It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Elizabeth Is A Bloated Parasite by Infowars.com

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

"Monarchy is a mystery. Simply factoring it down to a case of what appears to be undeserved wealth is a hopelessly inadequate appreciation of it."

Seriously? We, who oppose a monarch, are just hopelessly underappreciating it?

Do you know why democracies refuse to have a monarch?

I see little to appreciate.

Please, by all means, inform us.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Physic

I don't know about the Fed, but the BoE is owned by the UK Government. It was private, back in the day, but was nationalised in the 50's I believe.

I`m sure that the bank of England is ownwed by private shareholders.
The government still borrow money with interest.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
At the end of the day we (Brits) do not care what he says, it is up to us if we wish her to remain head of state (which we do) so that bloak can go and bleat at something else.
She makes money for our country and has served us very well, she has put her sons and grandchildren in harms way just like any other forces parent and I for one respect her and enjoy my royal family.
God save the queen

Do you honestly think that if the British people stood up and said "We don't want her as our Queen" .... that things would change? Honestly? Do you think she'd say "Ok I'm outta here!"?
edit on 18-6-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
[mo

I am just in awe of your comments, but trust me, not in any way that makes you a hero here.

This one just about killed me: "As a Canadian, I prize our connection to the UK, to the great family of nations known as the Commonwealth, and to the Monarch, the focus of our heartfelt affection and loyalty."

They have a name for people like you: Sheeple.

Good for you! People like you, then, deserve to be the loyal servants of a monarch, endlessly speculating over the royal family's actions, their every word, marriage, and move. How fun! A life devoted to gossip magazines, featuring your queen! Is Kate pregnant yet? Who will Harry marry?

America--the prodigal son! Our greatness (at one time) could not be matched--not even by the UK back in its bloated years of success. That's because we don't have a queen living in a castle in New Jersey. We have the constitution of the United States living in a glass case in Washington, DC.

You, my dear sir, are what's wrong with the world.

What is it that attracts you to ATS?

edit on 18-6-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

"Monarchy is a mystery. Simply factoring it down to a case of what appears to be undeserved wealth is a hopelessly inadequate appreciation of it."

Seriously? We, who oppose a monarch, are just hopelessly underappreciating it?

I think Alex Jones seriously underappreciates it, based on numerous references he has made to monarchy.

Do you know why democracies refuse to have a monarch?

There are very few absolute monarchies in the world. The Vatican is the only one I can think of. Alex Jones and you, apparently, don't seem to differentiate between absolute and constitutional monarchies. Most monarchies are constitutional or ceremonial. There are over forty of them in the world. Some of them are extremely important and powerful democracies, like the UK and Japan for example. They retain the monarchy for the reasons cited in my earlier posts.

I see little to appreciate.

Yes.

Please, by all means, inform us.

Simply informing is not enough, most of the time. It does require some effort on the part of the one informed.
edit on 18-6-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

You can be "sure" all you like, but doesn't make it true

I am "sure" I am sexual dynamo...My missus might disagree

EDIT: As for the borrowing money with interest, those are Bonds which are sold on the open market. They don't come from the BoE, although the BoE might buy some anyway.

The BoE is more concerned with regulation and stability of the economy and markets, rather than being there to lend money to the Government.

Point of interest, the UK is one only a handful of countries to have never defaulted on it's debt, ever...
edit on 18/6/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The truth about the Queen

Ok... heres the Truth about what the monarchy is today for the UK

Disney Land

Yes the Queen is simply a tourist attraction nothing more, anybody who think she has any influence on the world scene is living in the 17th centuary or watching to many movies, its absolutely laughable

Reports made recently by Visit Britain revealed that the Queen of England and the Royal family generate close to £500 million in revenues every year for tourism. Who are the Queen’s biggest fans? Russians, Malaysians and Brazilians!

London of course attracts visitors from around the world for a number of reasons, but the Royal sights come out on top each and every year as the most visited tourist attractions. The Tower of London which is home to the Crown Jewels, is the most popular, with 2.4 million tourist visits annually. Close to a million people visited Windsor Castle in 2009, more than double the amount of tourists that visited Buckingham Palace, with only 402,000 visitors. It’s not only historic sights around London, but the royal residences throughout England and Scotland as well that attract millions.

