It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abuse in Church 'a mystery' - Pope

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous404
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Did the pope forget that they happen in other countries too?

Nah - he spoke about the US ones in the ATS thread I linked to - but there seem to be different reasons in different #ries - in the US it's 'cos they are all materialist...in Ireland it is a mystery 'cos the Irish asre all so wonderful.....or something!!

Is he pulling a Pat Robertson and blaming all countries' Catholic fondlers on we heathens?

I thought he said is was lesbians who are at fault? which always seemed a bit weird to me....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

It dates back to Greek and Roman times when it was acceptable. Its not surprising to see cultural undercurrents persist in secret even after they have been designated as taboo.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Do you want to know why God would allow such a thing? Well thats like asking so why now did it come to light?

Well since I am speaking to the pope I am obligated to tell you the truth of the matter for the benefit of others and to act as if you don't know.

Since it was a secret cultural norm in the church since Greek and Roman times, at a point some of us asked ourselves well is it proper? Even if it is culturally acceptable as a historical tradition.
So during the papacy of Pope John Paul II we were examining world religious faiths and looking for common ground.

God chose Micheal Jackson, who had been a Jehovah Witness but a Jehovah's Witness with his own amusement park in his back yard, to bring the subject into the mainstream. The church stood up and said well its time to address this long standing issue. So since I was supporting Michael Jackson, but not condoning his behavior, since God selected him to bring this to light, the church came out to support the movement for openness and to deal with an issue that was making the priesthood feel guilty about this cultural issue that was not confined to the Catholic Church, but they stood up and martyred themselves in that way to find some way to make things better.

And the issue was marriage in the church, and the fact that men are not allowed to marry and my thoughts at the time were well it is not really surprising that they should substitute other means of obtaining moral comfort.

So we shouldn't be too judgmental.

What they did at the time was they stood up in an act of faith, not knowing what the consequences of their actions would result in but believing it was the right thing to do. So I don't want anyone to get the idea that they were busted as it were, they confessed themselves and came forward almost en-masse. After asking if they could help. I said yes, we need all the help we can get. lol

edit on 17-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Pope Benedict XVI has said it "remains a mystery" that people who regularly "received the Lord’s body and confessed their sins" had committed the offence of child abuse.

Maybe because the "lord" doesn't exist??

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I tend to agree with this 2010 CNN article.

Top Catholic exorcist: Pedophiles tempted by Satan, not possessed

I think everyone is tempted, but in the case of pedophilia, I guess you still gotta have some
kind of predisposition as a deviant F&#% already.
edit on 18-6-2012 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7
reply to post by Rocketman7

What they did at the time was they stood up in an act of faith, not knowing what the consequences of their actions would result in but believing it was the right thing to do. So I don't want anyone to get the idea that they were busted as it were, they confessed themselves and came forward almost en-masse. After asking if they could help. I said yes, we need all the help we can get. lol

edit on 17-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

Please everybody knows that they molest children and it took them a couple thousand years to go "Ok yea, we have a problem with perverts getting into the church and molesting innocent children" When people see you committing a crime, it's still a crime no matter how long it takes for you to come out and say what everybody knows. It is disgusting to know that nothing was done to stop this problem, it's revolting to know that some pervs were busted within their church they just got sent off to another to molest more innocent children. I'm sorry but they need to be punished just like everyone else. Priests & The Pope should be held accountable for their actions, just like everybody else, no favoritism. You committed a sin and you must held accountable for it no matter who the heck you are. Any Perv who does that is not a man of God. Anyone who allows pervs to be in churches are not a man of God. The Pope is not a man of God for he has known about all these sins going on and done absolutely nothing.

Just goes to show you how corrupt religion has become and how many contradictions there are in the church

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
may i sujest a radical strategy :

actually read the source article before commenting ?

one sentence says it all :

"Instead of showing them the path towards Christ, towards God, instead of bearing witness to his goodness, they abused people and undermined the credibility of the Church’s message," he said

simples - the context of the popes vexation

of course weather he believes that - or is just saying it - is of course another matter

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
the only mystery i see here is how the hell the POPE has become so disconnected with human nature he no longer understands it.

i think we need a new pope.

he has become so vexed with sinners he has given up HOPE..

edit on 18/6/12 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by BlueMule
That's what happens when your religion doesn't provide people with a mystical way to transcend ego-consciousness.

