It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the name of the christian god ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
In my opinion all our religions come from Egypt.

In the case of Christianity the name of God would be Amun. That is why every prayer in the bible is ended by Amen.
A discrete way to pay tribute to Amun.

Lol, we say "amen" from the Hebrew "so let it be" which is technically pronounced AHH-mEEn. Spelled similar, completely different phonetics and definition.

Well my friend, there are two sides to a coin and even more to a dice

I prefer to see it my way, allot more fun

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
The bible makes it very clear that jesus is not the same person as jehovah

Correct, the Father spoke from heaven praising the Son at both His baptism and transfiguration.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

edit on 18-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: Double Post

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

In the case of Christianity the name of God would be Amun. That is why every prayer in the bible is ended by Amen.

Lol, we say "amen" from the Hebrew "so let it be" which is technically pronounced AHH-mEEn. Spelled similar, completely different phonetics and definition.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, however no one is entitled to their own facts. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, however no one is entitled to their own facts. Sorry.

As I said, "in my opinion".
But really, what separate the "facts" of the bible from the facts of history.
We have allot of proof/facts about the Egyptian Empires.
edit on 18-6-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Why do you think the Christian God needs a name?
The function of a name is to distinguish between two individuals.
The Christian God is believed to be unique, as Creator God, so within Christianity he doesn't need any other name (though there's Biblical precedent for addressing him as "Lord" or "Father").
In discussions on this site, I tend to use the term "the Biblical God" when I want to distinguish him from the gods of other religions.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Not sure what you're asking specifically. In Hebrew "amen" means "so let it be". In every language one can find similar words to other languages, doesn't mean they mean the same thing, especially among Semitic languages.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

But really, what separates the "facts" of the bible from the facts of history.

Obviously, that one "pure language" that's needed as spoken of in the book of Zephaniah!!

edit on 18-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Not sure what you're asking specifically. In Hebrew "amen" means "so let it be". In every language one can find similar words to other languages, doesn't mean they mean the same thing, especially among Semitic languages.

My friend, the reason you are not sure what I was asking about, would obviously be that I was not asking about anything....
I guess I was rhetorical.

But this is a question though; how do you know for sure that Amen in the bible reffers to the hebrew meaning of the word, and not Amun the God?
It would be interesting to know that.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Hebrew Lexicographers?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Hebrew Lexicographers?

So would Egyptian Lexicographers come to the same conclusion?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i will go with Jehova.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think that the biggest confusion in this area of the Bible is people trying to apply the same laws on God as we do ourselves. It is difficult for us to grasp the idea that God and Jesus can be the same, but the Bible quotes Jesus as saying this very thing.

"I and the Father are one." (John 10:30)

"He who has seen Me has seen the Father." (John 14:9)

"He who beholds Me beholds the One who sent Me." (John 12:45)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
Why do you think the Christian God needs a name?
The function of a name is to distinguish between two individuals.
The Christian God is believed to be unique, as Creator God, so within Christianity he doesn't need any other name (though there's Biblical precedent for addressing him as "Lord" or "Father").
In discussions on this site, I tend to use the term "the Biblical God" when I want to distinguish him from the gods of other religions.

Who said the Christian God "needs" a name? He need no name when Moses asked:

Exodus 3:13-15

New International Version (NIV)

13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”

14 God said to Moses, “I am who I am.[a] This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers —the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob —has sent me to you.’

“This is my name forever,
the name you shall call me
from generation to generation.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Just out of curiosity, what made you decide to pick the name Jehova?

Care to share?
edit on 18-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

i was thinking logic. the god of the jews is jehova, the same god jesus refers to. so, the god of the christians is the god of jesus, jehova. the picture from wikipedia seems to proof my choice.

The word Jehovah displayed at the Protestant Church named St. Martinskirche, Olten, Switzerland, 1521.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Nsambi arriba, Nsambi abajo- Nsambi a los cuatro costados

God is above, God is below, God is at the four corners!

Sorry, I am not Christian, so I will leave it to each to find their own relationship with the divine.

Names tend to become Idols that drive people to kill each other over.

My name for deity I will keep in the box without key.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Everyone knows that Islam and Hebrew have the same god derived from Abraham.

In Islam the name is Allah, and it is a much more recent period religion.

The really old Hebrew name for the god of Abraham is Yahweh, which they were kept from saying but only once a year in the temple. Otherwise the name was YHWH, to keep from saying the super secret word for god.

Jehovah is a translation in later time for YahWeh.

Most consider that Abraham walked with the gods in the City of Ur, which was the home for a Ziggarat that started the whole tower games for being closer to god in the sky or heaven.

The god in heaven theme came from the Annunaki issues that the Book of Enoch gets into. Enoch was Noah's great grandfather and appears to have known the gods, as did Abraham. Enoch's Book is reinforced by many ancient Sumerian Tablets that tell more about what Enoch speaks to in his Book.

Most all of the issues of gods began with these Fertile Cresent issues associated with towers and Ziggarats, and the begining for the Bible just touches on it with the story for Eden in the same area. The story for the Elohim and Nephellium also touch on the story. But one can find the rest of the story in digging outside the Bible's hinting for what was going on.

The Jesus name for god gets a bit more complicated because he calls god as Abba, which translates to Daddy or Father. If one goes back to the times of the Fertile Crescent creator gods one finds one that doesn't like the humans and one that does. These were the Enlil and Enki terms for the gods and sons of Anu.

Jesus appears to speak to Enki god as his father creator god, and the term Yahwah appears to speak to Enlil as the Hewbrew god connected with floods and destruction.

One can dig around, but one finds these same god terms in other cultures going by different names but essentially the same entidy. The Trinity stems from Babylon with Nimrod (Noah's great grandson) who is opposed to the Yahwah/Enlil theme after the flood and makes himself into a god theme. Nimrod marries his Mother, Semiramis. Later, Nimrod is killed and Semiramis declairs Nimrod went to the Sun but impregnated her to make Tammus. Jesus and company don't like the Babylon versions of god via Trinity and speak to the corruptors for religion.

So, there are several different themes for god, but they all trace back to this Annunaki theme, the god of Abraham at the City of Ur, and essentially another trinity issue with Anu, Enki, and Enlil.

The world of Christian Religion is stuck with the Hebrew god being said to be Jesus also, and Jesus being cloned into the Babylon Trinity to make he appear a god also.

The whole thing is a sordid pagan mess of serveral gods and all trumped up fake god issues. The only real god theme remains mother nature, the unknown force of the universe, to which no one can make an idol for or discribe in human terms.

edit on 18-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: imho

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

If you're using Wikipedia as your source, than you also know that Jehovah is the "romanization" version.

Jehovah ( /dʒɨˈhoʊvə/) is the romanization of Hebrew יְהֹוָה, a vocalization of the Tetragrammaton יהוה (YHWH, also transcribed Yahweh), the proper name of the god of Israel in the Hebrew Bible.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

ok, i will stick with Yahweh.

how is this spoken ? is there a mp3 how it is pronounced in hebrew ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join