It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian missionary group with pig's head taunt Arab-Americans at Dearborn festival

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathbecomesLife

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan
I don't usually like to get involved in this stuff and I believe in live & let live, but lets be honest here if we want to compare whats going on today then Islam is probably going to come off the dirtier of the religions, yes these people are idiots no qualms about that but the Number of Muslims doing this sort of thing would VASTLY outnumber the Christians.

There has been a three card monte played with Christianity. When people learned to read the hypocracy of the church was revealed. The common man could see for himself that what was being done was not what christ ordered. So, a mask was created, Corporations.

Now compare the atrocities.

True and one day we can get rid of all these iatola, clerics, Imams or whatever title they want to relish in and actually educate the large portion of Muslims so they can learn to read the hypocrisy of Islam.
Corporations have nothing to do with god just money hungry moral less people they would exist without religion, well except maybe the Vatican corporation but compared to what Islam has been throwing out lately even they come up holier than thou.
Show me a religious corporation with you tube videos of people getting their heads sawn of.
Show me a religious corporation than mandates the slow cruel murder of rape victims.
Show me a religious corporation that relishes in pedophilia.
Show me a religious corporation that violently oppresses women, (how do they become educated when it means an acid bath).
Show me a religious corporation that mandates the rape of virgin women so their god will allow their execution.

I'm sorry I'm not here rattle Christianity's can by any means, nor am I here to spit on good Muslim people they are free to believe what they want IMO as long as it doesn't involve anything like the above.
I stand by my statement no one in their right mind would want to compare the actions of modern Christians and modern Muslims that's just laughable.
I know the standard response is they are not real Muslims well my retort would be go take that up with the 10's of millions of those (not real Muslims) that beg to differ, although I would strongly advocate getting your affairs in order first and not bothering with the return ticket.
On the other side I struggle to find anywhere in the world where I couldn't speak crap about Christianity all day long and at worst maybe get a black eye, now that has to speak volumes in itself.

This is intraweb though so I just want to reiterate I have no problems with anyone who conducts them self with courtesy and common decency, personal beliefs are just that personal & irrelevant, but lets be honest it isn't hard to see where all the Muslim backlash comes from though. Especially when they are using our own system and pussy do gooders to erode our culture while violently defending & instilling their own, it's just sad that the only ones with the balls to do something are a bunch of no good bigots who are almost as bad.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting and repulsive. These hypocrites are nothing but racists who clearly don't read the Scriptures. Apparently to uneducated morons (and pathetic excuses for Christians, and I use that term loosely) all Arabs are Muslims who don't eat pork.

These charlatans need to read where in the Bible the Most High banned the consumption of pork also.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach
Absolutely disgusting and repulsive. These hypocrites are nothing but racists who clearly don't read the Scriptures. Apparently to uneducated morons (and pathetic excuses for Christians, and I use that term loosely) all Arabs are Muslims who don't eat pork.

These charlatans need to read where in the Bible the Most High banned the consumption of pork also.

Very nicely said. Christ was a Jew and He was against eating pork. The fact that Christians think they are emulating Christ always bothered me. It was one of the many cultural twists that compelled me to learn about Christianity on my own.

Seeing this particular group waiving a pig's head in public exacerbates the travesty Christians have created for themselves. Its a grotesque perversion of prophetic teachings.
edit on 19-6-2012 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Sheep hating other sheep.

Call the farmer.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

Any christian would tell you, sure, Judaism came first, and that it still has some preeminence over Christianity. If you were a Jew, you didn't automatically lose your "Jew"ness. A good bit of Acts and almost all of Romans deals with this issue. The problem is that as I'm not a born Jew, I can bypass proselytization (becoming a Jew when you're not born one), through taking on Christianity.

Really, the best starting place is with Acts chapter 10 and Acts chapter ll, for the whole account, but 11 has the ORIGINAL ARGUMENT over whether or not it is right to "eat pig" when dealing with Christianity and Judaism. And the argument persists, with the same basic conclusion, every single time.

