It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A More Plausible Explaination For The UFO Phenomenon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Modern day scenario:

Let's say that right now on this very day, astronomers discover a comet or asteroid on a collision course with Earth due to impact in 2036. Let's say that it's large enough to cause an extinction level event. Let's say that we've tried everything we can think of to keep this object from hitting us, but are unable to change it's course. In a last ditch effort to minimize the damage, the world's nuclear powers come together and launch our entire arsenal at this thing. The hope is that we break it into pieces small enough to burn up in our atmosphere, but the result instead winds up being more widespread damage.

What would our options be to insure that mankind lives to see another day? Would there be no escape? None whatsoever?

I can only think of 2 possible ways to escape certain death:

1. Build massive bunkers deep below the Earth's surface capable of sustaining life for many, many years.

2. Build space stations capable of sustaining life for many, many years.

Now given our ever so strong survival instincts, I can assure you that both of these measures will indeed be taken, even in the absence of a plan on where to go from there. Of course the super rich and all of their friends will be the ones locked in the bunkers and flying into space, and they will take all of our currently suppressed technology with them. For those in space, this technology will include the cure for aging. Think about where cloning, stem-cell, gene, and nano technologies are headed, and you'll realize that this really isn't far-fetched at all.

The rest of us will be left to fend for ourselves and I don't think I need to tell you how that's gonna turn out

So the fragmented impact happens and it generates enough heat to completely destroy everything that took us thousands of years to build, without a trace. All above ground life is gone and the Earth becomes "uninhabitable" for thousands of years.

At some point, earthquakes and famine will compromise the underground bunkers, forcing their inhabitants to return to the surface before the Earth is ready. The seed banks will be utilized to restart vegetation and DNA banks will be utilized to restart animal life, but the atmosphere has changed and nothing turns out the way it was before the event. Inbreeding and environmental changes lead to mutations and eventually mankind is no longer comparable to his brothers still living in space. Due to either a lack of wood or a lesson learned from the impact, the majority of new structures are built from stone.

Generations pass, religions are reborn, wars ensue, and our true history is destroyed and rewritten by the victors.

Meanwhile...

Those living in space have the added benefit of a controlled environment. The cure for aging has shortened the learning curve and technology advances rapidly, but the lack of bacteria and other necessary nutrients has rendered them incapable of surviving in an organic environment. Their ability to reproduce naturally was lost in the process of curing aging, so the only way to increase there numbers is to produce clones. This leads to a mundane existence and they eventually start a hybrid program with there mutated brothers on Earth because they can't find life anywhere else in our solar system. Also, Einstein was right and light speed is impossible, so searching outside our solar system for life would take millions of years.

So there ya go. That's my condensed version with lots of holes in it, and I get a little screwy with my use of past/present/future tenses, but I think you should get the idea of what I'm saying. Imagine what we'll be able to do 100 years from now, and who's to say this hasn't already happened before. Maybe even many times over.

-Bone

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I think the smart choice would be to amass a large amount of cash, and create a self-terraforming device. A device that can clear away radioactive soil, replace it with soil collected before this event, install an internal atmosphere that will run on things like Nitrogen and CO2, a Water Purification system, or even better a machine that seperates the Oxygen from CO2 and combines it with Hydrogen collected from Natural Gas / Steam reforming, and additional things. These devices would be huge, yes, and would probably be located underground at specific areas.

Of course, the survivors of the event may be the rich who would have had bunkers built before this. When the survivors that are left believe it is time to activate the machine, they do, and the machine does it's work and reforms the area above it, making it habitable again, but only in that area. The effects of an artificial atmosphere eventually wear down on that group of people, and eventually adapt to that environment. Different subspecies of Human emerge as each environment is different, and eventually there are multiple subspecies of Human different from each other and by time the Earth is re-habitable again, they subspecies cannot mate with each other and start to inter-mate within their species.

Im not a sci-fi wrtiter, and I have too active an imagination to actually present a more realistic scenario but who knows.

Of course I find your theory better

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Hey, that's the making of a great book I think. Maybe it could be made into a movie even... Seriously, I like the story line.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Maybe I'm missing the point here, but what the hell does this have to do with UFOs? If I'm missing something then I apologize, but seriously, I'm not getting how this is a more plausible explanation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

That is a great idea and thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to show people that "aliens" may not be so alien after all.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Maybe I'm missing the point here, but what the hell does this have to do with UFOs? If I'm missing something then I apologize, but seriously, I'm not getting how this is a more plausible explanation.

