It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.3 magnitude earthquake off coast of japan.....tsunami take 2

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

The nuclear facility recently re-started was not Fukishima. It was a different facility. After Fukishima, ALL of Japan's nuclear facilities were shut down.

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Poor Japan.

Like they need another episode of the last earthquake.

Good Luck from a donor.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Powerful video and what that guys says, the farmer raising his children, is so true. That black tie has never seen it and doesn't know the reality of it. It's sad. My donation probably went to the black tie and not the farmer supporting his kids. Really hope things get better for him. Emotional video when it came to him speaking.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Thats funny...seems to come along on ATS about every other day if not every day...due to threads similair to yours...a Tsunami would have already formed and alerts issued if one were to come out of this....but I guess the predictions of doom and gloom form faster than any tusnami on ATS at least...the only season here is the 2012 doom sayers and its a season the will no doubt extend past 2012 when they are all left with the rest of us and try to explain why we are all still here.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Dont you folks know that tsunamis are predicted with significant eror towards the false alarm side of things? If there was any chance whatsoever of a tsunami they would have evacuated. Infact most evacuations yave a tsunami on the order of a foot or so

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

6.3-magnitude earthquake hits 95 miles off coast of Sendai, Japan, U.S. Geological Survey says - @Reuters

UPDATE

Reuters) - A 6.4 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Japan early on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The epicenter was 72 miles southeast of Morioka on Japan's Pacific coast, the USGS said, updating an initial report that said the quake was of magnitude 6.3 and 95 miles off the coast.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 17-6-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

oh boy here we go......

i hope they are ok.

why don't they just permanently SUPER SHUT DOWN, the whole power plant at fukushima???

seriously this is horrible, i hope they are ok.

G bless them.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

6.3-magnitude earthquake hits 95 miles off coast of Sendai, Japan, U.S. Geological Survey says - @Reuters

UPDATE

Reuters) - A 6.4 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Japan early on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

The epicenter was 72 miles southeast of Morioka on Japan's Pacific coast, the USGS said, updating an initial report that said the quake was of magnitude 6.3 and 95 miles off the coast.

www.reuters.com...

OP, the 3/11/11 quake was thousands of times more powerful than a 6.3. With a nine you will get ~30' waves. An 8 maybe 10' waves. A 7 perhaps 1-2' waves. 6.3 will produce a wave of perhaps a few inches that will be indistinguishable from the tide. When the waves refract around an island double it appr.

However, a 6 in the right place can knock down FUKU #4 and collapse all of those rods we have heard about. That may not be a good day.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

To EvanB.
That video was heart shattering. Provided one has such a device.
I always knew women are our - much - better halves. And every single one of those desperate ladies is a hero in my book, together with all the many others they are representing.
Those so called "upper echelons of our society" are not on the same frequency as the rest of us, "down under".
Not as in Australians - whom I love, drink plenty with & respect - but as in "us", the ones under the clouds, the ones seen as pitiful moribunds by those we were supposed to trust and put our fate, faith, present, future and the lives of our children at stake by trusting them. Which we have already done.
Simply put, you do not shyte on your own dinner table. And "they" are doing it on a daily basis. It really baffles me. Why ?
We are seeing exactly the same reactions all over the place, in every country, on every continent; plain indifference towards imminent and terrible dangers threatening our common habitat.
We are ALL living on the same fragile planet.
What they are doing is the equivalent of being high up on a tree and cutting off the very branch they are sitting on.
They are either hypnotised or they already know that - somehow - they will escape to some wonder-world filled with heavenly goodies, or they are some kind of zombies or some sort of Muppets or indeed some sort of tridimensional projections…
I do not know who, why, what, when, where, how.
"They" have a clue "We" don't - and never will - have.
Get wiser or die.
edit on 18-6-2012 by trisvonbis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Earthquakes hitting Japan and now there is a super Typhoon headed their way. Something or someone wants Japan at the bottom of the ocean.
edit on 6/18/2012 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Didn't someone predict that Japan would eventually sink beneath the waves?

Bless them all, I hope they catch a break soon.

(Edit to say: It was Edgar Cayce, googled it)
edit on 18-6-2012 by Deplume because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
There were many other decent earth quakes within the past 24 hrs along that fault line. Here they are.

4.4 - 6/17/2012 at 22:20 (Off the coast of the Kamchatka Peninsula, Russia. Depth: 21.7 Mi

4.6 - 6/17/2012 at 20:17 (Andreanof Islands, Aleutian islands, Alaska. Depth: 32.7 Mi

5.1 - 6/18/2012 at 05:50 (Halmahera, Indonesia. Depth 5.7 Mi

4.8 - 6/17/2012 at 23:28 (Bougainville Region, Papua New Guinea. Depth: 58 Mi

4.8 - 6/18/2012 at 07:04 (South of the Kermadec Islands. Depth: 155.3 Mi

and that's not it. I have a fault map and there has been a lot of action all around this fault from South of Kermadec islands to two 3 pointers I didn't post in south Alaska north of the Aleutian islands. North America has nothing yet, but south of Mexico all the way down to south of Africa have been hit with decent quakes within the past 24 hrs... Quite crazy!
edit on 06/18/12 ? by SickeningTruths because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
More quakes around the "fault ring", sum higher magnitude, nothing for Japan amazingly.. Here they are listing from the SW of the ring up to Alaska and down North America.

5.0 - 6-18-2012 at 21:37 (Fiji Region Depth: 384.4 Mi

4.6 - 6-18-2012 at 17:36 (Tonga Depth: 19.1 Mi

4.5 - 6-18-2012 at 17:29 (Vanuatu Depth: 163.2 Mi

4.7 - 6-19-2012 at 07.02 (New Britain Region, Papua New Guinea Depth: 43.7 Mi

5.8 - 6-19-2012 at 13:56 (Near Aleutian Islands, Alaska Depth: 13.5 Mi

Hand Full of about 4 or so three pointers in Alaska

5.2 - 6-19-2012 at 06:40 (Off the Coast of Oregon Depth:6.2 Mi (This spot is West Coasts "Japan" where there expecting "the big one")

3.3 - 6-18-2012 at 21:01 (Southern California (almost Mexico)

and now just 20 mins ago Island of Hawaii was hit with a 3.1 (no biggie) Just sayin

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join