Christ didn't came for that, that was Buddahs job, it was unnecessary. He did far greater

Christ blazed a trail that mystics can follow, and he also serves as psychopomp for people who can't.

As does the Buddha.

Church authorities should be able to follow his trail. Otherwise they are too weak. They should be required to undergo mystical initiation of ego-death.

"The Christian of the future will be a mystic or he will not exist" -Karl Rahner

edit on 17-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Ego death is not the goal. We're becoming in the Womb/Matrix of this universal school, individuals. Real Grown Up Souls.

So, you guys miss the whole point I guess.

And I believe Christ was a Buddha, but the point was: doing the work, or Shining the Light of Unconditional Love.

Lets put it into an ancient Eastern Way. The heart charkra, then the throat. The throat is the ministry. Equalizing, helping the poor, doing unto others, waking people up. That is what opens the Pineal, (Jacob called this the city he met God with), and the Crown.

Christ was the Doer, and he was shining in the Infinite Light with his pineal wide open.

Doer, not ego annilation, he Became and worked for the good of others.

PERIOD.

There is no shortcuts to graduating this school. You can take shortcuts in opening the pineal, like the bloodlines code in their pictures, but......you won't be phoning the right number to reach HOME, for it is all a frequency match.

Wishing to help others only relies on circumstance. For some, yearning to do so and praying or seeking in hard circumstances, is sufficient.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

That doesn't surprise me. Same basic things were documented by Christians and Jewish writers alike, during Christ's time on earth, with respect to Judaism. Most of the priesthood and scribes were Saducees by belief. They didn't find anything other than the first 5 books of the OT relevant, they didn't believe in a resurrection, ect. They just kept peeling away at what was believable, until they barely had a shred of anything worthwhile left. (Pharisees were the opposite--piling more and more on, until no one in their right mind could follow everything.) This was due to most Jews of that time becoming very Hellenized, beginning the process of recovering from that, when Rome comes into the picture.

It is typical to fix a broken system by either rejecting the system altogether or by cobbling things to it that won't do a damn thing to fix the underlying issue. It is really rare that anyone goes: "Hey, let's start from the beginning and work our way forward". So no, big picture, not surprising at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Came across the news from this source, before I came in here.
See, the pope may we have been right as part to why such things were happening in America, and most other Western civilizations: You have a lot of outside influence challenging the inner power struggle that has happened over the past 60 years in Catholicism. Upheaval breeds doubt and stress that does add to whether or not someone is going to challenge their own vows to God, no matter the form it comes in.

Catholic Ireland is a lot more like Hispanic America, in the way that religion is treated, than like the rest of Northern Europe or the USA--that I've noticed, at least. So I expect trying to find a root cause for any change in behavior may be a bit harder, here. (Yes, I know people will say, "if there's a change in behavior going on", not addresssing that right now.) Where exactly the doubt crept in is hard to place.

But the "mystery" part? How many of you can understand a pedophile? How many of you could walk a mile in shoes that disturbing? Why would it surprise ANYONE that somebody was baffled by this? Even for those of us who could put our mind in the state of: "monsters happen, and this is what monsters do" only barely have a leg up on people who are just floored by the concept that anyone could so mix up their parenting instincts (you hope) with their sex drive? So yes, let's go parading around in rage at someone who can't wrap his mind around the concept of wanting to hurt little children. That makes real sense. //sarcasm

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Well now... A mystery eh ? Lets think shall we, about the facts of this mystery then. Fact one, look at the name of the organisation in question. ROMAN Catholic Church. Rome and the Roman Empire, was never a particularly safe place for a child. The merest hint of misbehavior was grounds, not just for a beating, but for a knife blade across the throat. As you can imagine, there was also a fair amount of debauchery and sleaze, with buggery, infidelity, animal love, and Christ alone knows what else, all considered appropriate discussion topics for a host and his or her guest. There were also figures in Roman culture, who liked to mess around with young people, mind you, in that way the Romans were not unlike other cultures, because of course the legal age of marriage (and one supposes, consent though the term ceases to have meaning below a certain age) was very much lower.

