It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Techs Health Tips - Part 1 - Avoid Red Meat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm no doctor. I'm no expert. But I can tell you something for sure! EAT LESS RED MEAT. TRUST ME.

You've probably heard it before, don't bother researching about how bad it is or isn't for you there are always going to be conflicting studies and viewpoints. I am telling you from personal experience, eat less red meat.

I consider myself quite healthy (Apart from my smoking habit.. and caffeine addiction) I get a lot of exercise and I eat a healthy diet. I don't drink alcohol and I don't take chemical drugs in any way shape or form apart from the occasional aspirin (synthesised from nature). Natural remedies are the way for me and I've been living like this for a while feeling pretty damn healthy.

Then I dropped red meat and noticed the following within a week:
Less headaches.
Smoother digestive system, more solid bowel movements, no stomach aches or pains EVER.
Much more energy. (I assume its because my body is using less energy digesting red meat, which, by the way, we adapted ourselves to eat and still haven't quite gotten used to.)
Healthier skin.
Healthier sleep.
I feel happier...

This is all true and it was all down to dropping red meat from my diet. Every now and then I have a little bit of bacon or a little red meat on a pizza and so on but it is in no way a contributing factor to my staple diet. Now I eat a lot more fish and chicken and that goes down fine.

Whether you trust me or not, try it and tell me I'm wrong. I dare you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That's odd.
Because over the last month or so. I have been eating extremely rare red meat about 4 or 5 days a week.

And I can tell you that I am healthier in every way you just described. Additionally, I also smoke and drink coffee constantly. I exercise regularly and I don't touch soda, cakes, ice-cream, candy or anything else like that.

I would be willing to bet that it depends greatly on everyone's personal physiology.
edit on 17-6-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You obviously have not read anything about the Paleo diet, or the long term effects of eating higher carbohydrate foods vs. saturated fat. It comes down to glycation vs. ketosis. There is a significant adjustment period in altering one's diet to this type, depending on current intake. I would advise reading "Life Without Bread" to start, then google "ketosis" to find the corresponding scientific papers, many of which were written decades ago. Saturated fat is necessary for proper cell function, but if the meat is too lean, there is too much protein intake compared to fat intake. Constipation is actually common when switching to a high fat/low carb paleo diet. The book mentioned above is a great eye opener.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
We adapted ourselves to it? Really? And by the way bacon is not red meat.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
We adapted ourselves to it? Really? And by the way bacon is not red meat.

Well we did original start off as herbivores.
Anyone care to attempt what I am proposing and then comment on the effects?

As someone said above personal biology does come into play but my results are undoubted. (MY results)

Is it not at least worth a go??
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

When you were eating red meat, was it processed? Do you know if the animal had been given hormones or chemicals to make it grow faster/fatter?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Just imagine the possibilities of what will happen when you stop smoking!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I'm glad ya feel better!

But...what about the hundreds of other testimonials that claim the exact opposite? Just wondering why we should dismiss their anecdotes for yours is all.

And, if we've only recently semi-adapted to eating meat, what are we supposed to be eating? Curious, again.
edit on 21-6-2012 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

I'm glad ya feel better!

But...what about the hundreds of other testimonials that claim the exact opposite? Just wondering why we should dismiss their anecdotes for yours is all.

And, if we've only recently semi-adapted to eating meat, what are we supposed to be eating? Curious, again.
edit on 21-6-2012 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

Originally we ate vegetation, nuts and berries etc as far as I'm aware. Then after changing our diet our appendix started losing usefulness? Either way were originally herbavores someone please correct me I may be mistaken..

Yeah there are conflicting views, red meat definitely has a lot of benefits but you don't need it to get those benefits, you can from other foods if not then supplements.

I have read claims from both sides of the argument and they both have good points. I guess a lot of it is down to personal health and biology but my personal experience in the OP is completely true, try it out and let me know how it goes after a couple of weeks! I'd love to hear other peoples results, dropping red meat from my diet is one of the best things I've ever done!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've switched up my diet for the Spring/Summer, which includes eating no red meat. I feel 100% better. Just had to share that with you all.
edit on 21-6-2012 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

join