It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abuse in Church 'a mystery' - Pope

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Abuse in Church 'a mystery' - Pope

www.irishtimes.com

Pope Benedict XVI has said it "remains a mystery" that people who regularly "received the Lord’s body and confessed their sins" had committed the offence of child abuse.

In a pre-recorded address to the closing ceremony of the 50th International Eucharistic Congress, which came to an end at Croke Park in Dublin today, the pope said the Church had "been shaken in an appalling way by the revelation of sins committed by priests and consecrated persons against people entrusted to their care".

"Instead of showing them the path towards Christ, towards God, instead of bearing witness t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Pope Benedict Solves Mystery of Pedophile Priests . . . Sort of

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think most people on here could enlighten him as to the nature of the mystery - religion brooks no argument, so religious leaders can easily assume absolute power of their followers at any level.

and of course the RCC spent a lot of time and effort trying to hide this behaviour from society at large and the law specifically!

Celebacy in the RCC clergy is another factor of course - one peculiar to them and probably the reason so much of hte offending was primarily sexual IMO........of course non-celibate religious leaders also offend sexually and non-sexually too - religion is, by its nature, simply an institution of society that is readily open to abuse.

However I'm also struck by the linked thread from 2008, wherein to the Pope (same one!) is quoted saying:

According to Benedict, it is America’s “increasingly secular and materialistic culture” that caused priests to fondle and rape children.

Hmm......a buck each way??

www.irishtimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Not much on poopin bible verses, but here go

Matthew 18:7-9
Jesus Warns Against Causing Children to Sin

10 "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Raping children is not strickly in a catholic denomination, its universal within all church.
I also think sexual repression causes it too

and the pope should be tried.... This from a catholic point of view
edit on 17-6-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That's what happens when your religion doesn't provide people with a mystical way to transcend ego-consciousness.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
That's what happens when your religion doesn't provide people with a mystical way to transcend ego-consciousness.

Christ didn't came for that, that was Buddahs job, it was unnecessary. He did far greater

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It remains a mystery because the RCC has been covering it up for so long.

Really? It's hard to figure out why a role that demands sexual frustration and puts people in close contact with kids draws the wrong crowd to sign up?

Give me a break...

If you make positions of power that give people the benefit of the doubt, or absolute authority, it will draw the nutters or creeps to secure that position. It's pretty simple.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

Originally posted by BlueMule

Christ didn't came for that, that was Buddahs job, it was unnecessary. He did far greater

Christ blazed a trail that mystics can follow, and he also serves as psychopomp for people who can't.

As does the Buddha.

Church authorities should be able to follow his trail. Otherwise they are too weak. They should be required to undergo mystical initiation of ego-death.

"The Christian of the future will be a mystic or he will not exist" -Karl Rahner

edit on 17-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Religion is all about control and lies , its no wonder child abusers found it a great place to carry out their sick fantasies.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I think it is not all about child abuse. People abusers in general though. Power enables them, and religious power is but one avenue to tread down. It is much easier to become a priest, than an elected official. Nature always chooses the easier route.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
probably the position of power, coupled with the inability to make love to your desired mate without marriage or the threat of ex-communication and banishment to hell and a bunch of other asinine complex psychological poop.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Thanks for the article...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Seriously? With all the pedophile priests out there, the nuns who rap your knuckles with rulers, spare the rod, spoil the child and he finds this a mystery? I thought it was more of the status-quo for the RCC than a mystery.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Receiving the lords body, eh?

lulz. 'oh, i dont know how my wang got in that kid's butt'

right, guy.

i dont get how Catholics believe this crap.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Not much on poopin bible verses, but here go

Matthew 18:7-9
Jesus Warns Against Causing Children to Sin

10 "See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Raping children is not strickly in a catholic denomination, its universal within all church.
I also think sexual repression causes it too

and the pope should be tried.... This from a catholic point of view
edit on 17-6-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

They say as many as fifty percent of the priests were Gay . A priest that spoke out against the church named Father John Oconner did a three part video on you tube . He went in depth of this satanic ritual abuse of children and much more from ties to the New world Order to having to be a homosexual to be a Jesuit . The Jesuits were big into the satanic part and ritual child abuse.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

The Jesuits are the enforcers and SS troopers of the Catholic church. Wherever there is evil in the church, you will find them.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

What a load of bull. People who have a preference to children look for jobs where they can work with children. They look for jobs like Priests, Coaches and Teachers because they are respectable roles. Any pervert alive from the 60's on knows that Priests are a good pick because of all the secrecy.

People of true faith who want to become Priests find it a hard struggle with all the restrictions & the contradictions within the bible and the church.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok2day

They say as many as fifty percent of the priests were Gay . A priest that spoke out against the church named Father John Oconner did a three part video on you tube . He went in depth of this satanic ritual abuse of children and much more from ties to the New world Order to having to be a homosexual to be a Jesuit . The Jesuits were big into the satanic part and ritual child abuse.

Do you have a legitimate source for that? Who is the "they" that is saying it? Pedophila and homosexuality aren't the same thing, not even close. Pedophiles attack children, gay men like other gay men, gay women like other gay women. The pedophilia has nothing to do with sexual preference. Old straight men molest little boys because they're pedophiles, not because they're gay.
My brother is gay and he would never be interested in a child, he even prefers men older than him. A guy in the town I used to live in a long time ago molested little boys, but he was married to a woman and always preached against homosexuality.
I get really disgusted by the people who bring in the pedophiles and the beastiality and every other disgusting thing they can think of and attribute it to gays. It's not true and they are just trying to make people hate gays because they don't like them.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I don't believe that.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Did the pope forget that they happen in other countries too?

Is he pulling a Pat Robertson and blaming all countries' Catholic fondlers on we heathens?

edit on 6/17/2012 by Anonymous404 because: added info

edit on 6/17/2012 by Anonymous404 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I don't believe that.

You don't have to believe it. I don't have to.

clergyproject.org... The clergy who are coming out as nonbelievers, on the other hand, can speak for themselves.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join