It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

was Satan a dragon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i'm athiest, but for whatever reason this thought came...

or to delve even deeper into this weird conspiracy theory, was it an advanced intelligence, alien dragon?
since I hear about reptilians all the time why not throw that element into the mix.

I went there.

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

I don't hold any value in this theory I just want to see what ATS does with the words Satan, alien and dragon.

if the thing found earth around the time people were making these crazy creation theories and had some psychic leanings like a bunch of those writings claim, it could have realized it could rule the earth but maybe some badass named Jesus thrawted the plan but died in the process and thats why so many people still pray to him and thank him for dying for us.

okay i'm done.
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Thatssss an entertaining thought.... Anythings possible

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
was Satan a Dragon ......shhhhhhhheeeeeiiiiiiit , does a bear S!@# in the woods ?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Do you mean a literal dragon? Breathing fire, St. George and all the rest? I don't suppose the first humans would have survived that meeting.

Aliens? Beings from another place? That's kind of what angels are, aren't they? And if it was an actual, physical, alien, I can't imagine why it would bother going about tempting people.

But you're right, interesting idea. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
That's a good question, actually. I have wondered before if Satan was a reptilian, and thus represented as a dragon. There could also be dragon bloodlines, in other words, elite families who have carried reptilian blood in them through the ages.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Why would a dragon tempt you into indulgence?

That is the way it is portrayed in, I guess, in some archaic cultures; but not as far as I know in the bible.

A dragon? Many atheistic elements may have been based on such myth, but I doubt satan was a dragon.

That satan is represented in animal form, is a bastardisation of the true intent. For some satan is just the opposite of christ/god. Not inherently evil, but self serving and unapologetic in the acknowledgement that human nature is what it is. Pleasure seeking.

Why deny ourselves indulgent pleasure? It matters not to our morality, as long as we follow the tenet that we do as we wish as long it harms no other.

Satan is a big fat bag of amphetamine... but then, we don't live in times where dragons are under the bed, but nefarious bath salts make people eat the faces on innocents.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

you're under the belief that Satan is some sort of evil incarnate that...?
or more of an idea that can be ascribed to pretty much anything dark?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
More lightly some kind of reptilian interdimensional semi-omnipotent entity, i suppose Dragon covers our descriptive terminology of the time period of recorded history.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

you wahh?

Uhh no. Satan is nothing more than the anti for 99% of god fearing humans.

in my opinion, it's a way of life. Trolled by god fearing folk since time long past. The false fear mongering to ensure mankind or at least those who follow, will be scared to submit to religion.

Satan is at the human heart, our very desire. We deny it because we fear sin. Sin being, a life devoid of god.

Or, a life full of human desire... a life full of immoral decadence. Such as things that make us feel good. Or in true words, god seeks to shame us for our humanity. Satan is their use to enact shame... when in reality, indulgence is natural to us. I can say it's not healthy, but I will not preach. And certainly not use god to make my wishes so.

at the end of it all, the devil made us do it, means nothing more than we act on our desire. Only a religion would tell us this is wrong, while they seek power.

satan.. do not turn the other cheek, but slap harder those who slap yours.

without satan, there would be no church.. or god.. it's nothing more than a fairy tale told to people to keep them sleight to their god.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
When the Roman Catholic Church went into Europe Dragons were thought of as wise entities that would teach and advise. The Church wanted only Church men to teach and advise and so like many other facets of life they demonized Dragons turning them into eaters of virgin girls and beasts that breathed fire and all that nonsense.

This never happened in Asia, the Church never got a controlling foothold which is why Asians treat dragons as symbols of wise, caring creatures that bring the very best of good luck. They are celebrated with Dragon Festivals and such like.

Given a choice, I would follow the Asian way of thinking. Every facet of life touched by the Church becomes distorted and broken. Priests that prey on our children, others that cover up these sins.

I would love to meet a Dragon!

P

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
When the Roman Catholic Church went into Europe, Dragons were thought of as wise entities that would teach and advise.

Book of Encoh Chapters VI-XI. The Fall of the Angels: the Demoralisation of Mankind: the Intercession of the Angels on behalf of Mankind. The Dooms pronounced by God on the Angels: the Messianic Kingdom (a Noah fragment).

CHAPTER VI.

1. And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters.
2. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.'
3. And Semjâzâ, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.'
4. And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.'
5. Then sware they all together and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.
6. And they were in all two hundred; who descended ⌈in the days⌉ of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it.
7. And these are the names of their leaders: Sêmîazâz, their leader, Arâkîba, Râmêêl, Kôkabîêl, Tâmîêl, Râmîêl, Dânêl, Êzêqêêl, Barâqîjâl, Asâêl, Armârôs, Batârêl, Anânêl, Zaqîêl, Samsâpêêl, Satarêl, Tûrêl, Jômjâêl, Sariêl.
8. These are their chiefs of tens.

