It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The AUD/USD The Next Reserve Currency? Australia and America Tipped To Share Reserve.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It is bad enough that America is trying to cut in on our profits in the wealthy Asia Pacific. Now there is talk of us sharing the Reserve Currency with them. It is time for us to face facts. The United States is getting desperate. They have lost their grip on the world. If Australia decided to back another currency we could hurt the USD big time. America has no power over any of us now. They are beggers. We should not be treating them like a superpower. The United States needs to stand down and discuss giving up the Reserve with China and Russia. It is only fair. America is ripping us all off. They have no right to maintain the Reserve Status. The US Government is not only incompetent but audacious. The US Government continues to overspend. China warned them that the good old days of them borrowing their way out of trouble were over yet they continue to add to their debt. They are out of control. On top of the overspending, US congress will not pass anything and the government has no solutions anyway. America is doomed. I am not in favour of Australia sharing the Reserve with them. America are freeloaders. All America are is a military and consumers spending a bloated USD. No value comes from America. Australia should share the Reserve with China if anyone.

For generations the U.S. dollar has enjoyed the unique status as the world’s reserve currency. Simply because of its massive economy, it was once the measuring stick for all other nations. However since 2008, when the global economy was turned upside down, there have been some doubts as to whether the U.S. can sustain its number one ranking in the currency market.

Investors Paying Attention to Commodity Currencies With this major ax looming over the U.S. dollar, many investors are looking for ways to diversify and three currencies, The Australian dollar, New Zealand dollar and Canadian dollar are attracting a lot of attention. The one thing that these currencies have in common is that they are driven by commodity prices. Economists often refer to the Aussie, kiwi and loonie as commodity currencies because their economics are driving by mining, agriculture and oil. All three of these charts have made similar gains in since 2009, which also corresponds with strong gains in oil and gold

Aussie Dollar Leading the Pack In 2009 NZD/USD was hovering around $0.50 and is now trading around $0.78. During the same time AUD/USD rallied from around $0.62 and is currently trading around $1.00. The Canadian dollar has also been flirting with parity as USD/CAD has dropped from a high of $1.30 and is now hovering around 1.02.

Although gold has dropped from its highs of around $1,900 an ounce, the price is holding on to good support around $1,500, which is a key long-term support area. If this area holds, the Aussie could continue to outperform other currencies in the medium term.

www.forexpros.com...

The USD is doomed. The BRICS and friends are going about unseating the USD this very second. There is no hope for the USD. The only sensible thing left is for the United States to face reality and discuss standing down. I agree with Putin. America is shifting the responsibility to other countries. They are ripping us all off.

In a speech Monday, Mr. Putin said Russia and other countries should seek new reserve currencies to hedge against “a systemic malfunction” in the U.S. Both Russia and China in the past have questioned the dollar’s pre-eminence as a reserve currency and its role in international trade and investment.

“The country is living in debt,” Mr. Putin told a pro-Kremlin youth rally in central Russia. “It is not living within its means, shifting the weight of responsibility on other countries and in a way acting as a parasite.”

www.disinfo.com...
Putin calls the US a parasite. That is exactly what they are. Imagine what happens to the US if we take the Reserve Status away from them. They would actually have to start managing their economy and being responsible like the rest of us for one thing.

Australia should join the BRICS and help them destroy the USD. We would make a huge impact. If the United States will not stand down and give up the Reserve it will be unseated anyway. It is time to face facts. The USD is doomed as reserve. I dont want them leeching off Australia for any longer.

edit on 6/18/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Removed photo.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Sick of all this Yankee bashing, dont get me wrong I like to have a crack at the Yanks as much as anyone but this is crap.
I respect the people of the USA, not your government but the people.
Never met a real bad American yet, not one and I have met a few
I am an Aussie and I am sick of all these ##snip## carrying on like what is written above.

edit on Mon Jun 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Sick of all this Yankee bashing, dont get me wrong I like to have a crack at the Yanks as much as anyone but this is crap.
I am an Aussie and I am sick of all these ##snip## carrying on like what is written above.

You just do not understand. If you disagree with anything on topic let me know. I will try to explain.

If you are just being a troll,then move along.

What does this have to do with Americans btw?

I am sick of trolls. Very. Especially when they obviously do not understand.

edit- and are rude.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)
'
'
edit-- The term 'yankee' is considered offensive by some btw.

edit on Mon Jun 18 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
oh man germanicus i think your name now is synonymous with troll here at ats
Why would the AUD be a reserve? there are much better and less volatile choices
edit on 18-6-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I am an Aussie and I am sick of all these r**ards carrying on like what is written above.

