The Radical Centrist Caucus

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This thread is a response to Beezer's thread:

The ATS Election Thread

The purpose of this thread is to use the Hammer of Reason and the Nails of Wisdom to forge our planks into a platform. Here are the planks:

1.The Scientific Method is the best means of understanding the nature of the physical universe.

2.Meditation and self reflection is the best means of understanding the subjective experience of the world.

3.All decisions and actions must be based on a careful balancing of reason and compassion.

4.Mathematics trumps gut feelings.

5.Disembodied "channeled" spirits, if they exist at all, do not necessarily tell the truth.

6.Just because there are pics doesn't mean it happened.

7.Repeating a lie does not make it true.

8.Appealing to an authority may be a logical fallacy, but deferring to an authority is reasonable in the absence of better, more reliable, information.

9.YouTube videos prove nothing.

10.Citing a hoax may be simple ignorance; knowingly citing a hoax is trolling.

11.Rational people can evaluate the same information and legitimately reach different conclusions.

12.When rational people come to differing conclusions, these conclusions can be moderated by civil, rational debate.

In addition to refining our platform in the Crucible of Discourse, we will also determine who will represent our party in the coming election. Mixed metaphors will be served.
edit on 18-6-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I promised a star and flag for every thread.

I keep my promises

Good luck

ETA :

Keep walking the plank matey arrrrrr.
edit on 6/18/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Your platform is a good subgroup of the Smylee Birthday Ninja Party.
We extend ours by incorporating wit and wisdom in addition to understanding and logic to not only bring knowledge but a light heart as well. It's a holistic approach to the entire individual not just the mind, but the heart and soul as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

We extend ours by incorporating wit and wisdom in addition to understanding and logic to not only bring knowledge but a light heart as well. It's a holistic approach to the entire individual not just the mind, but the heart and soul as well.

Thank you. Your platform is similar to ours. The Radical Centrist Party wants to be the party of the "big tent." Preferably one with blue and gold stripes. (Red and white stripes are tacky.) You are welcome to join our caucus. Since we have not yet selected a candidate, you may even put your own name forward.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Thank you. Your platform is similar to ours. The Radical Centrist Party wants to be the party of the "big tent." Preferably one with blue and gold stripes. (Red and white stripes are tacky.) You are welcome to join our caucus. Since we have not yet selected a candidate, you may even put your own name forward.

Thank you. We would welcome the conglomeration of our parties if that is something you would be interested in. Blue and gold are much better colors then the cliche' red and white, although red mixed with blue does make a lovely shade of purple.

I will have to consort with Smyleegrl to see if a merger is something she would agree to. We merged already making us the Smylee Birthday Ninja Party, but would be willing to revisit the title of the party to enable the success of the platform!

It is becoming ever more importat that we deny ignorance by opposing it with it's diametrical opposition of comprehension and intelligence (with wit and wisdom thrown in for good measure of course!)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Perhaps The Conglomerated Holistic Intelligence Committee Klan Engaging Nature would be a good name.... abbreviated to CHICKEN of course!

or the Conglomerated Holistic Intelligence Tandem Engaging Nature... or CHITEN
edit on 19-6-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just dropping by to wish all my opponents good luck.

S&F

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'd love to be able to paint common sense stuff like this as being centrist, but really people who follow these mental guidelines can end up anywhere on the spectrum really. During my time in grassroots politics, blogging, networking with centrist and moderate candidates and organizations, I've met my share of "centrist zealots"... I don't think that crazy sort of illogical behavior has anything to do with where someone is on the political spectrum.

It has more to do with how deeply someone has internalized their beliefs. The loony line is crossed when they start seeing those who disagree with them as flawed human beings in some way, rather than just wrong from their perspective. Jonathon Haidt's book 'The Righteous Mind' is essential reading on this sort of thing.

Solomon Kleinsmith
Rise of the Center

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Click HERE to FLAG this thread and VOTE!

top topics

join