It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST READ for Freedom Lovers. Warning: Details of NDAA Act are emerging.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well, it looks like a lot of the sheeple at least may be in for a rude awakening, when and if they come for them. We here on ATS should be in the know for what's coming down the road. All the usual suspects are mentioned in this piece. Nothing good, as it seems they are finding more information about the NDAA that President Obama signed into law and so sneakily on Dec 31 2011. Anything bad it seems they try to hide at the beginning of the weekend, and its always helpful to have a good event/or scandal to keep covering the story, while hiding wha's really going on behind our backs. Now we learn. At least we know why FEMA may be involved in this as well. The story goes on to describe what we will be up against.

Jana Nestlerode

On December 31, 2011, President Obama signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act of 2012. Section 1021 of that law permits the indefinite military detention of American citizens on a mere suspicion of a connection, however remote or unintended, with a terrorist group. It was the death blow to a Constitution that was already on life support.

"That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons."

"Section 1021 affirms the executive branch's authority to detain persons covered by the AUMF. This section breaks no new ground and is unnecessary. The authority it describes was included in the 2001 AUMF, as recognized by the Supreme Court and confirmed through lower court decisions since then" Moreover I want to clarify that my Administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens " My Administration will interpret section 1021 in a manner that insures that any detention authorized complies with the law".

President Bush and President Obama have both used this legislation to justify military actions in multiple countries. Section 1021 of the NDAA begins by reaffirming this authority. It goes on to bring this authority for use of military action to American soil and against American citizens.

edit on 18-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

edit on 18-6-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure what part of this is any kind of new information.
2nd to none.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
My gut tells me that it is the prelude to something big. And not in a good way.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zox720
I'm not sure what part of this is any kind of new information.
2nd to none.

I think the new information is the fundraising part. Clicking the link cues a big-a$$ pop-up panhandling for funds for OpEd News....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

I agree with what you said, Mines been saying that for quite sometime now. Best advice we should be prepared as best we can for whatever's wicked is truly headed this way. I generally don't get feelings like this. There are so many scenarios, they could go to to perpatrate this act, it's hard to pinpoint whatever it is, that's going to happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
and as of a few days ago, the latter will find the power under judicial review.

www.courthousenews.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Know are you do somthing about it or just let it happen?

top topics

join