It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Freemasons around?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

This is true, in part because a large number of men flocked to the Fraternity after WWII, and when the baby boomers came of age they saw Freemasonry as establishment. Had they joined they would have been pleasantly surprised in my opinion.

Anyway, the demographics of our Fraternity are such that we have many men over 65 and many men under 45, but not many from 45-65.
edit on 18-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha

This is true, in part because a large number of men flocked to the Fraternity after WWII, and when the baby boomers came of age they saw Freemasonry as establishment. Had they joined they would have been pleasantly surprised in my opinion.

Anyway, they demographics of our Fraternity are such that we have many men over 65 and many men under 45, but not many from 45-65.

Awesome. So you figure it'll be fine to just try and catch em when they're open, and if so, just knock on the door? They won't mind that?
edit on 18-6-2012 by ELectricalApprentice because: error

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

No, I know there are many initiatory orders extant, and I have initiated in several. I asked specifically which one, I don't have enough information to be suspicious, which is why I asked.

I am initiated of the spirit body, often portrayed as a green man (osiris) and plant bodies (sun worship aspect) by initiate artists or the plant growing from the coffin of masonic ritual.

This is not plainly spoken, why are you so evasive?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELectricalApprentice

Anyway, they demographics of our Fraternity are such that we have many men over 65 and many men under 45, but not many from 45-65.

Awesome. So you figure it'll be fine to just try and catch em when they're open, and if so, just knock on the door? They won't mind that?
edit on 18-6-2012 by ELectricalApprentice because: error

Most likely.

Seek and you shall find, or so I have heard.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ELectricalApprentice

Yes, just show up about a half hour before they meet. They will take time to talk with you. If no one is there yet, wait! Someone will be there soon.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Yes, just show up about a half hour before they meet. They will take time to talk with you. If no one is there yet, wait! Someone will be there soon.

I live in Canada - do you think the customs will be the same?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Yes.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Yes.

I guess i'll have to try and get myself a sponsor. How does the Lodge feel about unions?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Yes.

that's an awesome signature by the way. emp

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I know Brothers who are members of trade unions. Freemasonry has no opinion but some brothers might have opinions, they are their own opinion and not the Fraternity's opinion.
edit on 18-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I know Brothers who are members of trade unions. Freemasonry has no opinion but some brothers might have opinions they are there own opinion and not the Fraternity's opinion.

How about this supreme being thing. Is the Great Architect an umbrella term meant to represent whatever caused the creation of the conscious experience we are all sharing?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Yes.
Now if you'll excuse me, it way past my bed time. Feel free to ask any questions you have there are a lot of knowledgable Brethren here who can answer any questions you have.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
To the OP, contact the Grand Lodge and they can set you up with a point of contact.

reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

Bwahahaha

The Lodge holds no political opinion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

In the trees eh? Entered the wood and discovered all that nonsense eh?

Laugh all you like if it makes you feel better.

Note OP how they do not deny the meaning I let you in on.

If not out right denial then mocking is the next course of action.

Enjoy your time in the lodge, no super intelligent shade of the color blue will do you much good in long run.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I am a Mason, and here is the complete list of requirements to join:

In order to become a Mason, a candidate must:
- Be male
- Have a belief in a Supreme Being (The test is a 'yes' or 'no' answer to the question "Do you believe in a Supreme being?")
- Be over 21 years of age (Actual age may vary in some constitutions)
- Be naturally charitable
- Not be wanting to join for personal gain financially or career-wise.
- Join of one's own free will and accord, unbiased by the solicitation of friends or masons against one's own inclination (which means that nobody can ever be invited - you have to ask to join)
- Have a favorable opinion of the institution
- Have a general desire for knowledge
- Have no criminal record or current criminal charges against him
- Be proposed and seconded by two Brothers. (Even if you don't know any now, you will have to meet two by going to the Lodge and having a chat with the Brethren, so that they can get to know you. This is how one normally joins if you don't know any Masons personally.)

If any one of the above are missing, the person cannot become a Mason.

edit on 18/6/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

- Be male
- Have a belief in a Supreme Being (The test is a 'yes' or 'no' answer to the question "Do you believe in a Supreme being?")
- Be over 21 years of age (Actual age may vary in some constitutions)
- Be naturally charitable
- Not be wanting to join for personal gain financially or career-wise.
- Join of one's own free will and accord, unbiased by the solicitation of friends or masons against one's own inclination (which means that nobody can ever be invited - you have to ask to join)
- Have a favorable opinion of the institution
- Have a general desire for knowledge
- Have no criminal record or current criminal charges against him
- Be proposed and seconded by two Brothers. (Even if you don't know any now, you will have to meet two by going to the Lodge and having a chat with the Brethren, so that they can get to know you. This is how one normally joins if you don't know any Masons personally.)

If any one of the above are missing, the person cannot become a Mason.

Ah!~ Thank you for sharing that! That definitely helps me some. Thank you everyone for taking the time to share your thoughts on the subject. I will definitely feel invited to speak with Freemasons in here should the need arise.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

This one may be a issue for me, I believe there is something out there but it is not a God of any known human religion.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Honestly who would want to be a free-mason they are not free. They are the same tools we are. Bound by laws set by our government and they are nothing. Some people can say this country is ran by them, but its not. They are a waste of space on our planet earth. They are people who think they will run this world some day, but dont realize that someone else is probably planning the same thing just not as dumb as they were to make them selves known. You screw one you screw yourself.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tobashadow

This one may be a issue for me, I believe there is something out there but it is not a God of any known human religion.

I know what you mean. I don't like using the word God, but I can't deny origin point. I wonder if a Mason might be able to give a little insight where the Great Architect is concerned? Is that something you would be able to talk about with non-Masons?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
Honestly who would want to be a free-mason they are not free. They are the same tools we are. Bound by laws set by our government and they are nothing. Some people can say this country is ran by them, but its not. They are a waste of space on our planet earth. They are people who think they will run this world some day, but dont realize that someone else is probably planning the same thing just not as dumb as they were to make them selves known. You screw one you screw yourself.

Are you speaking from experience? When you say *tools*, how do you mean? How do you know they think they will run the world someday?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join