It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did i just dimensions? (again)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I already believe i have jumped dimensions in the past.

Anyway, i think it might have happened again!!!

I saw something in the news earlier today about Rodney Kings death. I skipped the news story because i thought "That's old news, i read a few months back that he had died."

But while reading the news later tonight i saw another story about his death, and so i read it. It says he died today (sunday) !!??!!??

I clearly remember a story of him being dead due to some drug overdose at least 2 months ago. It talked about his failed attempts at making money ect, and more or less how his life had fallen apart (or remained fallen apart depending on how you look at it.)

Does anyone else remember having heard of him already being dead???

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
No.You're delusional.He died yesterday.

Something tells me you're just trolling for stars and flags.

Then discuss and don't flag or star. Why would i care about those things?

I can't eat them, i can't buy anything useful with them. They won't comfort me or keep me warm when its cold. They won't help me on a resume, they don't add value to a stock portfolio.

Thanks for the troll attempt though!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I have to google someone's death at least once every other day because my husband or I swear so and so is dead or so and so is not dead. I don't think we switch dimensions though.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

Dig up a link that says he died two months ago of a drug overdose.

Oh wait,you can't.Because he didn't.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

No.You're delusional.He died yesterday.

Something tells me you're just trolling for stars and flags.

And something telling me that you're reply was pointless and rude.

anyway,

OP, sometimes these things happen, most of the time they have simple conclusions. Like you being mistaken, or confused about what you had read before.

Then again, there is the real deal!

I'd say you probably are mis-remembering something. It's hard to tell without any actual proof.

sorry!

Interesting nonetheless !

Also, maybe you got that memory from a dream? Maybe you did learn about his death much earlier, but not in a newspaper, or on TV, but in your own dream?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz

Nothing rude about my reply.It's the truth.

Seen it a 1000 times here.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

It's not so much that i thought he was dead, i recall reading about it, and under difference circumstances than what they say happened Sunday.

What's interesting to me, is there wouldn’t be proof one way or the other.

If i actually did read an article in the past, or if i'm suffering some "delusion" as the other guy suggested, there’s no proof of either. So it really just comes down to which feels more realistic or just fits with your way of thinking.

If i were someone else, i'd be far easier to assume delusions. Since i'm me, and i know i'm not lying or making things up, i know i'm not in some crazy mental state, i;m left only to wonder what the heck is going on around me.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

reply to post by dannotz

Nothing rude about my reply. It's the truth.

You have Proof that it's the truth?

Oh thats right, you can't provide any. You have zero basis to declare what is and is not true on an internet forum and even more so on "The Grey Area".

Looking for truth on the Grey Area will probably be fruitless. Not to mention you can't find truth if you approach things with an attitude.

But regardless, i'm glad you took the time to read my post and the time to post replies, though i disagree with how you choose to use em
It's all fair game on ATS i suppose.

edit on 18-6-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

25th April of this year was the 20th Anniversary of the LA riots.

This fits your time frame of "a couple of months" ago.

Several news articles about it too...

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

So no, you haven't switched dimensions, you've just remembered seeing something about Rodney King a couple of months ago and have linked it to the current news about his death.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Possible. I'll give you that.

But i don't believe it myself.

Assume for a moment that one could be moved into other dimensions. Zero proof of the move would go with you, except what you recall. So if i did read an article about his death months ago, but came here, to this dimensions, there wouldn't be any articles from that time period talking about it.

I'm not saying he died here a few months ago, nor am i saying he was already dead, or that there is some coverup of his death ect.

There are many threads about dimension shifts, and its far too easy to declare them all "mis-rememberings". I don't blame you for thinking it, the evidence you have access to supports that notion.

However, the evidence that i have to work with, my memories, which i cannot share unfortunatly, lead me to question what i'm reading now.

Besides, remembering things incorrectly never leaves a funny feeling in my head. I shrug them off. Something about this situation stuck out. It doesn't feel like i'm simply misremembering.

To me, where i'm standing it's weird.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpsreporter

reply to post by dannotz

Nothing rude about my reply. It's the truth.

You have Proof that it's the truth?

Oh thats right, you can't provide any. You have zero basis to declare what is and is not true on an internet forum and even more so on "The Grey Area".

Looking for truth on the Grey Area will probably be fruitless. Not to mention you can't find truth if you approach things with an attitude.

But regardless, i'm glad you took the time to read my post and the time to post replies, though i disagree with how you choose to use em
It's all fair game on ATS i suppose.

edit on 18-6-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

Mmhm.Posting in this forum is the easy way out.I could make stupid claims without providing proof as well.

I don't have to prove anything.I didn't post this thread and claim Rodney King died two months ago.YOU did.so please,show some proof.Gimmie a link? Just one.That's all I'm asking for,ya know,to back up YOUR claim.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Mmhm.Posting in this forum is the easy way out.I could make stupid claims without providing proof as well.

