It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers sacked days before pension date.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
So after serving Queen and country British soldiers have been sacked just days before they qualified for their full pensions. We really do treat our armed services in a disgraceful manner in this country. Put them in harms way to fight wars and on their return sack them without pensions.

One 40-year-old sergeant serving in the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers was only three days away from serving 22 years and qualifying for an immediate pension pot worth £108,000. He will now have to wait until he is 65 to receive the pension.
Parents of officers have also contacted The Daily Telegraph saying that their sons have been sacked just short of serving 16 years, at which point they would get an immediate annual stipend of around £12,000. They too will have to wait until they are 65.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
That is just horrible!

I have collegues with similar circumstances, yet not as harsh as your example but also 30years of service or a few years away from retirement who's seat is cancelled due to reorganisations (incl. my own).

For me not such a problem, but those people have their age against them to find new jobs outside the service.. unacceptable..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Serving Queen and Country? I think not!

Serving the politicians and global banking and corporate world is more like it. The Queen and the politicians do not give a crap about the military, as long as they all look polished and fancy for a parade on her birthday, or a political photo op. I thought people would have realized this by now, but sadly they all still line the streets to wave their little "made in China" flags to show how patriotic they are and think by doing so they are "supporting" the troops.
They could show a lot more support if they took to the streets demanding they all come home from the wars of aggression, that do NOT serve this country or it's people, and demand ongoing support and fair treatment for those wounded or facing redundancy.

However, this treatment is what the rest of us are subjected to anyway.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

This fits almost perfectly to this post

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by InternetGremlin

That's probably the most accurate "recruitment" vid I've ever seen. Darn shame you'll never see the army use anything like it.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yes indeed

A very good friend of mine has just been medically discharged weeks before his retirement so will not receive his gratuity..

He is justifiably pissed! After 22 years of service...

What a way to crap on those who have served long and very very hard for those political puppet wankers..

Then.. They want to take up the slack with foreign mercenaries (PMO's)...

Viva la revolution

The British Army is with you....

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You have summed it up well there Woodward, simply disgraceful behaviour by more MoD penpushers. Wish we could get rid of some of them instead, rather than serving soldiers.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Pathetic video and you morons that have freedom of speech have it because a veteran died to make sure you have the right to dissent . Not a one of you including the video maker would have the fortitude to say this to a soldier or marines face.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

Pathetic video and you morons that have freedom of speech have it because a veteran died to make sure you have the right to dissent . Not a one of you including the video maker would have the fortitude to say this to a soldier or marines face.

It's not dissent, it's the truth.
I can assure you, I have made my objections clear to serving military members and guess what, they agreed that the wars they are fighting are BS, but that they don't have a choice.

It takes a lot more fortitude to say NO, than to blindly go along with killing, brainwashed into thinking you are letting down your brothers or sisters in arms, as well as your country.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Tough choices to make you know -
Do we honor our servicemen who have placed their lives in danger to serve the country?
- or -
Blow that same money on a Jubilee for the Queen?
- or -
Making sure that swarms of immigrants have cushy flats and nice allowances?

The article further states that 38 of 50 1999 Sandhurst intakes were let go.
Care to bet the other 12 had family connections?
Britain is as bad as the US.
Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Feelin' butthurt? Always nice to see the military parasites get shafted...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Its all the samedam thing people, there is NO justice for the little guys.....dont you thinks its time we made our own?.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well KARMA is a bi*** isn't it? Oh sorry am I supposed to cry for the torturers and murderers coming home from their latest raping and pillaging escapade? Boo Hoo! They are damn lucky if you ask me! I'm sure they left people in much worse situations!

I may seem harsh but ignorance is no defense! They are not pawns! They know what they are doing and they can say no at any time! Even if that means they go to prison at least they would be able to have some moral high ground!

I have no sympathy for them, they get what they deserve! Should of never signed up!
edit on 18-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Its all the samedam thing people, there is NO justice for the little guys.....dont you thinks its time we made our own?.

The time is not right. A great many people are still doing ok. Many of the others are just hoping by being quiet they will be in favor after everything that is going on blows over. Look at Greece, they are F'd and still they haven't drug the people responsible from office and had them swing from gallows ropes. You see, most people don't mean another person harm and they, although angered, mostly they wouldn't hurt a fly. Not so for the politicians, government overlords, and wealthy masters of their respective domains. They have no conscience and have no issues hurting one person or a hundred people, or thousands. Your lives mean nothing to such powerful and entitled beasts.

But if everything keeps going they way it is. Then one day the frustration will boil over, contempt will come to the surface. Then people will openly play out their passions. Should be fun...

edit on 18-6-2012 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The queen must need more money to heat her palace again.

Queen tried to use state poverty fund to heat Buckingham Palace

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 18-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

The funny thing is, there's a great quote from a German General during WWI that hits the nail on the head with this issue. He made it about Canadian, British and Australian men under the command of British Generals.

"Never before have I seen such lions led by such lambs."

He was referring to the ferocity and esprit-de-corps of the enlisted men and the general incompetence and cowardice of the officers.
edit on 19/6/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Not one war in our US history has been fought in defense or for a just cause.. Unless you count the Native Indians fighting back. Every damn war has had ulterior monetary reasons. I have no problem with fighting in defense but, 'many' soldiers are clueless they fight for some fat jawed banker or corrupt politician lining their pockets.

From the civil war, ww1, ww2, Iraq.. on and on.. 'Soldiers are dumb animals to be used" -Kissenger

The sooner YOU and all like you wake up. The better off we'll be. When people like you 'see the light' and refuse to fight (except in defense) is when the slime pulling your strings will no longer have any power.

*Amazing people still exist with online access and are still so blind to truth*

new topics

top topics

join