Totally agree with you. And I also want to say that all these threads like "Australia could fare well if USA loses in WW3 to China" and "Aussies are great threads" and "Australia Economy outperforms and should do this rubbish like the OP of this thread just said" and "Aussies should embrace Communist China more "We Heart You China""!

Blow it out your buttox. Never heard so much up ourselves rubbish in my life. It's all total crap if you ask me.

EDIT: Oh hang on Germanicus the OP did create that thread... Future Is Bright For Australians If United States Loses WW3 www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-6-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

And there is no reason Australia would join the BRICS nations AND/OR become a reserve currency. It's utter rubbish.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
oh man germanicus i think your name now is synonymous with troll here at ats
Why would the AUD be a reserve? there are much better choices

Ask the link.

And I am not a troll just because I have an unpopular opinion. I pretty much only post in my own threads. Not a troll at all. The topic is that we should not help the United States maintain the Reserve Status because they cany run their economy and because the USD is doomed anyway. How is that trolling? I would really like to know.

And the AUD is a great choice. Our economy actually has value. We are seen as a rare 'safe haven'. Look at other western nations. You do not know what you are talking about as usual. It has nothing to do with the size of our economy it is the strength of it.

And the article is obvioucly reaching for solutions to the fact that the USD will be unseated. The BRICS will decide what it will be. It will have nothing to do with America.

So how am I a troll again? Seems I post and people like you make personal attacks and insult me and try to destroy my thread. That is pretty clear.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
And the AUD is a great choice. Our economy actually has value. We are seen as a rare 'safe haven'. Look at other western nations. You do not know what you are talking about as usual. It has nothing to do with the size of our economy it is the strength of it.

The only reason that our economy has any sort of value at the moment is the mining boom. Take that away and our economy is going through rather tough times at the moment.

And that boom is the only reason we are a "safe haven". But even that safe haven status will disappear shortly along with many jobs because of a stupidly large and unnecessary carbon tax.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

I am an Aussie and I am sick of all these r**ards carrying on like what is written above.

Totally agree with you. And I also want to say that all these threads like "Australia could fare well if USA loses in WW3 to China" and "Aussies are great threads" and "Australia Economy outperforms and should do this rubbish like the OP of this thread just said" and "Aussies should embrace Communist China more "We Heart You China""!

Blow it out your buttox. Never heard so much up ourselves rubbish in my life. It's all total crap if you ask me.

EDIT: Oh hang on Germanicus the OP did create that thread... Future Is Bright For Australians If United States Loses WW3 www.abovetopsecret.com...

And there is no reason Australia would join the BRICS nations AND/OR become a reserve currency. It's utter rubbish.

Why are they rubbish. Link something. Give an opinion. Something that looks like an argument even.

The USD is doomed. It is a fact.

The US does nothing for Australia. China is very important to us so it is in our best interest for their economy to remain strong. So yes,it would be good for Australia if China wins WW3. It would also be good if America would do the right thing and stand down and stop ripping us all off.

Why should America keep the reserve again? Please tell me. China and Russia and friends are correct. The United States does not deserve to keep it any longer. Its nothing personal. Your government is a loser. Now you know how the Greeks feel hey?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
WTF...Germy you have lost the plot...

Australia is NOTHING in the World of Finance.

We are a Miniscule speck, in the overall picture.

Dont believe the tripe the government says, the only part of the economy that is moving is mining.
That is only because of pure dumb luck and greed, greed as in deals done by Execs in Oz, to make the quick profit.

Australia is still a slave to its customers.... Only a few years ago, the LPG companies did a 15 year deal to sell LPG to Japan......guess what the price was locked it for..... 1 cent per litre!!!! For 15 YEARS !!!!!!!
Yes thats the "Good" ozzy business man.

If the Asians didnt get cheap raw materials from the big mine that is Australia, they would buy it from South America or Africa...which they will once they get their claws in...and Australia will be left for dead.
We have already exported most of our jobs, we dont even process much of our raw materials, we only have one oil refinery and thats going to close, because we import our Petrol (gas) from Singapore!!!!!!.

We are up the creek, and we are loosing hold of the paddle.
This new carbon tax will finish Australia.......
Any room in the US for a good Ol, gun totin, rootin shootin white boy who loves his V8s...but cant afford to drive them here because fuel is $6.00+ per gallon and registration is $800.00 per year.

