It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the name of the christian god ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife
Name that which comes before the word which names that which comes before the word.

If you're going to make an attempt to teach speak plainly, no one here speaks the language of fortune cookie.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Name that which comes before the word which names that which comes before the word.

If you're going to make an attempt to teach speak plainly, no one here speaks the language of fortune cookie.

It is simple logic.

It cannot be done.

It is a logical paradox.

The Gordian Knot.

It cannot be named which is the source of the thought which leads to the word which leads to how we define our whole reality.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DeathbecomesLife

Mark 4:11

11) And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
here is Gods name

King James Bible Exodus:346 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth, 7 Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.

this is called the 72 letter name of God this is what God calls himself. He also calls himself Yahweh he will answer to El Shaddai , Abraham the Patriarch was the son of a guy named Terah who made idols, Abraham at some point realized idols are just statues. He called upon the True god who made Everything (without knowing his name) and God answered him. If you call upon him and mean him he will answer you, he's like that

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Mark 4:11

11) And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Indeed.

That is why in the beginning was the word. Any way you describe your reality, it will begin with a word.

Thus, the question asked, what is in the beginning, it must be the word.

Thus what is the word? Well without the word, you would not even be able to communicate your opinion on the matter. So, the word itself is that which it creates. or the word IS God.

Make sense?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Well, here's what the Bible says the word is:

John 1:1

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14

14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So, please help me to understand your point if it differs from mine or Lonewolf's.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well, here's what the Bible says the word is:

John 1:1

1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Yes, that is what I was proving with my elaboration above. It is not enough to parrot the truth. You must also be equiped to explain it to anyone. Break it down so that it makes sense. That is what I am trying to do. Whether or not it makes sense to you, is not for me to decide.

John 1:14

14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So, please help me to understand your point if it differs from mine or Lonewolf's.

Now that we agree that the word is god, look at yourself in the mirror. What is that you see? Is it not the flesh that your word comes forth from?

edit on 18-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by DeathbecomesLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Now that we agree that the word is god, look at yourself in the mirror. What is that you see? Is it not the flesh that your word comes forth from?

When I look in the mirror, I see the flesh that God's Word spoke of, not my own. I didn't speak myself into existence. God did. Just like God made Jesus flesh and sent him to the earth as His only begotten Son, to speak God's word here on earth in order to bring eternal life to the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

When I look in the mirror, I see the flesh that God's Word spoke of, not my own. I didn't speak myself into existence. God did. Just like God made Jesus flesh and sent him to the earth as His only begotten Son, to speak God's word here on earth in order to bring eternal life to the rest of us.

If you are not speaking God's word, whose word are you speaking?

Who do you serve?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Everything written in the Bible is God's Word. That's why it's called God's Word. I only speak words (lower case) of a language to help communicate God's Word, but they are not one and the same. The funny thing is that you already know this, but you're trying to confuse "words" with "God's Word" so you can speak your own parables.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
No wicked spirit will ever admit that Christ came in the flesh, that God added humanity to His divinity at the incarnation.

That's not very fair. You already believe this or you would not make the statement as a test.

This is like me saying, no wicked spirit will ever admit that I am in the flesh and that I added humanity to his divinity at my incarnation.

See, I believe this and therefore, by declaring others wicked who do not believe this, I have ruled out them ever being able to test me.

I do not mind your test being applied to me. I admit Jesus came in the flesh and added humanity to his divinity at the incarnation.

See, I am not wicked.

Or, your test is not conclusive.

Either way, I cannot test you if you already believe what you are saying is the test.

Since you declare that we are in fact supposed to test spirits, can you give me a test that actually makes sense?

You're not very Biblically literate are you? (1 John 4:2-3)

edit on 18-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Everything written in the Bible is God's Word. That's why it's called God's Word. I only speak words (lower case) of a language to help communicate God's Word, but they are not one and the same. The funny thing is that you already know this, but you're trying to confuse "words" with "God's Word" so you can speak your own parables.

Not so. Did God write the book? No. Did God have a stenographer? No. Did a Historian follow God around and record everything God said and did? No. And the parts placed in there by Francis Bacon and John Dee, what are those? I'm sure God would not speak through two Sorcerers..
Here is your research, all done for you:

In 1604, King James commanded what many consider to be the greatest piece of religious and literary work in the world, the "Authorized Version". It is also known as the Authorized King James Bible.
54 men were appointed to the translation committee. According to the translator's notes in the preface of the King James Bible, the Roman Catholic religion was dead set against translating the Bible into the common tongue.
Source

THE MEN BEHIND THE KING JAMES BIBLE

DOCTOR JOHN RAINOLDS, Puritan, spoke at Hampton Court of the need for a new translation. Called the most learned man in England, Rainolds worked with the Oxford group that translated the Old Testament, but he died before the new Bible was completed.

