It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange is happening on ATS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Exactly.

I cringe at such threads but I take comfort in knowing that it's possible to rise above such nonsense.

I thought that this crap was safely contained over at GLP, etc.

Guess not.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Hey,
Lately, we have been seeing a lot of threads show up like this:

It's time to start policing the internet

License to have children

Depopulation is probably the answer

What is going on? Why are people suddenly feeling the urge to become fascists? Is it a new fad?

There is also this to be aware of:

Government think-tank calls for infiltrating conspiracy websites

Obama czar proposed government should infiltrate social network sites, chat rooms, message boards

Although, I'm not suggesting the originators of the above threads are psy-ops agents. They have all been here for a while, posting threads.

Sure, I think it's okay to express your opinion, regardless of what it is. But the reality is, no one is going to like living in a totalitarian society and if there is a noticeable trend of people supporting one, that's where we might end up.

edit on 17-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

I agree 100%. Also it seems that every second thread now, is about someone bag-mouthing Christianity? In my opinion topics are just circulating repeatedly and not achieving anything because people just want to voice their hate rather than contributing to a logical argument. All this whining about religion is bringing us as a group down, and demoralizing and hurting the very aspect that is ATS.

PS. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on religion, I'm a Maronite Catholic myself, but i just feel we need to wake up via common sense and think before we speak. We are all adults, lets act like one.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Threads about Christianity will be in the thread it needs to be in. If its a breaking story it will be there. If its a general conspiracy it will be there. Threads being posted can be specific to a lot of things, but there are also many forums those things can be fit into.

The reason there are many "threads" about Christianity is because of 2012. Very simple. There are times of year when 911 is popular. Most forums around here are made from a topic that became popular over a period of time.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
One thing i have noticed lately is the use of phone Numbers...my hotmail brought up a message for "your security" if you lose your account details you could use your phone number to retrieve your account....and also on FB it asks for a phone Number.....what is all this about...and i do pity people who are foolish enough to give out details like that.

So maybe it is because companies are asking for this kind of info people are getting more and more concerned...so are starting the threads in question rather than wanting these things to occur.
edit on 033030p://f16Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
Hey,
Lately, we have been seeing a lot of threads show up like this:

It's time to start policing the internet

License to have children

Depopulation is probably the answer

What is going on? Why are people suddenly feeling the urge to become fascists? Is it a new fad?

There is also this to be aware of:

Government think-tank calls for infiltrating conspiracy websites

Obama czar proposed government should infiltrate social network sites, chat rooms, message boards

Although, I'm not suggesting the originators of the above threads are psy-ops agents. They have all been here for a while, posting threads.

Sure, I think it's okay to express your opinion, regardless of what it is. But the reality is, no one is going to like living in a totalitarian society and if there is a noticeable trend of people supporting one, that's where we might end up.

edit on 17-6-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

quoted for edit safety.

OP i agree with you 100%

the negativity is becoming very crazy, i have noticed ALL of these threads and i am not happy about them.

what is going on with everyone?

are they super trolls sent from the future to trollminate us?

(funny image very related)
images.cheezburger.com...
edit on 18-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
My theory on this is that kids are out of school and the younger generations have been taught from birth to want a so called nanny state. Older generations can remember different times while new ones have seen big government only get bigger. It is more natural to them because of this. Of course this is just my opinion and not all of the younger generations think this way, but a lot of them have been taught to. It is just something to think about.
edit on 6/18/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I was wondering about this. Kind of like how in the 60's and 70's kids rebelled against the establishment, we might now have a generation that rebels against the anti-establishment and promotes tyranny just to be different than their parents, or maybe because that's what they are being taught in school.

Also, I'm not going to suggest that these kinds of topics shouldn't be on ATS - they provide interesting discussion - I'm just wondering about why they are being brought up all of a sudden.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
to all my ATS friends . dont worry be happy we as a group are not afraid to comment on subjects out of the normal stream of info we are fed stay strong and stay together as a group of free thinking individuals peace and love will prevail

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4nothin

A GREAT example is this top: Knowledge of Coming Major World Event Hidden in Nelly Furtado Music Video (Big Hoops). Over 1,000 comments and 57 pages of NOTHING!

I was on there too.... Its like a giant chunk of planet Facebook broke off and slammed into ATS, melding the site into one giant chatroom.