Isa comin over......

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

The only reason that our economy has any sort of value at the moment is the mining boom. Take that away and our economy is going through rather tough times at the moment.

And that boom is the only reason we are a "safe haven". But even that safe haven status will disappear shortly along with many jobs because of a stupidly large and unnecessary carbon tax.

We are the number one ranked OECD nation. If China remains on top, we will continue to benifit. China will be the superpower when america gives up the reserve or it is unseated.

What does america do for us? Please tell me. Just a couple of things.

China is our future. We have more resources than anyone. We have uranium. We have everything. If China is superpower, we will be fine. If we stick with America, we are doomed.

America is the reason we have the Carbon Tax btw
I do not know why an Australian wouls want to lick american boots and work for them. Do you understand what having the reserve allows them to do? Its bs. We will end up having a dollar that is worth 60 cents compared with the USD and be on the wrong side of the world still if America keeps running things. Look at their national debt for god sake. And they keep spending. Why would you want to be a slave to them. They need to stand down. Its not anti-american. It was not anti-australian that Americans didnt care when our dollar was worth only 60 cent US. America have no right to the reserve. They are ripping you off.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't think Australia should have reserve currency, it will just give us big heads and little morals as it is a disease called control. No one should. We should all be free to trade in whatever currency we want, want to barter chickens, wheat or some skills, fine why use money at all? Money is about trust and equal exchange, but what is equal about getting your house blown up so someone can save 40 cents a litre on gas? There is no equal perspective on money. There is no trust when people are fighting for their egos and hidden agendas. There is just people looking out for themselves.

I worry about this world, worry that too much power and not enough brains makes a bad combination.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gort51

Come on over, it's only 3.50 a gallon where I live.

Actually I love Australia, beautiful place. It's a shame bigots like the OP get online and make you guys look bad by trying to make us look bad.

The American people shouldn't be judged by our government anymore than Oz should be judged by your government. Aren't you guys being run by a welsh woman anyway?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
WTF...Germy you have lost the plot...

Australia is NOTHING in the World of Finance.

We are a Miniscule speck, in the overall picture.

Dont believe the tripe the government says, the only part of the economy that is moving is mining.
That is only because of pure dumb luck and greed, greed as in deals done by Execs in Oz, to make the quick profit.

Australia is still a slave to its customers.... Only a few years ago, the LPG companies did a 15 year deal to sell LPG to Japan......guess what the price was locked it for..... 1 cent per litre!!!! For 15 YEARS !!!!!!!
Yes thats the "Good" ozzy business man.

If the Asians didnt get cheap raw materials from the big mine that is Australia, they would buy it from South America or Africa...which they will once they get their claws in...and Australia will be left for dead.
We have already exported most of our jobs, we dont even process much of our raw materials, we only have one oil refinery and thats going to close, because we import our Petrol (gas) from Singapore!!!!!!.

We are up the creek, and we are loosing hold of the paddle.
This new carbon tax will finish Australia.......
Any room in the US for a good Ol, gun totin, rootin shootin white boy who loves his V8s...but cant afford to drive them here because fuel is $6.00+ per gallon and registration is $800.00 per year.

Isa comin over......

You sound like you never had the plot.

The point of the thread is not Australia having the Reserve. We are a strong economy because we are located near rising China. Guess what? It is in our best interest for them to continue to rise. It is very simple. Not hard at all.

The US has no right to the Reserve is the point. They are getting desperate.

Do you understand how the reserve work? What it allows them to do?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Why are they rubbish. Link something. Give an opinion. Something that looks like an argument even.

The USD is doomed. It is a fact.

The US does nothing for Australia. China is very important to us so it is in our best interest for their economy to remain strong. So yes,it would be good for Australia if China wins WW3. It would also be good if America would do the right thing and stand down and stop ripping us all off.

Why should America keep the reserve again? Please tell me. China and Russia and friends are correct. The United States does not deserve to keep it any longer. Its nothing personal. Your government is a loser. Now you know how the Greeks feel hey?

The fact that there is a reserve currency in the world is beyond stupid. Transactions should be traded in currencies of people's own choosing as they have a right to and are exercising that right. What exactly makes that currency a reserve currency? Because people use it. They used it in the past because it was a stable, high value currency. Thus being a stable, high value currency, it was used many places; thus becoming a "reserve currency".

What makes your think that the AUD is stupidly strong to become a reserve currency?

