It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange is happening on ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4nothin
i've been coming to this site...for about about 7 years....maybe more....and i've noticed a HUGE difference in ATS. It's no longer the informational site it used to be. Now, it seems like people are just posting things, relevant to nothing. It's become like the MSM. Any thing that speaks truth, is lost in pages, upon pages of worthless chatter. Not sure how ATS can have T&C policies, and only enforce them, when speaking about certain drugs. I thought one of the T&C's was to make every post count? Instead, stupid 1 liners, with "second line" attached to it, are constantly permitted. A GREAT example is this top: Knowledge of Coming Major World Event Hidden in Nelly Furtado Music Video (Big Hoops). Over 1,000 comments and 57 pages of NOTHING!
Here's a couple more...

Do you see what I see
Calling all gays and lesbians

I try to ignore the best I can. Unfortunately, you can't avoid everything. I will admit, sometimes its fun to throw in your own little tidbit about the article...
edit on 18-6-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Hey hey I support all 3 ....
Its not a fad.
Trust me is int a FAD ,,,OWS is a fad ..

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Although, I'm not suggesting the originators of the above threads are psy-ops agents. They have all been here for a while, posting threads.

edit on 17-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

...maybe the psy-ops agents have just been here for a very long time.

Think about it. When a spy is sent into a foreign government they spend time building trust before swiping intel...right? Why would it be different for psyops infiltration?

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
A trend I see lately is the "Schizophrenic better go check with your doctor" replies on threads about spirituality or the supernatural etc. Why the hell are these people even on here?

Another hot button I see on here is Alex Jones. Seems like every time there is a thread that is somehow related to him or infowars within minutes it becomes filled with trolls and naysayers and baiters. I seen one person on here a couple of months ago posting a slew of threads, literally about 10 in 2 days, with links to versions of AJ's videos on Youtube that have been edited and doctored to make it look like he's racist or that be believes in blood sucking vampires, this guy was definitely motivated to engage in AJ defamation.

When I think of what ATS is turning into, I can't help but think of the quote from Dark Knight...

"You either die as the hero, or live long enough to become the villain"

Interesting what John Lear said about ATS on his Project Camelot Video @ 4:00 - 16:00.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Don't worry about it. You know why? Cause a terrible idea falls flat on its face no matter who speaks it. So what if they've been getting cozy and posting for a few months. It doesn't matter if they are paid agents or just wayward people.

We're smarter than to believe such garbage, no matter how attached we got to said-person.

Clear Skies,

-Boy
edit on 19-6-2012 by BoyMeetsWorldATS because: no reason

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I will agree that it would be helpful to require some sort of test that people must pass to prove they have an idea of how much time and money it takes to have a child, and what types of things can be passed down through genes to children, so people can make informed decisions instead of just having sex and Ooops! out comes a child they can't take care of. Make it a required course in high schools. You don't pass it. You don't graduate. You don't graduate, you aren't eligible for benefits for your child. Enough rewards for irresponsible parents.

Something tells me people don't care whether there are too many irresponsible parents, and people think it's bad to put pressure on people to behave like adults and take serious consideration for serious matters. Parenting a child is a serious commitment.

As for depopulation, yea, that would be a good start if the right people were to leave the population. That wouldn't be the case, though. We will eventually have a world full of nothing but cities like L.A. and NYC...eventually. It is inevitable if things continue. Is that bad? Well, I don't like being crowded.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

I really couldn't agree with you more. As I'm slipping towards the big 30 I can feel the remnants of my doucheness fading, whilst at the same time am able to pick up on other peoples'.

The age factor is a big one. Yeah, we have loads of kids who - thanks to the internet - believe that they are special and that they know everything. What they haven;t learned yet is discretion and reason. They aren't able to hold their ego in and admit they were wrong or that there may be another viewpoint than their own.

Now obviously all kids aren't like that, but I feel safe in saying that I think the majority of posters, regardless of age, have a chip on their shoulder.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Actualy you are completely correct. I set and read ATS every morning with my cup of joe and any more thats what seems to be the ways this site is going. just before I retired from the military a good friend of mine got what he thought was a super awsome job where he could screw off and surf the web. Wilson was a M.I guy or military intellagence, I was friends with him because he was good with computers and got he to repare mine and we became good friends. He hated the job after awhile because it was a seek and destroy trouling job. that was almost six years ago and just before I got out they had doubled its staff. I have a good idea of what alot of this junk looks like and I can tell you its on here.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

The real funny thing is, all you people truly believe the government doesn't already have a hold on the people. All of the government aid that is continuously being given out will ultimately make it impossible for the american citizens to be truly independent of government aid. Which means the longer everyone is on medicaid, welfare, food stamps, housing, unemployment, etc. and should not be, the more the people will create generations of more people that are born dependent upon it. Therefore, the dependency has no choice but to grow along with the population.