Roman culture was based on possession, power, and public displays of violence and oppression, and one tool in the belt of the social set that used the whole kit to great effect, was sexual abuse.

The advent of the rise of Christianity did little to actually alter the motivations, and the aims of those in power in Rome at the time of its coming. They still vied for power, looked over their shoulders constantly, and looked to avoid confronting powerful enemies, while continuing to abuse and shame those who they saw as beneath them. Meanwhile, the Roman power brokers developed the bastardised version of Christianity taught by the RCC today. The virtual worship of a godess (the Virgin Mary), the obsession over the "Saints" are evidence that the meaning and teaching of the Roman faith, is something less than and more than, was intended by Christ. The simple fact is, that the Romans inserted a bunch of analogues of their own pagan gods, and called them after the disciples in the Bible, and then later added other saints, so that the Roman people could better swallow the pill of Gods word.

This was the cleverest thing they could have done. They looked at the original scripture of the Bible, the word of God, and saw that it forbade them to alter the scripture of the Bible, lest they be cast down. But the Bible also says that even when one preaches the word in spite, or with an impure intent, that it is still good that the word is preached. So knowing, they preached the letter of the Bible, while twisting their every sermon, and envenoming every mass. Furthermore, those in power continued their abuses, including giving themselves more and more power, and indoctrinating untold legions of followers, into nothing but doe eyed yes men, happy to hand over their fealty, and their sons and daughters without batting an eyelid.

Further down the road of history, the Pope and all his cardinals have continued the traditions that were established by the Roman origin of their faith, and have done NOTHING to prevent the continued abuse of children,failed to prevent out right criminality on the part of those in high office in their organisation, and failed to speak out against the Nazis during the second world war. Something, incidentally, which the current Liar in extremis (Pope) should remember pretty clearly, since he was squeezed into his miniature jackboots and waving Swastikas around at the time with gay abandon.

I leave you with this... is it any wonder, that the biggest bunch of pederasts in the ancient world, spawned a version of Christianity as power hungry, financially motivated, and thoroughly ridden with the cancer of evil, as the vile, venomous hybrid that the Roman Catholic Church became? There is no mystery here. The real mystery would be, how the hell could the RCC avoid becoming a den of predators and sickos, bearing its origins in mind? The answer, rather obviously is, that it could not.

Jesus never said that we should go to Church, or that there ought to be a centralised power base for his followers on Earth. He NEVER once suggested any such thing. He never told his apostles to have a bunch of people (priests and cardinals and crotchety old perverts) stand between his People, and him, or between his People and God for that matter. You may recall that he DID say "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, but through Me". One would have thought that if he had actually meant, no one comes to the father but through me, and my army of lecherous, paedophile priests and attendant walking nightmares, then that is what he would have bloody well said!

As it is, with that one sentence, you can extrapolate that indeed, he never meant for worship buildings to be erected, or wars fought between men in his name, nor witches burned at the stake over a bloody mistranslation of scripture, nor for generation after generation to swear fealty to a false emissary, claiming to be his thrall.
You can also extrapolate, that if the RCC had ever been intent on Christs message, they would have known that, and never formed at all.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I personally don't believe in humanity's structured religions.
But I do remember being told by a Preacher of some church,
that the closer you get to "God" the more temptation gets shoved in your face by Lucifer.
Making it 100 fold harder to remain on and to continue ascending Jacob's Ladder.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu
the only mystery i see here is how the hell the POPE has become so disconnected with human nature he no longer understands it.

i think we need a new pope.

lol - when has a pope ever been connected to human nature??

Let's face it - a pope is a political appointment, selected from a limited pool of old men who are themselves selected from a wider pool of supposedly celibate men the vast majority of whom have never married & who have spent at least a huge portion of their lives trying to follow a book of mythology that is self contradictory and poorly written.

much of their effort is spent telling lies to preserve their power - lies that no "real" politician could get away with but they have an invisible friend who says they can do so and we all should too.

And somehow you expect this person to have a "connection with human nature"????

good luck with that!
edit on 18-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join