It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing Our Reality From Another Dimension

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Lets try holding out a square,a 6 sided cube,in front of 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th dimensional entities and what exactly would they see?

An entity from the 1st dimension,a 1 dimensional being,would only be able to see 1 side of the cube, no matter how,no matter what angle they were looking at it from,thats all they would be able to see,1 side and they would only be able to move backwards and forwards,or,only left and right,they would not be able to move both ways and when seen from our 3 dimensional perspectives,they would appear as a flat,thin line?

An entity from the 2nd dimension,a 2 dimensional being,would only be able to see 2 sides of the cube and they would only be able to move forwards and backwards and left and right,they would not be able to move up or down and when seen from our 3 dimensional perspectives,they would appear like a person drawn on a piece of paper?

An entity from the 3rd dimension,a 3 dimensional being,you and i,can only see 3 sides of the cube,its length, width and height.We cannot see a fourth side of the cube,even if we change our position,we are still only able to see 3 sides at any one time.Looking at the cube from any angle and from any perspective,we cannot see more than 3 of its sides at a time?

An entity from the 4th dimension,a 4 dimensional being,would be able to see 4 sides of the cube at the same time.if a 4th dimensional being were within our 3 dimensional world,they would be able to see through and around the cube and when seen from our 3 dimensional perspectives,they would appear to be able to walk through solid objects,time travel at will,while moving in and out of our visible spectrum,flying without wings?
edit on 18-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
An entity from the 1st dimension wouldn't see the cube at all. They would see a flat plane only, and have no idea that it had a 3 dimensional shape. They would not see height, or depth.

And if there were an entity from this alleged 4th Dimension here in our 3 dimensional world, we most likely wouldn't be able to see them either. So they would not appear to move through objects - they would be invisible to us. The same way that we would be invisible to that single-dimensional being.
edit on 18-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
While I intend to continue having fun and enjoying this experience as much as possible, I am looking forward to the 4th Density.

I've had just about enough of this one already.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wrong meaning of dimension....

And time is the 4th dimension anyway

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
An entity from the 1st dimension wouldn't see the cube at all. They would see a flat plane only, and have no idea that it had a 3 dimensional shape. They would not see height, or depth.

Thats what i meant when i said that a being from the first dimension,a one dimensional being,would only be able to see one side of a square,one side of a six sided cube,just like you and i in this reality are three dimensional beings,who can only see three sides of a six sided cube,no matter how we look at it,no matter from what angle,thats all we can ever see at any one time...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Wrong meaning of dimension....

And time is the 4th dimension anyway
Time is a human invention,a way of explaining and dealing with the rising and setting sun and moon,the days and nights,the changing seasons,time gives structure to our lives,but i dont believe that it really exists as a seperate dimension,i dont think time actually exists beyond our thoughts about it,what if there were no humans on earth to think about it,what would become of time? If we were able to stop enslaving ourselves to clocks,watches and calendars,would time really continue to mean anything at all?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

If we were able to stop enslaving ourselves to clocks,watches and calendars,would time really continue to mean anything at all?

After you throw away clocks, watches and calendars, hold your breath. Does the amount of time you hold it have any effect?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Explanation: S&F

Here is a picture that may save a thousand words to describe ...

It was screen grabbed from this video ...

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I find it intriguing and amazing to realize that when i hold out a cube,a six sided square,in front of me,no matter how i look at it,i can only see three of its sides at the same time,no matter how i hold it,i can only see three sides at once and when i view it standing from any perspective,or however i hold my head,or wherever i move my eyes,i'm still only able to see three sides of that cube,even though i know it has six sides,because i am a three dimensional being existing within a three dimensional reality...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