But we have to ask ourselves; are we going in the right direction or the wrong? Well if you ask most people I bet the answer would be "the wrong." We need to have an economy and a society that is capable of continuing growth of new jobs and self reliable people. Instead we are doing the opposite.

There will come a time when measures must be taken. And we need to plan for this moment and make it happen. We cant just keep having more children born until we get so populated that no one can supply them with food, or even afford to do so. This wont be far off.

As the climate changes so does the availability of food. As the population increases so does the supply. With demand going up the price for food will too. We need working bodies to generate more revenue. This will not happen if families who do not work keep having children.

Eventually there has to be a stop to the working class supporting the non working. Eventually there has to be set guide lines to keep the population in check. If none of these things happen then there will be civil unrest and uncontrollable people. Just like the people in the 2005 Louisiana flood there will be no laws to help the innocent. Everyone will have to fend for themselves.

Times are always changing and therefore we need to adapt. Keep an open mind as to what desperate measures must be taken and remember that the government is set up by the people to create an equal law governing their lands. Just because nature allows me to have sex with any female that has eggs does not mean I have a right to have as many children as I please. At some point there is a consequence. Right now those consequences are an unnecessary increase in population as well as a burden on our government which we appointed to aid children in need.

We are now moving past a time when personal liberties outweighed the good of the many. Now we must begin to focus on the good of the many.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thundersmurf

A chip on their shoulder? Yes and no.....and I can only speak for myself as an example

As I posted in another thread and find it just as relevant here.

Ignorance flowers into knowledge at just the right moment to transform into wisdom.

True some do have a motive for pressing their opinions in the way that they do. I am no different. Only understand that the reasons behind each and everyone elses agenda are like night and day and are constantly hinged to our insecurities more often than not.

I do not post what i post for the sake of ego or any other emotional charge that may be produced. I post (most of the time) in a genuine light of opinion of what I believe should and should not be. Which is loosely based in fairness. I have nothing vested in people to begin with, most are like ants in a ant farm to me. That may sound cold, but its for the greater good of humanity that I remain detached.

Other times yes, I do carry motive, which simply put is nothing more than to provoke a real response. In order to get one to fully display his/her position a little prodding must commence which often answers their own question. At the same time allowing me to see the poster as they really are and what they offer in the way of information.

The full pool of subject matter and the elaborate line of posters all with their own unique perk I must say provides a very stimulating enviroment. It's not just information some seek, others seek perspective. So when some of these WTF posts come about, look at it that light. Not everyone looks for curiousity of knowledge in their threads, but a different point of view as well.

As another poster put it to me, anyone can read a book with information, that doesnt give them knowledge. Rather what we experience with that information is what dictates our opinions and understandings of what we ourselves hold to be true. Granted it can skew a point of perception.....at least theres enough people here at ATS to set others onto the right idea thanks to wisdom that we may not possess.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I too have started to notice a trend in these type of threads popping up and called disinfo on them quietly to myself to engage my critical thinking mind.

As long as there are people to question these threads[which are not in short supply btw] then i dont see them holding much weight or influencing people opinions. The problems is trolls stink and you can smell them a mile off.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Zecharia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I think there are watchers/ agents in some of these threads. I believe they are the ones saying you need medication because you are thinking outside the box, and that is not acceptable. Give pharmacies more money, give doctors more freedom to say it's okay take your medicine be a good monkey. They say jump, and you say how high!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
It's easy to forget that the US has already been developing software for one person to be able to be (at least) 10+ different online personas at once.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Robot7

And you see loads of members with 250 comments and 250 stars, maybe 251 stars if someone buys their bulls***.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Your post was rather complicated, as was your bit of wisdom, but one thing that I agree with is that I often use ATS to look for different perspectives on matters. Even posting this thread, I was hoping that people would come out on both sides so that I could understand the whole situation better. Perspective is as interesting as knowledge in a lot of cases, and understanding both can help predict future situations and understand the world and people around you better.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Something else that I've noticed here and in online forums in general.

People are fighting against those who believe other than them as if their life depended upon conquering others. What part of the game is this?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

I don't know...paranoia? When visiting these forums you had better know your stuff, research I mean, and learn how to diffuse anger, because not everyone has their lights on, if you know what I mean.
edit on 22-6-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Very true. I mostly read here and even then only a handful of topics. I also have a way of diffusing anger that works for me.

The level of hatred is disturbing to me. We'd probably kill off ourselves before we'd band together to fight a mutual threat to us as humans.

edit on 22-6-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Not from what I've witnessed after a disaster. Young men tend to gather together first, then the older men...the women and children stay safely sheltered until it is clear that the danger is past. We seem to have a natural need, or desire to band together to make life better. Safety in numbers?

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

At a time I would say that I ultimately I thought like this. But I don't know anymore. Sometimes I think we'd even find a way to divide and conquer in the face of a crisis.

That said I sure hope you are right here. I really do.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join