It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil You Know Is Better Than The Devil You Don't

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So as many of you know the world is in a pickle. I have looked at my share of ATS members relishing the idea that the United States may no longer be a super power and our currency may be kicked to the curb. Well if some of you think that the United Nations is going to take the lead good luck with that. If you think that because the United Sates has taken third place to Russia and China that the world will be better off you are kidding yourself. Think of Russia and China calling the shots...you really think things will be better?

Many of the members on here think that if the US dollar is not longer the main bargaining chip that we are doomed. I would disagree and point to France, China, Russia, Finland, Switzerland and so on using their own currency within their country for as long as one can remember...they seemed to do just fine and if nobody is using our currency we will do just fine. I would love to see how this world will work with some other countries calling the shot and maybe it is there time..I personnally do not have a problem with no longer having to intervene in affairs that do not directly effect us. Maybe we can stop sending aid (money) to other countires but I'm sure we will continue. I would love nothing more at this point to give some other country a shot a being the lead super power but it's all cyclical. Keep in mind we pretty much in my opinion became a super power after world war II...you would think the way people talk about it as being for hundreds of years...we got through one depression and we will get through this one and another and another...when I look at the countries that have done fine on their own such as Finland and Switzerland I'm again OK with the prospect of keeping the money we make in our country. Maybe this will deter illegal immigrants from coming into this country and going into yours
I eagerly await the change....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Russians might be semi-okay, but the Chinese? Oh no. No no no no no. People are insane if they think that the Chinese will be better than the U.S. The Chinese won't even try diplomacy; they'll just start bombing people.

new topics

join