It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood claims victory in Egyptian presidential elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood claimed a victory for its candidate Mohammed Morsi on Monday in the country's first presidential vote since its uprising, but his rival Ahmed Shafiq disputed the announcement.

Full article

With the Muslim Brotherhood more than likely about to be in power in Egypt, it's going to be interesting to keep an eye on what happens in that area now. This also, in my opinion, increases the chances of Egypt being the possible target of our next American crusade, which I believe will be coming between 2014 and 2016. As I've said a couple other times on this forum, the other possible targets are Syria, Libya, and Iran.

I also think whatever false flag operation is used to target one of those countries will also be used to keep troops in Afghanistan. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

In my opinion, a Muslim government in Egypt is not ideal at this point in time. Conflict has not ceased yet between Christians and Muslims (not that it ever will in the foreseeable future) and this will only cause the conflict to increase and disputes and fights will be rampant.

I think that at this point in time, a neutral government should be put in place and work on an agreement between both parties to find common ground and hopefully alleviate some tension for the good of the Egyptian people. Its about time some common sense was shown by people and that the value of human lives outweighs the want to have power via religion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Khoury

I don't think a Muslim government, or any religious government, should be in place at any time. Religion is a tool for control, and a religious governmet would be the ultimate form of controlling people. Look at Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Muslim Brotherhood claims victory in Egyptian presidential elections

* Okay everyone ... say 'thank you' to Mr. Obama for his helping the radical and dangerous Muslim Brotherhood secure their place at the top of the pile in Egypt.

"thanks Mr. Obama"

(* taken from Married With Children .. when Peggy tells the kids to 'Thank your father for _____ (fill in screw up of choice) and the kids say "thanks dad".

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I know it's popular (still) to blame the Puppet of the United States Barack Obama for literally everything, but he is not responsible for this in the least bit. Even if the West was responsible for the ousting of Mubarak, all of these things go deeper than the figureheads of state. Partisan politics achieves nothing but division. Right-wing, left-wing. It's two wings of the same vulture.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

Yes, you are right, but that is such a religiously dominated country that a non-religious government wouldn't last long until it is overrun by the Muslims or Christians.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I don't get what people are going on about the Muslim Brotherhood for. The military has basically taken over all power, and left the position of President as a glorified figurehead.

But I suppose democracy is only relevant to outsiders when the voters pick the team you want.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I agree with babloyi on this one. You people only follow partial news. The other half of the news is that the military has taken whatever power the President would have had and left it with a pretty empty spot in its stead.

Look up: world.time.com...

Also, since you won't bother reading up on the history of the country first, I shall enlighten you with a fact: the Muslim Brotherhood is not as religious as you think it is. They are pretty much middle of the right compared to the Salafi's right about now. Look up Salafism if you don't know what that means.

But again, it doesn't matter WHO wins the presidency at this point in time. The 'junta' has put its foot down and taken much of the power that would be in Presidency.
edit on 20-6-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
I agree with babloyi on this one. You people only follow partial news. The other half of the news is that the military has taken whatever power the President would have had and left it with a pretty empty spot in its stead.

Look up: world.time.com...

Also, since you won't bother reading up on the history of the country first, I shall enlighten you with a fact: the Muslim Brotherhood is not as religious as you think it is. They are pretty much middle of the right compared to the Salafi's right about now. Look up Salafism if you don't know what that means.

But again, it doesn't matter WHO wins the presidency at this point in time. The 'junta' has put its foot down and taken much of the power that would be in Presidency.
edit on 20-6-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

Nonsense. The Muslim brotherhood is in no means a "down the middle" as you may believe. yea Salafis are extreme, but the MB are pretty unbearable themselves. Their presidential candidates statements in Sharia Law say it all really.
Besides for all the popularity of the MB why on earth are they barely limping to victory. By their own admission they have barely pulled in 52% of the vote. Now that my friend is down the middle. Hardly a clear majority, if indeed they have polled in that percentage.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
the Islamists captured 70% of Parliament. The military junta will have a very difficult time of ruling the country.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Khoury

I think that at this point in time, a neutral government should be put in place and work on an agreement between both parties to find common ground and hopefully alleviate some tension for the good of the Egyptian people. Its about time some common sense was shown by people and that the value of human lives outweighs the want to have power via religion.

In the dominant muslim M.E.? What're you smoking because i want some of that. They're already burning churches and murdering christians in Egypt, did you not hear about whats going on in Alexandria? Peace in the M.E. is a pipedream, at least for the currently forseeable future.

new topics

top topics

join