to wake from the dream they've painted for us and get back to our Constitution and taking back what once belonged to us.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You are living in a dream world.

The Economy of California alone surpasses the Aussy Economy.

The Austrailia Economy is a non-factor on the Global Economy.

Don't Fret though, sometimes being unimportant can be a good thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Granted the Dollar is in trouble. however, the Australian financial empire is not a thing of reality. You have to look a countries that have strong and steady financial institutions..... that is a tough thing to find right now. Russia is in no position to take the led. China may be, but they are conservative when it comes to putting themselves out front. The EU is a mess.That leaves smaller players as the ones that are doing good. If we want to change the reserve currency then it should be a basket not a single currency, this would led to a more stable reserve.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus

It is bad enough that America is trying to cut in on our profits in the wealthy Asia Pacific. Now there is talk of us sharing the Reserve Currency with them. It is time for us to face facts. The United States is getting desperate. They have lost their grip on the world. If Australia decided to back another currency we could hurt the USD big time. America has no power over any of us now. They are beggers. We should not be treating them like a superpower. The United States needs to stand down and discuss giving up the Reserve with China and Russia. It is only fair. America is ripping us all off. They have no right to maintain the Reserve Status. The US Government is not only incompetent but audacious. The US Government continues to overspend. China warned them that the good old days of them borrowing their way out of trouble were over yet they continue to add to their debt. They are out of control. On top of the overspending, US congress will not pass anything and the government has no solutions anyway. America is doomed. I am not in favour of Australia sharing the Reserve with them. America are freeloaders. All America are is a military and consumers spending a bloated USD. No value comes from America. Australia should share the Reserve with China if anyone.

"America" is not ripping you off. The Rockefellers, Rothschildes, Warburgs, and Morgans are ripping you off given that the ten stakeholders of the US Federal Reserve (which is privately held for-profit corporation...there is nothing "federal" about it) are ALL members of these four families. Similiarly...these same four families are REALLY putting the screws to North and South America.

Instead of whining about the government or the people...why don't we just focus on hunting these four families down, seizing their assets, and executing those who are guilty of treason and war crimes after they have been tried?

Problem solved for the entire world.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Opfor
Granted the Dollar is in trouble. however, the Australian financial empire is not a thing of reality. You have to look a countries that have strong and steady financial institutions..... that is a tough thing to find right now. Russia is in no position to take the led. China may be, but they are conservative when it comes to putting themselves out front. The EU is a mess.That leaves smaller players as the ones that are doing good. If we want to change the reserve currency then it should be a basket not a single currency, this would led to a more stable reserve.

Agreed. A basket of the currencies of the US, Canada, Australia, China, Russia, Brazil, Iran, England, European Union, and Japan...all of which ought to be pegged to a various global mercantile exchanges so that they are reflective of ACTUAL value in terms of things like precious metals, soybean, pork bellies, etc.

Oh...and no damn derivatives trading either.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I actually sat down to do a little googling at lunch about the topic.

I came across this pdf by a jpmorgan man.
Very interesting.
jp morgan pdf

What I find very interesting about reserve currency is that while modernized countries are dumping the dollar in favor of other currencies.

Many developing nations have a glut of dollars as their reserve currency. Probably due to Americans buying products from those emerging economies.

I suggest you read the pdf you can definitely use some of what's in there to support your position.

As an interesting talking point. The collapse of the dollar will certainly affect emerging economies the worst.
Since they all hold US currency as their reserve currency most countries will be devastated by this.
It's interesting that while you wish doom upon the USA. You also doom emerging third world nations.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

America is doomed.

Don't you have like 5 other threads that say this over and over? We get it, Americans are evil and fat. jus sayin.

You can send me a message if all you want to post is stupid stuff like that.

This particular thread is about the fact that middle power nations like Australia now have real power over bankrupt america. It is time for them to stand down. I agree with China and Russia.

Maybe the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. And with that peace outta this obvious trollin thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You make the same types of threads and get the same amount of hate everytime. Maybe its the way you post that draws so much negative attention? or maybe it because you beat a dead horse? either way you have far too much time on your hands and love the attention.

If the USD fails many people will suffer in the west and if your hope for that to benefit Australia ur one selfish MOFO.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

The only thing provocative about them is that people cant wrap their heads around the fact that america is doomed no matter how much proof they get or how clear I make it.

And the trolls are those with the frivolous posters. I am not here to be insulted. Especially by people that are obvioucly confused and bamboozled. Its stupid. No need to reply if you are just being a [SNIP] like some of your replies.

Your reply makes no sense btw. "If the US managed their economy" ?? See, I have people like you insult me, and that is what you spit out?

Negative. Your posts are intentionally designed inflame and irritate.
In order to generate frivolous posts.
The Subtle Art of Trolling
Your posts are obvious flamebait. Look at how in this very thread you got lurkers who haven't posted in ages to come out and comment on this post.

I finally get you sir.
And I applaud you for carefully crafted posts. You have us gnashing our teeth, raging in anger and making us look like idiots.
You've done your homework and learned our arguments and avoided them at all costs.
You are an artist.
I salute you.

I think that I will be flagging and starring all your posts from now on.
The entertainment value alone is of epic proportions.
You are definitely in it for the Lulz.

He has all but admitted it to me. He is playing devils advocate. I see how he is high on himself, but really, this has been an entertaining read.

I don't read Germs comments and I skip arguments where people actually take him seriously, other than point out floors, but it has been great.

Don't think I can bring myself to star and flag though. He has enabled a lot of hate from Americans, and they will be looking for anti-Australian propaganda to support their new passion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87

In your op, you called all americans bloated consumers. You only know of America what you see on tv. Come visit us before judging us. I spent an entire summer between junee and hunters valley last year. If I wanted to I could make generalizations about ozzies but I'm better than that.

The fact that we have military bases protecting your country should be evidence that we are allies. Why try to make us enemies? We still have nukes ya know

The Hunters Valley isn't even Australian its been overrun by Germans...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join