It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Voters Fret Over 'Vanishing Ink' Rumors

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
story from NewsMax
June 16, 2012

Egyptian Voters Fret Over 'Vanishing Ink' Rumors

Wild rumors of the Muslim Brotherhood importing "vanishing ink" pens from India has people in Egypt up in arms.

The "plan" was to give those pens to voters that were likely to vote for Ahmed Shafiq, the former Mubarak prime minister running against the Brotherhood's candidate, Mohammed Morsi.

Denials and rumors and warnings were flying everywhere

But some "officials" said the rumor was true !!

What a "plan" eh ?

CAIRO — Rumor had it a devious conspiracy was afoot: Egyptians voting for a new president Saturday were being tricked into using pens with disappearing ink so their choice on the ballot would vanish before it was counted.

"Is this the right pen?" an old man in a traditional galabeya robe shouted, holding one up to the judge supervising at a polling station in Giza, the sister city of Egypt's capital, Cairo.

There was no concrete evidence for the rumors, but some voters in polling stations around the city were clearly concerned as they marked their paper ballots. Talk of a plot just deepened Egyptians' worries that the dirty tricks rife in elections under authoritarian leader Hosni Mubarak were still in play and that powers greater than them still manipulate the system, even after a revolution last year aimed at bringing transparency.

Maybe these things will be called "RomneyPens" here in the U.S. ?

Wild Idea !!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

RomneyPens?

You'd like that because then Obama wouldn't have a chance.

Right?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

RomneyPens?

You'd like that because then Obama wouldn't have a chance.

Right?

Actually I meant it the other way around !

Acorn will be giving those pens to voters likely to vote against Obama.

Obama's chances are slim and chinaman's anyway this time.

Like it or not, get ready for 8 years of Romney.

TPTB have spoken for you.

Right?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Completely legitimate article and post until you threw in an unnecessary jab at the sitting president. Not that making the statement is wrong, it just wasn't necessary or related to the story in question, AT ALL!

A shill is a shill, paid or not

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Jeez! Everytime I speak an idea out loud...it comes to fruition in a matter of weeks!
I was thinking about about how someone could sign contracts in disappearing ink...or erasable ink even, I wondered it aloud a few weeks ago.

This is how I killed Wolfman Jack. I listened to a pre-recorded radio show of his one night and proclaimed: "I thought that Wolfman Jack had died!" I asked this if my entire immediate family, in which my mother replied "No, he still has a show on the radio." The next morning, we watched the news and were horrified to learn that Wolfman Jack had died in the early morning hours of that day, approximately the same time I made that fateful declaration.

My brain is crazy powerful.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
not in the least suprised,can the last one out turn the lights off

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
america has it's own version of the vanishing pen. the florida elections commission.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You know, I admire how people can be so blind as to believe that 8 years of a # sandwich is somehow more desirable than 8 years of a giant douche.

You must be suppressing a lot of political thoughts to be able to write such foul posts.

I mean this in all due respect.

new topics

top topics

join