Lavish mansions and palaces surrounded by well-kept estates give visitors just a taste of what it must be like to live like a queen. Many of the royal residences are open to the public, at least the grounds and certain rooms.

By all means go an visit, such a beautiful country with such beautiful people

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

insulting the queen is considered racism on some tabloid sites... I know...

edit on 18-6-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: edit

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I just spoke to a scottish friend on facebook about the monarchy:

Me- okay, religion aside, do you all brits love the queen? or would you like her out?
I mean removed..

Scottish friend- eh im Scottish and i support independence for my country

Me- okay...Scotland has considerable oil reserves ..were it not for the monarchy mooching off you ,you would be rich like Switzerland or dubai or qatar.

Scottish friend- perhaps if i was English or a rangers football fan id posably support the queen england will never get rid of it as it brings to much money to england and yeah theirs a lot to be said for Scotland oil

Me- I always had impression from the MSM that brits love the queen?What is the ground reality? To be frank I have heard from my sources that the queen has a lot of black money that she does not declare.

Scottish friend- well down south in England she has a massive fallowing. but in wales Scotland Ireland not so much as far as i understand she has her fingers in many a pie including uranium .

------------
It confirmed one thing
1)Scotland wants independence
2)Queen is corrupt thief mooching off Scotland (at least Scots are convinced) and has her in radioactive poisons like Uranium for nukes.
3)The Scots do not trust the Monarchy with Scotland's oil.

A referendum for Scottish independence should be held.Free Scotland!!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I am always baffled why the fact she had German ancestors is of any relevance.

I have Irish, doesn't make me Irish. Most people in the UK will have Germanic ancestors, even most modern Scots are actually Anglo-Saxon, although most people will be a blend of all the people who have ever migrated here.

The Queen actually is descended from Harold of Godwin. William will be the first Monarch to be descended from Charles I (a Stuart - Scot) on his mothers side.

You are of course aware it was the UK Parliament, under the Act of Succession, that removed the 50 or so Catholics (and in your eyes "English", although they were Scottish mostly) in the line of succession and put the "Germans" on the throne.

When it comes down to people in Europe and especially "noble" lines, pointing to an ancestor from 200+ years ago as proof positive they are foreign is idiotic.

The UK, England especially, has seen waves of migrants over thousands of years, we're a race of mongrels so it makes no sense to say "The Queen is German."

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

:LOL:

You spoke to "one Scotsman" and you "confirmed" all that?

You confirmed nothing, aside from one man's views.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

[mo

I am just in awe of your comments, but trust me, not in any way that makes you a hero here.

This one just about killed me: "As a Canadian, I prize our connection to the UK, to the great family of nations known as the Commonwealth, and to the Monarch, the focus of our heartfelt affection and loyalty."

They have a name for people like you: Sheeple.

Baaaaaah.

Good for you! People like you, then, deserve to be the loyal servants of a monarch, endlessly speculating over the royal family's actions, their every word, marriage, and move. How fun! A life devoted to gossip magazines, featuring your queen! Is Kate pregnant yet? Who will Harry marry?

Yes it's silly but it is silly human fun and I might add, fun that is indulged in by many Americans too.

America--the prodigal son! Our greatness (at one time) could not be matched--not even by the UK back in its bloated years of success. That's because we don't have a queen living in a castle in New Jersey. We have the constitution of the United States living in a glass case in Washington, DC.

America's success has little to do with the absence of a monarch and would have happened anyway. America's success has to do with the energy of its people, the opportunities available in a large, new unexploited land and with developments in the world beyond America's shores, including the evolution of constitutional monarchy elsewhere.

Threats emanating from the UK for example, don't emanate from a monarch. They emanate from financial interests in that country.

You, my dear sir, are what's wrong with the world.

Are you into the schnapps already today?

What is it that attracts you to ATS?

