Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

We can improve the solid foundations of ATS together. My application for Regent.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Dear members, moderators and readers of ATS, i daaskapital have recently conceived the ATS People's Party, a party for the people of ATS. A party which will represent the major beliefs of the people associated with the party.

The main objective of this party is not only just to win the title of Regent, but also to be a long term party which will represent the ideologies of the people. If you, as an equal member of ATS vote for myself and the ATS People's Party (or better yet, join the party), then we will be one step closer to promoting our ideologies.

Don't get me wrong, the pre-conceived ideologies targeting myself are nothing to worry about. I have been called names, with perhaps the most worrying being Anti-American...but this party is not about that. Not about name calling or the history of the members. We can all have a fresh start, and the ATS People's Party is the place to do it. In this party, we can all share ideas and proposals in which have the potential to change ATS for the better. I have many different beliefs and opinions regarding specific spheres of events, and i am sure you do too!

In what way will we make ATS better? We will make ATS a friendlier community, we will support equality (as there is no reason for egos to take precedence over the friendlier and more open aspects of Above Top Secret), we will provide challenging debates and topics where we can still be individuals, but keep the immature and rash behaviour out of the topics.

Please feel free to add anything you feel we can change for the better. ^^^

Some members may still be questioning me, based purely on the negative aspects of my posting history, but i ask of those who question me to take a look at my threads. Only on few occasions have i created threads targeting the direct structure of controversial topics. Anyway, i feel i have covered that topic too much.

Now, on to the International aspect.

Knowing that ATS is an international society with members all over the world, it is important for us to maintain and respect each other's beliefs, history, tradition and culture. I believe that the ATS People's Party will be solid enough to produce these positive qualities. As ATS is now, i am sure we can all agree that there is prejudice against the Muslims, against the Christians, against Atheists, against Asians, against Westerners, against Middle Easterners, and against our respective traditions and culture. I will say now. This will stop under the ATS People's Party. Now i understand, it will be impossible to completely quell this behaviour, but that being said, it is not impossible.

This application will now head to my personal views.

War:

I am against all types of war. Whether it be verbal or an all out physical war, it does not benefit anyone besides those in power.

Same-sex Marriage

I understand that this is a controversial subject, but we are all human, and i believe we should all have equal rights. I know that marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman, however, the society we live in today is drastically different to the society of which the Bible was written. This may alienate some of you, considering the previous statements by me. But as i said, everyone is free to share their thoughts, and we can all come to an agreement to alter the party's core ideologies.

Economy

The Global Economy is on a roller coaster which is heading down hill and it doesn't appear to be slowing. While this roller coaster has it's bumps, we are all ultimately going to end up down the bottom, no matter which country you live in. One of my critical positions regarding the economy is that the Euro should be eliminated, as it is a sinking ship which is going down fast. The quicker European nations can escape the Euro, the better.

Why should ATS join the party and vote for me?

Our party will uphold the values of factual information. Instead of providing baseless opinions, we should always back up our statements with facts, through using either primary or secondary sources. It is something i have always strove to achieve, and it should be something we should all aim for, as it not only strengthens our arguments, but provides useful information to our opposition so they may learn.

With all this said, i will now conclude this statement by saying, please vote for myself and the ATS People's Party, and remember, it is a party which is for everybody, including you! Don't be afraid to drop by and state your opinions. Together, we can achieve great things!

Good luck to my fellow competitors.

Thank you

(Dear moderators, if this is in the wrong forum, i ask if you can please relocate it to a more specific one, thanks)
edit on 18-6-2012 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
But as i said, everyone is free to share their thoughts, and we can all come to an agreement to alter the party's core ideologies.

I'm not involved in this Regent thing, but I think one of the problems in the political system of today is that the leaders are willing to alter their core ideologies based on the opinions of the majority.

Good luck in your run.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

But as i said, everyone is free to share their thoughts, and we can all come to an agreement to alter the party's core ideologies.

I'm not involved in this Regent thing, but I think one of the problems in the political system of today is that the leaders are willing to alter their core ideologies based on the opinions of the majority.

Good luck in your run.

That doesn't happen down here
. It is mainly "deal with it."

Those are my core ideologies, but i believe that the title of regent should be something held not by myself as an individual, but by the party. it is something that every member should be a part of. The title of Regent consists of an individual, yes, but i believe it is the chance for everyone here to greater themselves.

Considering this is a party for the people, i will allow members to input suggestions, and if we come to a unanimous decision on something, then great! We can solidify the party's position further. While there may be some disagreements among those who wish to support or join the party, i believe this party can work.

Thank you very much for the wishes
edit on 18-6-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Isn't it against the T&C's to organize and push a group of people over another group of people here on ATS, or did they suddenly change that to allow this sort of thing, this is the second thread I've seen in so many weeks about someone wanting to organize a ruling group on this site...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I am against all types of war. Whether it be verbal or an all out physical war, it does not benefit anyone besides those in power.

Then you have already lost. There is a large growing population out there that wants to take away freedom of speech, freedom of religion (or freedom FROM religion), freedom of the internet, etc etc. They are a major force and they are gaining power. If you are unwilling to fight for your rights and the rights of all of us .. then you have already lost to them.