What do you think? Oh, I agree. Yah I think so. No I disagree. Yah me too. On and on for 50 pages like you said. What happened to mining the data? There needs to be a return to more of that.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hitler changed the beliefs and ideology of the youth of his country - they were the target because it is the most effective time to form beliefs that remain throughout the lifetime. His Ministry of Indoctrination & Propaganda used media and schools. Now add the Internet, hundreds of publishing houses and 100 tv channels. The ones in charge of media are godless, and their goal is, and has been, to remove Him from the lives of youth. They know that there is no fear in His love. We now see the youth of today scared for their future because of the constant bombardment of 2012 propaganda, disaster flicks, ecological scaremongering and humanism indoctrination. The media has successfully indoctrinated most. Once that fear is established within someone's beliefs, then they roll out the "solutions" in a very subtle manner - depopulation as a 'viable alternative', abortion is "pro-science", fundamental Christians are bigoted and hateful, tolerance=love, intolerance=hatred, euthanasia is compassionate etc etc.
Yes, ATS is a very effective tool for them for it influences these youth who are fearful. Most often, the first replies to any post are in agreement - no matter the topic. Why? Most people read the first page of responses, and then think that "wow, most people agree, maybe it's me who must be wrong". This subtle indoctrination works on minds who have not yet formed their morality. The beast nature of man is rising, and the fruits of it are death and evil. Media is it's tool, but if you are not aware that it's preaching it's own morality in order to change society, then you are susceptible. How do you think the final generation becomes cold hearted and continuously evil?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Any agent provacator is going to be thouroughly vested in his/her work and that includes message boards. just becasue they have been here for a while doesn't mean that they are who they say they are. total incognitus the interweb is.

Rule #4 for gathering intel, whenever possible embed into your enviroment and stay low key.

This helps in gathering the pulse of your surroundings to further your disinfo agenda slowly. When your bank rolled by the Gov with the patriot act in their back pocket...all you have is time to test the waters.

Then as time goes by, you test them some more by dropping seemingly innocent opinions or data onto your new enviroment so you can gauge a clear picture of what to expect when said agenda comes to fruition.

Rule #3 information is vital in circumventing the enemy, learn all you can so that they become easy to defeat.

We all know that the man hates surprises and likes to be ready for any and every contingincy. Any message board they surf is merely to garner any info that may be relevant to their cause.

Im sure this board has those that like to test the temperature of the water.....more often than not they will likely be some of the most intelligent threads you have ever read.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
There was a thread about this yesterday, and they used your same links. Coincidence?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I definitely see the point of this original post and I refuse to go into agreement with waving it off. I have to caution against giving a damn about being labeled a "conspiracy theorist" when the reality it that you're actually being diligent in a world where the ruling class has employed clandestine tactics against the masses historically.

Honestly, if Woodward and Bernstein were exposing Watergate today they'd have been reduced to conspiracy nuts on one of a billion blog sites immediately. People haven't gotten smarter in this paradigm shift, we've become far, far easier to dupe.

The notion of dismissing each and every instance where people are inclined to distrust the ruling class with a scoff is extremely foolish. Of course prevailing attitudes are orchestrated, systematically. You'd have to be a complete moron to think otherwise. Our beliefs are largely generated by think tanks. It's critical that folks stop scoffing and wake up to this reality.
edit on 6/18/12 by requires1231 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
My theory on this is that kids are out of school and the younger generations have been taught from birth to want a so called nanny state. Older generations can remember different times while new ones have seen big government only get bigger. It is more natural to them because of this. Of course this is just my opinion and not all of the younger generations think this way, but a lot of them have been taught to. It is just something to think about.
edit on 6/18/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

Well i'm nearly certain from experience that my generation(the adults just coming into this mess) are pretty much aware of what has been happening since the 50s(you older guys have not seen any different if you're from the UK or US, don't lie.)

Interestingly, we're the most politically aware generation ever, now it's all across the spectrum for example with a rise of racism in England, alot of it isn't blind hatred it's hard thought leading them into thinking patriotic bullcrap.

I think it's the teenagers now we have to worry about. My god, the sluttiest under aged girls I've ever seen... Everywhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

And add to it that admins are reading our private messages.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Edited out ... sorry ... misread what the thread was about ...
edit on 6/18/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrandHeretic
Any agent provacator is going to be thouroughly vested in his/her work and that includes message boards. just becasue they have been here for a while doesn't mean that they are who they say they are. total incognitus the interweb is.

Rule #4 for gathering intel, whenever possible embed into your enviroment and stay low key.

This helps in gathering the pulse of your surroundings to further your disinfo agenda slowly. When your bank rolled by the Gov with the patriot act in their back pocket...all you have is time to test the waters.

Then as time goes by, you test them some more by dropping seemingly innocent opinions or data onto your new enviroment so you can gauge a clear picture of what to expect when said agenda comes to fruition.

Rule #3 information is vital in circumventing the enemy, learn all you can so that they become easy to defeat.

We all know that the man hates surprises and likes to be ready for any and every contingincy. Any message board they surf is merely to garner any info that may be relevant to their cause.

Im sure this board has those that like to test the temperature of the water.....more often than not they will likely be some of the most intelligent threads you have ever read.

Like yours for example?