dim 1 sees SOMETHING/CUBE but cannot generate conscious power to make sense of what it sees
dim 2 sees something but also can detect it/CUBE has a DEPTH or SIZE
dim 3 sees somethings depth & size and can actually UNDERSTAND it to the point the dim3 being CAN ALMOST make copies of CUBE
dim4 sees cube and NOTICES ITS MAKE UP but cannot understand WHAT ITS MADE for -DIM4 BEGINS TO SEE OCCUPIED SPACE (SUPPORTING THE CUBE SPACE) WHICH INTURN ALLOWS THEM TO SEE BEYOND 6 SIDED CUBE ALLOWING THEM TO UNDERSTAND OCCUPIED SPACE AROUND AND BEHIND 6 SIDED CUBE WHICH DEVELOPES A SOMEWHAT SUBJECTIVE VIEW OF CUBES DESIGN DUE TO THEM RECOGNIZING OCCUPIED SPACE BEHIND OR OUT OF SITE OF FRONT OR OBSERVABLE VIEW OF CUBE
dim5 sees cube within or occupying another space understands how its made and what its for CAN POSSIBLY MAKE OTHERS
dim6 RECOGNIZES OTHER (5)DIM BEINGS OBSERVING CUBE WITHIN OCCUPIED SPACE AS THEY TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT/CUBE - DIM6 UNDERSTANDS OCCUPIED SPACE AND REASON FOR CUBE
I dont know if I am following this correct so i will stop here @ 6dim understanding

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I find it intriguing and amazing to realize that when i hold out a cube,a six sided square,in front of me,no matter how i look at it,i can only see three of its sides at the same time,no matter how i hold it,i can only see three sides at once and when i view it standing from any perspective,or however i hold my head,or wherever i move my eyes,i'm still only able to see three sides of that cube,even though i know it has six sides,because i am a three dimensional being existing within a three dimensional reality...

But what if you could see space around the 6 sided cube to allow for further understanding and interpretations of the object??? Basically if you lay a 6 sided shaped object on say a pillow and can only see those parts you see then you can see more if you look at the imprint left on pillow to come up with subjective outlook of said object of 6 sides. To add imprint left on pillow = dark energy/space occupied but not understood, for the space is made on pillow but nothing is there
except whats holding the 6sided cube shape/mprint within pillow. Isnt that still energy that what holds imprint or just disreguarded as dark matter/energy or the unknown (if speaking in those terms)
edit on 6/18/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I'm certainly no expert and who really knows for sure? but i think that a being living within the fourth dimension,would be able to see four sides of a six sided cube simultaneously and perhaps even all six sides? just like we in this three dimensional reality,are only able to see three sides of a six sided cube, no matter how we hold it or look at it...
edit on 19-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Even ghosts,whatever or whoever they really are,may be existing within a fourth dimensional reality and thats why when seen from our three dimensional perspectives,they appear to float in the air and walk through walls and other similar types of fantastic things that we are unable to do...

Maybe ghosts really are able to accomplish those incredible feats,when they are within our three dimensional reality,just like we would be able to move beyond a two dimensional reality,by moving up and down,when a being living in that two dimensional reality would only be able to move left and right and backwards and forwards,like a person drawn upon a flat sheet of paper...

edit on 19-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I needed to bump this, because this subject is fascinating, and Blocula you add an new dimension (sorry pun) to site, you never fail to deliver.

The descriptions of dimensions in this thread, is the best ive seen, i actually understood it a bit.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Think about this,we are able to see all six sides of a cube,by holding it in front of us while looking into a mirror and seeing the reflection of its other three sides,while looking at the three sides facing us that we are able to see,the mirror allows us to see its six dimensional reality simultaneously...

I wonder if anyones ever seen a ghost while looking into a mirror?

edit on 21-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry to burst everybody's bubble here , but none of you have the slightest idea what you are talking about . This thread was embarrassing to read .

Dimensions ( not density's by the way ) in space and time have nothing what so ever to do dimensional perspective .
There is no proof that Dimensions in space and time even exist. It is nothing more than a theory based on quantum entanglement ( two particles sharing the same properties over vast distances ) .

Go back to school , people . You will be suprised at how little you actually know .

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Theres been no bubbles burst here,as far as i'm concerned...

There are obviously three dimensions within this reality,length,width and height...

In other words...

left and right,backwards and forwards,up and down...

At least those are the three known dimensions of this reality that our five senses allow us to perceive,but there may be other dimensions beyond our human perceptions...

And so why wouldnt there be more than three dimensions?

A fourth,fifth,sixth,seventh and even more and who knows how many dimensions actually exist?

There may very well be an infinite number of them...

edit on 21-6-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

the mirror allows us to see its six dimensional reality simultaneously...

No, it doesn't. You're confusing dimensions with number of sides. A cube is 3D not 6.

CUBE

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i'll take your brain to another dimension pay close attention...
Bloc you cannot put your hand into the space of tomorro,sorry you have no way of proving the other
dimensions exist do you now? besides you think everything is an illusion as well don't you
So you cannot keep refering to what you call reality if you think it doesn't exist ..

top topics

join