I know your other thread you support China victory in a WW3 scenario. Firstly I hope WW3 doesn;t happen. Secondly if WW3 does, you can expect to die along with the rest of the planet especially if China somehow "wins" as if it is against the USA, Expect there to be M.A.D. And since Australia will be on the side of the USA as we are ALLIES!!; expect China to invade Australia and hurt your family, friends, and loved ones.

Also having the USA as an Allie saves Australia $40 Billion a YEAR on defence spending. How is America ripping us off?

BTW my government is AUSTRALIA not USA.

And how are we a slave to the USA? You are joking right? And hey if the dollar goes down to AUD.60/1.00USD then we will export more wont we, with more people getting hired in jobs, more investments into the industries, etc. There are negatives and benefits to both sides of the coin.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
reply to post by gort51

Come on over, it's only 3.50 a gallon where I live.

Actually I love Australia, beautiful place. It's a shame bigots like the OP get online and make you guys look bad by trying to make us look bad.

The American people shouldn't be judged by our government anymore than Oz should be judged by your government. Aren't you guys being run by a welsh woman anyway?

Its a shame trolls that cry troll my thread.

Not anti-american.

Your country is crap. Not my fault. Bad luck.

Americans do not have a god given right to the reserve currency.

Who is judging American people? Point it out exactly. Do you have a disorder or something?

Exactly. Point it out.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

In your op, you called all americans bloated consumers. You only know of America what you see on tv. Come visit us before judging us. I spent an entire summer between junee and hunters valley last year. If I wanted to I could make generalizations about ozzies but I'm better than that.

The fact that we have military bases protecting your country should be evidence that we are allies. Why try to make us enemies? We still have nukes ya know

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Won't happen in this life time or the next

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

What makes your think that the AUD is stupidly strong to become a reserve currency?

That sentence makes no sense like the rest of what you say. But, I did not say that the AUD sharing the Reserve was realistic did I? The article did. I said the opposite didnt I? I said America was getting desperate.

We are still a strong economy though we are a safe choice out of the Western nations. Notice the only ones the article mentions are allies of America? It is capitalist. I want China and the BRICS to control the Reserve obviously. Your comprehension is poor.

And I do not care where you are from. What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
etfdailynews.com...

Not the Yuan The other reserve currency idea on many pundits’ lists is the Chinese yuan. No offense, but this is simply ridiculous, and here’s why… The first important issue is liquidity. The Chinese yuan isn’t even convertible. The government forces Chinese exporters who receive U.S. dollars to turn them over to the Central Bank. (This is how China built its $3 trillion in reserves). Citizens can’t take it out of the country. It isn’t accepted as legal tender anywhere outside of China. The other problem with the yuan or Renminbi is that it’ll be a long, long time before China allows its currency to float freely. China built its entire system on tightly controlling their currency’s value. If the currency strengthened 10% against the U.S. dollar in six months, millions of exporters already on razor-thin margins would go bust. In addition, China’s weaknesses as a global safe haven are glaringly obvious. Two examples should suffice: All of its strategic industries are firmly in state hands and its judicial system is anything but independent. That shouldn’t instill much global confidence. Next, I can’t top how Fraser Howie, a managing director at CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets, co-author of Red Capitalism: The Fragile Financial Foundation of China’s Extraordinary Rise, sums up China’s financial shell games:
figured this article brought up some good points and seemed to translate it down so people(like me) who arent as well versed in the market could make some small sense of it

www.currencycountdown.com...
www.weissmoneynetwork.com...
www.businessweek.com...
www.reuters.com...
www.lowyinterpreter.org...

found most of them informative but to be honest i dont dabble in the markets much so kinda just posting links so the more informed can figure it all out

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87

In your op, you called all americans bloated consumers. You only know of America what you see on tv. Come visit us before judging us. I spent an entire summer between junee and hunters valley last year. If I wanted to I could make generalizations about ozzies but I'm better than that.

The fact that we have military bases protecting your country should be evidence that we are allies. Why try to make us enemies? We still have nukes ya know

Are you serious? That was the best you could do?

You are a joke. Do not cry to me bacause America is doomed. It is not my fault.

What I am saying by a bloated 'dollar is that the US dollar is overvalued. Take away the reserve and you will be lucky if America does not get hyperinflation.

So no. I am not calling americans fat.

Anything else? No, because I am not anti-american am I? Nothing about the thread is anti-american. I am certainly not a bigot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join