I don't have to prove anything.I didn't post this thread and claim Rodney King died two months ago.YOU did.so please,show some proof.Gimmie a link? Just one.That's all I'm asking for,ya know,to back up YOUR claim.

If what i think happened, happened, there wouldn't be any proof to show you.

To clarify, i did not claim he had died, i said “I remember” having read that he had died.

How could I show you what I read if I am not in the dimensions I read it in? (if that’s what happened)

IF I could show you an article about him being dead, from a few months ago, then we would have an entirely different situation on our hands, something more like media manipulation or some cover up ect. An article would only support those things, not a dimension shift.

I posted to the grey area specifically because I can provide zero proof to people who demand it. If I had proof, I’d post it elsewhere. It’s not about being an easy way out, it’s about the very last sentence in my OP.
I wanted to know if anyone else remembered it.

That’s what most of the threads on this subject go for, not proof, but to see if the experience is shared.

You don’t share in this memory (or delusion as you see it) and so that’s really all you need to say. You know I can’t give you proof. But asking me for it, simply so I have to say I can’t provide it, well, that doesn’t really do anything to the discussion. It doesn’t even support your belief that I’m delusional or trolling for flags/stars, because in OP the situation presented has zero chance of having proof, and I think you know that : /

I’m sorry I can’t prove what I recall to you. If we were talking in person, perhaps you could get to know me and my character, and I could show you that I’m not the kind of person to say things just to say them. But I can’t even prove that to you either.

It’s the cost of sharing such concepts and beliefs about the nature of the universe. Sometimes you have only your words, and very few are willing to listen, even less willing to believe. I don’t blame you. I’d probably think I was full of it if I were you. Being me, I just have to go with what I know.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

That's the response I was expecting. You probably just read/heard about someone else dying and though it was him.I'm not trying to be rude but come on dude.these kinds of posts are a dime a dozen.

ps..elvis is still alive.he came over and had a few drinks with me tonight

edit on 18-6-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpsreporter

It's not so much that i thought he was dead, i recall reading about it, and under difference circumstances than what they say happened Sunday.

What's interesting to me, is there wouldn’t be proof one way or the other.

If i actually did read an article in the past, or if i'm suffering some "delusion" as the other guy suggested, there’s no proof of either. So it really just comes down to which feels more realistic or just fits with your way of thinking.

If i were someone else, i'd be far easier to assume delusions. Since i'm me, and i know i'm not lying or making things up, i know i'm not in some crazy mental state, i;m left only to wonder what the heck is going on around me.

II know what you mean because I have experienced it many times. You would be willing to bet money on it. I don't know what causes it, and I guess there could be dimensional shifts. I have learned not to count anything out 100% just because someone deems it impossible. I have looked for items in my house for days, only to walk right past the kitchen table and there it was. I had looked there a million times and I could swear that it was not there.

I am never sure if it isn't my mind playing tricks on me, or I just overlooked it a million times. Either way, it leaves one with a weird feeling when you "know" something and then you don't...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

"I am never sure if it isn't my mind playing tricks on me"

ding ding dingggg...we have a winner.

That's exactly what it is and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

That's the response I was expecting. You probably just read/heard about someone else dying and though it was him.I'm not trying to be rude but come one dude.these kinds of posts are a dime a dozen.

ps..elvis is still alive.he came over and had a few drinks with me tonight

Why do you think they are a dime a dozen?

You just think there are that many people mis-remembering?
You think there are that many people who are delusional?

If you were expecting that response, then you knew there isn't proof. Then why ask for it?

It seems to me you know based on the criteria i was presenting, it was a situation that could not provide proof one way or the other. In asking for proof knowing it couldn’t be provided, you used my answer "there is no proof" to support your claim that i'm full of bs. It's a clever tactic, but it's still not putting the truth in your court. The entire foundation of this discussion is based on non provable things. Hence the Grey Area.

Example: It's like asking someone to prove to you God exists. You know they can't, and just because they can't, doesn't mean God is or isn't there. It's a logical fallacy to use that tactic in a debate when the very subject matter is non provable.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

That is precisely what I chalk it up to. It is the only logical explanation. But I can't discount an illogical explanation considering that I am not aware of everything that is possible in the universe.

I have kids...I have to chalk it up to logical so they won't think mom is nutters.

If it was dimensional shifting I am just a little disappointed that everything was exactly the same except for my missing windex...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I would support your notion; if i could see some evidence that shows what mechanics of the brain cause this. Are there studies that show how someone can walk right past something they are looking for, look for it in the place it is, and never actually find it?

If so, that would be fascinating to read up on.

Until i see it though, i'll wonder what’s actually happening.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join