Yeah you're missing the point. I tend to get a little incoherent sometimes, so sorry about the confusion. My point is that maybe thousands of years ago we were just as technologically advanced as we are today, maybe even more. Then a comet or asteroid hits the Earth, forcing some people to live in space and some people to live underground. This would create the divide between what we have come to know as aliens and humans.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Whoa! What a compliment! Thanks a lot! I'm gonna have to brush up on my writing skills, but what the hell, I'm gonna do it. Can I count on you to have my back when someone else here steals the idea before I get it done?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Totally and utterly plausible!

Who's to say this process hasn't happened hundreds of times!! And the God we think we understand is what became of one of the first space fairing humans!!?

I do love science fiction!

Add that there was an intelligent race of dinosaurs who fore saw the comet of doom and left earth 65 MILLION years ago and evolved since then into what people say are Reptilians!!!!!!

OMFG FFS SMH FML WOW!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Thank you for the clarification. Had this very conversation at work the other day. That ancient man was far more technologically advanced than we are today. It was at that point that my coworkers looked at me as if I had just drank the bong water and lost my mind.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Abolutely dude. I'll back you up.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Yeah, I've had the same basic thought for 30 years about ancient tech, but the story the OP has presented is more than just that. It has possibility.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Good one...........I liked it too........

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Good News! We has met the aliens! and they are..................us?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses guys. I value any and all opinions even if you think I'm a nut

Like I said in my introduction post, I'm here on ATS to try and provide a fresh perspective on some old topics. I can't help but to think outside of the box, that's just the way my brain is wired I suppose.

This idea is something I've been contemplating for quite a while now, but it wasn't until recently that I decided maybe there's something to it. I couldn't get passed the fact that if there really was a civilization as technologically advanced as us, long before us, then surely we would have found some kind of evidence by now. But then I read this thread...
Meteorite storm 'smashed the Earth 12,000 years ago and killed off a prehistoric people'
... and it got me thinking again. What if an event such as this one melted all the evidence long before the Sumerians and Egyptians came along? Of course this particular event doesn't fit my timeline, but it does open the door for a possible earlier event that would've produced the same effect.

So I hope some of you can see now that this idea is a work in progress, and I don't think its anymore laughable than the idea of little green men visiting our planet from some far away galaxy using wormholes and warp-drives to get here.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2012 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I was thinking along the same lines of this as far as ETs and Humans go. Maybe, just maybe they are indeed humans, but from the distant future? Kind of plays into your scenario where we might be experiencing some sort of ELE within 100 years, and we have to flee... Maybe our future lives in outer space have forced our bodies to adapt to the environment? Lack of sunlight has made our skins a pale greyish color, see where I am going? We land on a planet that is for the most part habitable, but has extreme gravity making future generations shorter. We eventually leave this planet in search for a better home, but become a space-civilization. The lack of gravity keeps our bodies from developing muscle mass... I could go on..

So given our natural human curiosity (in the future), Grey kind, er, human kind with all of their technology stumbled on the discovery of time travel. I know that if I were in their shoes, I'd want to go back in time and be an invisible observer. Heck, I'd love to do that right now with the civilizations of our current past (if that makes sense)..

But then again, the universe isn't that small, and we can't be the only species with intelligence, you know?

edit on 19-6-2012 by 0R10N because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 0R10N

Now that is the kind of thinking I'm trying to encourage here. The foundation of my theory is that history repeats itself. So rather than looking at the past to explain where we came from, maybe a lot of the answers can be found by looking into the future.

Whether people want to acknowledge it or not, a day WILL come when the Earth is hit by an asteroid, and man WILL move out into space.

I just don't understand why so few are discussing this. 7 flags and 1 page of comments
Seriously?
Maybe I should've made my title "I Am An Interdimensional Being Who Hates Abortion And Vaginas And I Have A Message For Humanity". People here should stop making fun of GLP because this site is getting just as ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I would definitely try to save squirrels, prairie dogs, birds, etc. I'm not sure I would be thinking of saving humanity, but I would have a few years to do this, so maybe they would eventually make the list?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I would think that if ETs are actually from earth they would communicate with current mankind.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

How do you know they aren't? I could spend the rest of my life teaching the theory of evolution to a monkey, but do you think he'll ever get it?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
3. Put an end to the irrational taboo against parapsychology in mainstream science, so that we can systematically develop our collective psychic potential and thus use our collective PK to slightly change the asteroids course.

edit on 19-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join