It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids Everywhere; What could it mean?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hahahaha. Crab and Tyk, im sure you could do better than I.

We could probably save the universe.

Or destroy it!

Lol

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
Hahahaha. Crab and Tyk, im sure you could do better than I.

We could probably save the universe.

Or destroy it!

Lol

I'd atleast be able to pincer it with my crab claws.

But lets get back on subject. PYRAMIDS EVERYWHERE! W. T. F mate?!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yes pyramids everywhere.

Andddddd i think we have done a dis service to man in itself by not building some to date.

Hahaha we have become sooooo smart that we have been cut off from a special knowledge.

Thats what we get for being know-it-alls!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Good question. I have wondered about that myself. Pyramids all over the world with basically no means of communication between these civilizations. Then thousands of years of nobody building pyramids. Also, aren't the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt and the Pyramid of the Sun in Mexico basically the same dimensions at the base?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
Good question. I have wondered about that myself. Pyramids all over the world with basically no means of communication between these civilizations. Then thousands of years of nobody building pyramids. Also, aren't the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt and the Pyramid of the Sun in Mexico basically the same dimensions at the base?

I believe I read or saw somewhere that they're both laid out on the land in arrays that simulate specific constellations.

I believe Egypt's pyramids were laid out in the same way we see Sirius, and the Sun pyramid, I don't remember which constellation that was.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Maybe they were hunter-gatherers who all learned how to build a pyramid from the way they stacked fruits and vegetables? Or is that some special knowledge the super markets came up with?

edit on 17-6-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

Yes indeed it does, If I recall correctly it is only overtly visible during one of thee solstices. each side shows an indentation centered from top to bottom

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
on the subject of acient construction. you can trace the date of these by looking at north america and some other areas on your planet. there are no structures in north america. this area was under water when these structures were built. the pyramids are much older than most think.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusthuman
on the subject of acient construction. you can trace the date of these by looking at north america and some other areas on your planet. there are no structures in north america. this area was under water when these structures were built. the pyramids are much older than most think.

This is the first time I'm hearing about it but it could explain why the north american pyramid found in illinois is so terribly eroded.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ah yes pyramids

IF you are going to build something that high, the easiest form is a mound or a pyramid. IF you built a rectangle or square people cannot see what is going on at the top...

The pyramids around the world were built at different times, for different reasons using different techniques

Egypt: Tombs

Mesopotamia Ziggurats: Temples

Mesoamerica: Temples and sometime tombs

China: Tombs

Etc

No common 'unknown civilization' just people solving the same problem with the best solution

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
Pyramids in India
www.gizapyramid.com...

That was built in 2002 from steel - not really relevant.

Pyramids in Bosnia
www.bosnianpyramid.com...

That's a hill.

Pyramids in North America
(illinois)
www.world-pyramids.com...

Clearly a mound, not a pyramid. Just calling something a pyramid doesn't make it so.

And like a few other posters have said: if you are going to make monumental structures, then a pyramid is the easiest - just stack blocks on top of one another and...voilà! No structural engineer necessary.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

And like a few other posters have said: if you are going to make monumental structures, then a pyramid is the easiest - just stack blocks on top of one another and...voilà! No structural engineer necessary.

To bad the aliens didn't make a cathedral with arches, buttresses and rotunda....now that would be HARD to explain

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In the case of the Maya pyramids were symbolic mountains, and they represent a specific sacred mtn in Guatemala.
I would suspect that most pyramids are symbolic representations of mtnss.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by punkinworks10
In the case of the Maya pyramids were symbolic mountains, and they represent a specific sacred mtn in Guatemala.
I would suspect that most pyramids are symbolic representations of mtnss.

That is probably true for the Mesopotamian ones, in particular the earlier Sumerian

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

earth pyramids aren't necessarily all 4 sided.

the great pyramid has 8 sides for example. pyramids are still pyramids, whether 4/5/6/7/8 sides. imho.

The Great Pyramid.... of Giza??? Has 8 sides?!?!???!?

Well, technically, it has nine sides.

Harte

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by ladyteeny

earth pyramids aren't necessarily all 4 sided.

the great pyramid has 8 sides for example. pyramids are still pyramids, whether 4/5/6/7/8 sides. imho.

The Great Pyramid.... of Giza??? Has 8 sides?!?!???!?

No fair counting the bottom Harte!
Well, technically, it has nine sides.

Harte

top topics

<< 1   >>

join