I'm a sheeple.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by lambros56

You can be "sure" all you like, but doesn't make it true

I am "sure" I am sexual dynamo...My missus might disagree

EDIT: As for the borrowing money with interest, those are Bonds which are sold on the open market. They don't come from the BoE, although the BoE might buy some anyway.

The BoE is more concerned with regulation and stability of the economy and markets, rather than being there to lend money to the Government.

Point of interest, the UK is one only a handful of countries to have never defaulted on it's debt, ever...

The UK has similarly made grandiose claims about how it too has supposedly never defaulted on its debts since the fourteenth (or was it the thirteenth?) century. This too is nonsense. In 1931 the British government also decided that it would no longer honour its previous commitment to exchange its currency for gold and to pay its debts in gold. This was possibly the biggest psychological shock the world financial system has experienced to date. The British government had succeeded in maintaining sterling’s value on the gold standard without interruption since the sixteenth century. The idea that sterling might come off the gold standard and no longer be exchangeable for gold in peacetime was thought inconceivable. The entire world financial system had been constructed on the assumption of sterling’s stability and convertibility into gold so sterling’s sudden devaluation caused a total collapse in confidence across the whole world financial system. To make matters worse the British government shortly after in 1932 announced that it was making a straightforward default on repayment of its war debt to the US, which it had incurred during the First World War. The ensuing panic caused a bank run in the US and led directly to the US default of 1933.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i dont know why the Americans complain about the monarchy so much as all their presidents bar one have a link back to English royalty so they're just cheering on the US of A branch of royalty

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
They're right but you aren't going to hear many Brits accept it.

Us Brits are pretty rational and care little for nationalism, but there are 3 things you cannot stray from establishment opinion on - the BBC, the monarchy and the falklands war.

personally i think they are parasites and most people I know agree with me. The only people I really know who are big on the monarchy are females, probably some sort of fairytale like condition that was instilled in them early in their life, a bit like their fascination with the farcical concept of marriage

you'd be hard pressed to find any salt of the earth british men who support the queen

I've never heard such rubbish in my life. I'm a working class man and completely support the queen, you may have noticed hundreds of thousands who feel similarly over the last couple of weeks on the TV. It's not an 'establishment opinion', I and many more feel it because we believe it's part of what makes our country what we are. You have your opinion, fine, but you speak for no one but yourself.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

Are you not feeling well right now?

The point we are trying to make here is to expose royalty as part of a scheme to create a New World Order.

The queen is part of this plan.

Therefore, the queen is bad. The New World Order is Bad.

Get it?
Got it.
Good.

Or.... you are being a sheep buying into a conspiracy with little basis in fact. Does that therefore make you stupid? I'll leave you to answer the question, but a small hint would be - probably.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
reply to post by Flavian

The theory about the NWO is that there are a number of bloodlines that have been in power (visibly or behind the scenes) for thousands of years and are pushing a one world government. European Royals tend to be included in the Theory.

But the Saxe Coburg dynasty that then became the Windsor dynasty hasn't been in power for thousands of years, has it? The 'visibly or behind the scenes' is just the conspiracy theorists get out clause isn't it?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

I`m not having a go at you.
I`m against the monarchy and i have my reasons...as you have yours for supporting the monarchy.
What i dont get is when you say you and others feel thats what makes us what we are.

i dont get that statement.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The best insult I have heard Alex call the queen was "fat little nazi blob"

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Physic

I know many probably feel the monarchy is an archaic institution.

I'm an American, and I still have to disagree.

In fact, not only is the monarchy a deep part of the British Identity, but I also feel it serves a valuable service.

Hear me out, and see if you agree....

Imagine if you will, a person groomed since birth into a life of public service. Their only motivation, instilled in them since birth, is the welfare of their people. Unlike other politicians, they aren't looking to get in, fatten their wallets, then retire.

No, instead, they are surrounded by the good life, in exchange for complete and lifelong public service.

To be honest, I think the Brits have really hit on something here with their balance of a monarchy, and elected officials. It's a good balance, and the ultimate check and balance against corruption.

An archaic institution, or a clever innovation? Personally, I have to go with the latter.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join