CHAPTER VII.

1. And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants.
2. And they became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells:
3. Who consumed all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them,
4. the giants turned against them and devoured mankind.
5. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood.
6. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

CHAPTER VIII.

1. And Azâzêl taught men to make swords, and knives, and shields, and breastplates, and made known to them the metals 〈of the earth〉 and the art of working them, and bracelets, and ornaments, and the use of antimony, and the beautifying of the eyelids, and all kinds of costly stones, and all colouring tinctures.
2. And there arose much godlessness, and they committed fornication, and they were led astray, and became corrupt in all their ways.

Semjâzâ taught enchantments, and root-cuttings,
Armârôs the resolving of enchantments,
Barâqîjâl, (taught) astrology,
Kôkabêl the constellations,
Ezêqêêl the knowledge of the clouds,
Araqiêl the signs of the earth,
Shamsiêl the signs of the sun, and
Sariêl the course of the moon.
And as men perished, they cried, and their cry went up to heaven . . .

Based on the subject, I thought if you are all speaking about one specific Dragon, we may as well identify some more, as well as clearly understand what teachings they brought/gave us, and the effects these collaborative meetings had on mankind.

And I love this "....not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.". What plan? Seperate man from GOD?

The above noted, thru the Book of Enoch, are in accord with and act out as Semjâzâ, their leader intended. They are akin, in nature, so it would also be fair to associate some of the Dragon aspects to them and I quote You " Dragons were thought of as wise entities that would teach and advise".

They (Above) certainly would be to those (mankind) they taught, wouldn't they?

Some would be superior in Agriculture, since the knew of the Seasons.
Some would be superior in Warfare, since they are armed with State of the Art tools to do so.
Some would sit back and be stoned, since they now knew of the Pharmaceutical Effects of Plants.
Some would watch the stars and seeks the hidden knowledge written there.

OF course, some daughters are "taken", ill-conceived conceptions happen, but it's all good, isn't it. Even the offspring are beacons of pleasurable times.

This never happened in Asia, .

Shows how long ago they came here.

I would love to meet a Dragon!

Matthew 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Seems you may get that chance.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
i'm athiest, but for whatever reason this thought came...

or to delve even deeper into this weird conspiracy theory, was it an advanced intelligence, alien dragon?
since I hear about reptilians all the time why not throw that element into the mix.

I went there.

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

I don't hold any value in this theory I just want to see what ATS does with the words Satan, alien and dragon.

if the thing found earth around the time people were making these crazy creation theories and had some psychic leanings like a bunch of those writings claim, it could have realized it could rule the earth but maybe some badass named Jesus thrawted the plan but died in the process and thats why so many people still pray to him and thank him for dying for us.

okay i'm done.
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

Leviathan was his name.
he was the lords plaything.
in Judaic culture he was the favorite.
it had to do with wrestling.
he was snapped by GOD.
He was LEVIATHAN.
he was snapped.
Behemoth is live.
that is USA ,DRAGON FAMILY , AND KECK.
they have my brain.
BEHEMOTH IS THREE.
GOD is one.
i am of the flesh.
christcopter is in russia .it is made of christs body in the flesh.
something huge is going to happen.
i am in charge as king EHYEH ASHER EHYEH.
I am in charge as king i will be.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I too have been researching into this, and to my thoughts, the Dragon was Yahweh, and there is some confusion here even for myself. Here is what I found, first read my thread:
Were Humans Created by Reptilians?
Then, we have this knowledge to ponder.....

Yahweh vs Leviathan
The Leviathan, a sea monster of some kind, and Yahweh, seem to have very similar descriptions, even within the pages of the Bible itself.

Is the Biblical Yahweh actually a dragon?
Some references to Bible texts here, and the logic itself is very convincing to the knowledgeable reader.

YHWH (Yahweh) and Satan, (the Adversary)
And this plays to the very point you made. Is the Biblical Yahweh really the Biblical Satan?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Satan is a seraph to be exact.

en.wikipedia.org...
Literally "burning ones", the word seraph is normally a synonym for serpents when used in the Hebrew Bible.

Seraphim, who have 6 wings. They can either be seen in dragon or human form.

Look at all mythology especially Chinese where many dragons have different colours, from red, gold, silver and black. They were all fallen angels.

Note the word 'serpent' and how that links to Lucifer in the Garden of Eden.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Yep, you are right about the Seraphim, but, the word stems from another word, "Seraph."

Seraph

A seraph (pl. seraphim (play /ˈsɛr.ə.fɪm/); Hebrew: שְׂרָפִים śərāfîm, singular שָׂרָף śārāf; Latin: seraphi[m], singular seraph[us]; Greek: σεραφείμ) is a type of celestial or heavenly being in the Abrahamic religions.