RICHARD BANCROFT, Bishop of London, as a high churchman opposed Rainolds' Puritan proposals yet moved with energy for the new Bible when the King approved. After the death of John Whitgift, Bancroft was rewarded with the Archbishopric of Canterbury.

GEORGE ABBOT, among the New Testament translators at Oxford, followed Bancroft as Bishop and became Archbishop in time to oppose the tyranny of Laud. His engraved portrait is from the title page of his book, A Brief Description of the Whole World, as published in 1656.

LANCELOT ANDREWES, Dean of Westminster, chose many other translators and led the Westminster group translating from the Hebrew. Andrewes had been a chaplain to Elizabeth; he was a friend of Bacon and Spenser, and young John Milton wrote his elegy, when, in 1626, he died.

THOMAS RAVIS, Dean of Christ Church and later Warden of New College, was head of the New Testament translators at Oxford. A high churchman, Ravis opposed Puritan teachings. He signed the document that asked promotion for another translator, Dean Thorne.

SIR HENRY SAVILE, considered the handsomest of the translators, had tutored Queen Elizabeth in Greek and mathematics. Provost of Eton, then Warden of Merton, he worked with the Greek group at Oxford, where he lectured on the Greek philosophers and Euclid.

THOMAS BILSON, Bishop of Winchester, worked with the Cambridge translators and was one of the two final editors. His high church views and zeal for the Establishment balanced the Puritan leanings of Miles Smith, who followed him in the see of Winchester.

DOCTOR MILES SMITH worked in the Oxford group that translated the Old Testament from the Hebrew. He also served as final editor of the whole translation and wrote the eloquent preface, which was part of the 1611 edition.
Source
Sir Francis Bacon headed up the translation team of the King James Bible.

Francis Bacon was partly, if not entirely, responsible for an amazing undertaking,
1. The Shakespearian Plays
2. The creation in its present form of Freemasonry
3. The translation of the King James Bible into its present well-known Authorized Version.

Sir Fransis Bacon had a very good friend and confidant in John Dee.

In his lifetime Dee amassed one of the largest libraries in England. His high status as a scholar also allowed him to play a role in Elizabethan politics. He served as an occasional adviser and tutor to Elizabeth I and nurtured relationships with her ministers Francis Walsingham and William Cecil. Dee also tutored and enjoyed patronage relationships with Sir Philip Sidney, his uncle Robert Dudley, 1st Earl of Leicester, and Edward Dyer. He also enjoyed patronage from Sir Christopher Hatton.

Source
I explored this fully in my thread HERE.
Still say the KJV Bible is God's word alone?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You're not very Biblically literate are you? (1 John 4:2-3)

Is that how you treat a child with questions?

Away with you! Go read a book.

If I ask, I do not know.

So, again I ask, how do I test you?

I am not asking John.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

So scholars cannot look at the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts?? What in the world do you think they consult when revisions come out?

edit on 18-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

What does 1 John 4:2-3 say?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If everything written in the bible is God's Word, and only that is God's Word...

Why are you voicing an opinion on the matter?

Your opinion isn't God's word??

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

What does 1 John 4:2-3 say?

I am listening, but I do not hear John speaking.

John?

Where art thou John?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

If everything written in the bible is God's Word, and only that is God's Word...

Why are you voicing an opinion on the matter?

Your opinion isn't God's word??

I only voice my opinion to help communicate God's Word with more words, as it's obvious that some on here think that's it's totally written in parables with no understanding available. Some people are more knowledgeable about connecting verses to other verses in the Bible for a better understanding. We all learn more from each other based on our combined research. It's a lifelong process of study and research. Yes, there are things written in the Bible that can take on different interpretations, but the basics of what we're supposed to know are pretty straight forward, in my opinion. The rest is just the icing on the cake to indulge our never ending desire to learn more about God and uncovering every little detail we might find.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I only voice my opinion to help communicate God's Word with more words, as it's obvious that some on here think that's it's totally written in parables with no understanding available.

If the words in the Bible are the only words that are from God, then your opinion does not matter.

This is your own condemnation. I believe your words do come from God, and if he condemns you so, then I will let him condemn you through your own words.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I am listening, but I do not hear John speaking.

John?

Where art thou John?

LOL! Actually, the Bible teaches us how to test spirits, not specifically each other.

If you want to test what someone is saying to be true, you're supposed to compare it to what's written in the Bible.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join