Most message boards are topic specific though. This one is not. It gives a general overview of many different topics, so any Agent Provocateur who does what you say will need to REALLY be on top of his or her game if they work this site. It's one thing to infiltrate a 9/11 forum and drop info. to gauge reactions, it's quite another to drop info. in 5 different topics and get a realistic picture of ALL of those. Especially when you have people like Phage and Slayer 69 walking around. You'd really have to be on top of your game to cross so many lines and get away with it, and you WOULD get top dollar for that kind of expertise.

What are rules 1, 2, and 5 and what are those rules from? Your own social engineering handbook?

BTW, ditch the Superwoman costume and go with one of these. They're more "ladylike".

www.agentprovocateur.com...
edit on 18-6-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Gee i dunno, maybe someone can do something stupid like ...use the search function of the forum to find a suitable subject matter and go from there. Also you do realize that most subjects here pop up on a search engine like i dunno say...Google?

And judging from most of the posts around here it wouldnt be rocket science as you make it out to be. Simply being they could access the trove of information the net uses on a daily basis to pool information to make you believe whatever you like and sound credible doing it.

Not for nothing, but it would be far more useful for disinfo in a social gauging than who to go after for being naughty purley for the sentiment alone which would tell you lots about most peoples understanding of what really is, and what isn't. That kind of info is very very valuable because then you can play on anothers belief structure.

Rules 1,2,and 5 do not apply to this thread.....and that list was not engineered by me.....but by someone much smarter than me, and I follow it like a bible...100 rules in all with detailed explaination.

And keep something else in mind, on the net, hell even in person...I am not what I seem to be...Im sure not a woman, but Im glad you enjoyed the picture. You believe what you want to believe, whether true or false.....I believe what I don't want to believe with no hidden agenda necessary.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Either they are completely brainwashed or they are disinformation agents hired by government to try to influence our opinions.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
My impression of the threads you mention is that its of these threads are started by members whose views on everything are morphing and chaotic, as well as the newer style of attention grabbing seems to be shock value instead of reasoned discourse.
I sometimes get the impression that these threads could be trolling for stars or flags and wish to get the most impassioned of arguments started regardless of the sensibility of the subject matter.....
The Trayvon threads, the counter Trayvon threads ... (white people get killed.)...(and all the other obviously childish posturing type of argumentative subjects )......geared to emotional response.....
Mostly i treat these threads like i treat people whom i know are unbalanced or deranged even....i avoid them as much as possible.........Though there are occasions i need to vent myself, so im not perfect in that regard either, and stand guilty of blowing off steam from time to time myself......In all.....we have to look at this place like its a slice of whats out there to some extent.......(perhaps a little more paranoid but.......)
What im sayin is you go downtown and see a guy with blue hair spikes over a shaved skull type hair- do, in a biker jacket and green leather pants, and spiked heels,..........you are definately going to have some reaction......
:lol
edit on 18-6-2012 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandHeretic

Using Google to find subjects which GIVE you information is one thing, being knowledgeable about all of that information enough to sway peoples' opinions who ARE experts on it, is quite another. Finding information is one thing. You can't Google knowledge though. It's something you earn.

Besides which, gleaning truthful information on the internet is hit and miss. I know you know that. There's no experience like real life and I don't know anyone who has enough real life experience to be an expert on 5 different subjects who can have any sway over people who are experts on them individually. That's what I was referring to when I said it would take someone with a high level of expertise to pull something like that off. No, it's not rocket science. It's just not a very realistic expectation of people though.

Either that or that someone is a REAL smooth talker who can make people believe things that they know aren't true to begin with. And again, I don't know anyone who is gullible enough to take what they see on the internet ALONE and change their views on things. I'm sure they're out there, but I haven't run across any yet. And since those are my view on that, I don't try to change peoples' minds on things to see things MY way. If I were that type I would be all for advocating a New World Order. My order. What I do is try give people a unique perspective on things that I feel strongly about so they can either further validate what they believe, or change what they believe based on that new perspective. It's up to them. I have no intention of controlling anyone in that fashion nor should anyone else. Problem is, so many people are so stuck in their tunnel vision, the way THEY see things, and unwilling to stray form that, that they can't tell the difference between a different perspective and someone trying to sh*t talk them. Try to find someone who will bend like that these days. They're like a piece of silver in a garbage dump.

So, hopefully the people who are starting all these conversations about more control can see that they're barking up the wrong tree unless REAL LIFE dictates that it should be that way, not random posters' opinions. The only one of those threads that I agreed with was the population control and that's only because if we continue along the path we're on as a civilization unchecked, we're not going to make it. Things have gotten progressively worse and we're not doing anything to stop our downhill descent. We feel that things will get better simply because we acknowledge the fact that we're in trouble. As if simply acknowledging we have a problem is enough to fix it. That's kind of like using Google to find knowledge when all you're going to get is information, wouldn't you say?

BTW, I never said you were a woman. I simply suggested that you ditch the costume for something more ladylike. I never said for whom.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join