Literally "burning ones", the word seraph is normally a synonym for serpents when used in the Hebrew Bible. A seminal passage in the Book of Isaiah (6.1-8) used the term to describe fiery six-winged beings that fly around God's throne singing "holy, holy, holy". This throne scene, with its triple invocation of holiness (a formula that came to be known as the trisagion), profoundly influenced subsequent theology, literature and art. Its influence is frequently seen in works depicting angels, heaven and apotheosis. Seraphs are mentioned as celestial beings in an influential Hellenistic work, the Book of Enoch, and the Book of Revelation. Tradition places seraphs in the fifth rank of ten in the Jewish angelic hierarchy and the highest rank in the Christian angelic hierarchy.

Wiki source
With all of these associations with God and Heaven, one can easily see why I, and those like me do not bow before, or believe in, or follow the Christian God in any form whatsoever. We simply cannot tell where their God ends, and their Satan begins, but they certainly seem to be one and the same being. Especially the way they keep pushing Satan and Demons onto us all of the time, even to the point of labelling everything they don't like as "demons," and calling those of other religions "Satanist."

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Rapha

Yep, you are right about the Seraphim, but, the word stems from another word, "Seraph."

Seraph

A seraph (pl. seraphim (play /ˈsɛr.ə.fɪm/); Hebrew: שְׂרָפִים śərāfîm, singular שָׂרָף śārāf; Latin: seraphi[m], singular seraph[us]; Greek: σεραφείμ) is a type of celestial or heavenly being in the Abrahamic religions.

Literally "burning ones", the word seraph is normally a synonym for serpents when used in the Hebrew Bible.

Well the Use Biblically in the Original Text is expressed with the following implications.

8314 saraph saw-rawf' from 8313; burning, i.e. (figuratively) poisonous (serpent); specifically, a saraph or symbolical creature (from their copper color):--fiery (serpent), seraph.

This is frankly what has been offered, but a specific look at the term and it's intended implications, assists in demonstrating the suggested meaning.

We can also look to 8313, the Primitive root for the term above.

8313 saraph saw-raf' a primitive root; to be (causatively, set) on fire:--(cause to, make a) burn((-ing), up) kindle, X utterly.

Strong's 8314 & 8313

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
No, the dragon was not Satan. The dragon was some sort of creature left over possibly from the dinosaurs. They weren't extinct because many cultures around the world spoke of these creatures. Many cultures hunted the dragon, some folklore says that eating the heart of the dragon made you immortal. It appears that the dragon had a gem like growth on it's forehead that was prized by some for it's ability to give the bearer some sort of visions or remote viewing or something like that. It's extinct now anyway, probably hunted into extinction. Where are the bones? They were probably in the stewing pot of the Chinese and I'm sure other cultures prized the meat for special powers.
There is no way to know. We put the Elephant Bird into extinction in the sixteen hundreds I think and we almost put the Sturgeon into extinction in many parts of the world for the caviar. What a waste. I wonder how many species of whales and seals we killed off. Much of the overfishing of the whales was done to get a little oil out of some gland, a delicacy of Some kind of Mystica oil. The same, or similar, oil is found in coconut oil. I think if our early people would have known that we would have spared a lot of whales because the demand would have been less.

I don't know what the people of those times blamed their misdeeds on. Humans always look for someone or something to blame when they do something wrong. I fend up to my mistakes and am not afraid to say I am wrong when I am wrong. I dislike saying I'm wrong when I am not though just because some one with more credentials says I am. I wish there was a few dragons left somewhere, but I doubt it. There could be some on some uncharted Island somewhere. I'm sure if there was someone would go and hunt them if they knew, collecting a trophy and a heart.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Does the pope s**t in the woods?

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
umm ..yes I guess he is,it says the 'serpent' was more cunning than any 'beast' of the field that the Lord God had made, and after the fall of Adam and Eve, cursed are you above all the 'beasts' sooo he's a beast . other passages call him a great dragon,so he's a beast specifically a dragon,what ever that means ,I guess if you could see him in his true form he would be a dragon.He lives in the heavenly realms so he doesn't come from Earth and he is super duper smart and powerful.Lots of 'Angels' have animal attributes,wings faces of eagles and oxen ,hooves. and others are like men in appearance. There many species of heavenly creatures. All those things on the walls in Egypt Babylon and so on, shouldn't be a surprise that everything doesn't look like a human,after all there are millions of species right here on Earth and only one is human.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If going by what the various scriptures actually says, it is very ulikely that the being that were to become the archetype of what most people today think of as "The Devil", would have been a Reptile-like creature, as the Apocryphal texts describes the Angels/the "Sons of God" as being Humanoid, but with the exception that they had very light complexion and had blonde, almost whitish hair and bright eyes.

So if anything,"Satan" were what is nowadays within the UFO-field referred to as a "Nordic".

top topics

join