Anyways .. I'm not getting into the Regent thing ... but have fun.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
Isn't it against the T&C's to organize and push a group of people over another group of people here on ATS, or did they suddenly change that to allow this sort of thing, this is the second thread I've seen in so many weeks about someone wanting to organize a ruling group on this site...

Thank you for the reply.

While it may be classed as solicitation, i believe that this is a way to get the Regent nominees out there. This is for the Regent Application, whereby members set up parties and gain votes to be considered the Regent of Above Top Secret. I believe that there is no harm being done. No one is being injured or nothing is going to happen as a result of this party. It is merely a party of which i started to better ATS members and a party of which i started to gain said party a nomination in the regent poll.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Then you have already lost. There is a large growing population out there that wants to take away freedom of speech, freedom of religion (or freedom FROM religion), freedom of the internet, etc etc. They are a major force and they are gaining power. If you are unwilling to fight for your rights and the rights of all of us .. then you have already lost to them.

Anyways .. I'm not getting into the Regent thing ... but have fun.

The war of freedom i presume?

Just because i am against all types of war, doesn't mean i won't fight when it is absolutely necessary to do so. Being on the victims side of such a war, it is morally acceptable to defend the rights of the people. I am confident that all members here are against the acts which are slowly, but surely stripping the population of it's freedom. Together, as an international population, we have already halted the progress of bills used to restrict our freedom. I'm sure us here on ATS will fight just as hard.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Just read up on this, its for fun

My bad, tin foil hat off now.

Was going off on a rant, given the latest influx of threads clamouring for internet restrictions etc.
edit on 18-6-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I doubt you are alone in noticing this, the other disturbing trend is that the members that are advocating this are still in the honeymoon years of membership.

That is even more cause for concern in my eyes.

A moderator can take the matter up with myself if there is any problem.

I am getting tired of looking at threads that are blatantly authoritarian in nature.

Then do not click on threads supporting particular parties or in your words, are "authoritarian."

I would not consider this thread to be authoritarian as i am not forcing people to believe in anything. I am not forcing people to join the party. As i stated numerous times, the people can make their decisions. Furthermore, this is not taking away any personal freedom as a result for obeying a supreme authority as is covered in the definition of authoritarian, as:

1- We are all still individuals who all have a say in the party.

And

2- There isn't a particular authority per se, as we will all have the title of Regent.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Was going off on a rant, given the latest influx of threads clamouring for internet restrictions etc.

Oh, no worries then

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I gave your thread a flag.

I would have starred your post but you posted this thread in the wrong forum.

Good luck

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
I gave your thread a flag.

I would have starred your post but you posted this thread in the wrong forum.

Good luck

Thanks mate...Do you have a specific thread?

I had a feeling i posted in the wrong forum :/

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

This thread might clarify what this is all about.

ATS Election Thread. Election for Regent of ATS

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Thanks mate...Do you have a specific thread?

No, my party has no need for self promotion.

We strictly run on the ideals of slandering the other nominees.

Vote for me. Because the other guys suck.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

That's sure to gain votes (seriously)

Nice tactic

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Oh, no worries then

I read a reply to the thread and got mixed up

I has made a wee boo boo.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
First of all, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about when you say regent, but I have some idea as to the ideals of any working organisation. I also know about the functions, and processes involved with the running of governments, local , regional, and national. I know these things because one must know his enemy.

Knowing ones enemy is why I can sit there and listen to the BBC, and read between the lines, for myself, as to what I believe the truth of any given matter is. What I am saying is that counter to popular suggestion, merely ignoring or avoiding threads which are authoritarian in nature is in fact tantamount to shooting yourself in the neck and bleeding to death slowly ( or at least, slower than the death that would come from a shot to the midst of the brain pan at any rate).

You want to know what the freaks and psychos trying to take over the world are doing? Then read their blogs, check out their rants, find out where they are going to be, so that you can counter their horrific BS. Know their speil and the answers to it, know their MO so you can catch them at it. Burying your heads will avail you of nothing, NOTHING what so ever, other than a quick death. Not a merciful one, or an honourable one... just quick.

As for Regent.... has anyone even looked up what the word actually means ?

A person appointed to administer a country because the monarch is a minor or is absent or incapacitated.

That is what it means. Aside from the crap about monarchs, minors, and absenteeism or physical status of said monarchs, it means another damned ruler.

Let me tell you ATS, the world has enough rulers, administrators, and desk jockeys. What we need in this world, and on a scale we can all feel at home with, on ATS, is a bit of healthy individual responsibility. Some members need a dose of clarity, realism, honesty and basic respect. Others need to show their faces more, get up and speak their minds, and their hearts.

You have opinions people. You have free will, and you have the greatest informational resource known to mankind at your fingertips. Now, sink your feet into the warm, soft earth of the informational metaverse, dig your fists deep into the sod of the superhighway at your command, get your research done. Stand with your banner raised high, AND DENY IGNORANCE! For YOURSELF! Allow no man or woman, nor cult or beast to do it for you.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

it's these kind of initiatives that make me proud to be a living, breathing human.

good work sir!

the evolution of true peace and freedom is happening thanks to people like yourself.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If you search the internet as to reviewers comments about ATS it's more about the ban hammer than anything else.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu

it's these kind of initiatives that make me proud to be a living, breathing human.

good work sir!

the evolution of true peace and freedom is happening thanks to people like yourself.

Thank you very much for the kind comment my friend

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join