The difference in the argument for Christianity being older than Islam, vs. Judaism being older than Christianity is that there's no evidence of a continuation from one to the other, when you deal with Islam. Specifically, the Jews were waiting on someone called the Messiah, and only 1, not multiple. Christianity claims they have THE messiah, and Islam claims to have A Messiah, and that there are many. That's against what Christianity was teaching, at that time, too--as Christianity is an end result, not the first cause. Since Islam does not fit what Judaism was looking for, Islam is not their next step. But a lot of Jews, from Christ's time, until now, still retain a lot of their Judiasm, but have take on Christendom, as well: Here

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by g2v12

Any christian would tell you, sure, Judaism came first, and that it still has some preeminence over Christianity. If you were a Jew, you didn't automatically lose your "Jew"ness. A good bit of Acts and almost all of Romans deals with this issue. The problem is that as I'm not a born Jew, I can bypass proselytization (becoming a Jew when you're not born one), through taking on Christianity.

Really, the best starting place is with Acts chapter 10 and Acts chapter ll, for the whole account, but 11 has the ORIGINAL ARGUMENT over whether or not it is right to "eat pig" when dealing with Christianity and Judaism. And the argument persists, with the same basic conclusion, every single time.

The difference in the argument for Christianity being older than Islam, vs. Judaism being older than Christianity is that there's no evidence of a continuation from one to the other, when you deal with Islam. Specifically, the Jews were waiting on someone called the Messiah, and only 1, not multiple. Christianity claims they have THE messiah, and Islam claims to have A Messiah, and that there are many. That's against what Christianity was teaching, at that time, too--as Christianity is an end result, not the first cause. Since Islam does not fit what Judaism was looking for, Islam is not their next step. But a lot of Jews, from Christ's time, until now, still retain a lot of their Judaism, but have take on Christendom, as well: Here

For me this is an abstract. The usage of terminological vernacular is subjective, framed by individual rule sets, and of course yours is simply unknown to me.

I think the best way for exchanging ideas is to do so in as much plainness as possible, devoid of nondescript or interpolating word meanings that may seem specific to religion, but are not universal unfortunately.

Another situation, the quoting of verses, which are partially based in true events where the subject is well acquainted with history and cultural practices, and verification from several secular sources. In any case, so-called scriptural accuracy is purely a faith based supposition, considering that there are no original, signed or traceable Christian works (referring to New Testament) and that secular sources are nil.

I will make similar statements regarding Judaism and Islam as well, having studied them. In logic, one must concede to the evidence that religion is a paradigm of the human psyche, whether or not a yet undefined force of creation is a reality that can be explained by the human mind or through descriptions in ancient texts.

I have heard as much insanity from the mouths of irrational ideologues in Churches, Mosques and Synagogs as from any other institution of men. The religious institutions are as much defined by a venomous sociology of non-thinkers and educated derelicts as governments, school systems and political institutions. By far, the more religious the person, the worse his treatment of others.

As for the Torah, it has been rewritten so many times by unknown scribes, and at various times under the worse conditions of captivity by the Egyptians, Babylonians and others, that there is opposing data in opposite ends of the book.

The Qur'an is said to have been the best preserved, and from what the scholars teach, this is possible. Nevertheless, so many Muslims have been mislead by false ideologies and are generally ill informed as to the spirit and application of Muhammad's teachings.

The Christians didn't teach the concept of the trinity until well into the 4th century AD. The circumstances under which this came about were purely political in nature. Yet, a modern Christian is likely to be fed the idea (or assume it by proxy) that there was always a trinity.

There are things within historical contexts that are indeed thought provoking. We haven't touched upon them. I have little doubt that religious figures certainly existed, but what we've made of them may be another story.
edit on 20-6-2012 by g2v12 because: arrangement

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Christians about eating pork

Leviticus 11: 7-8 And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

Deuteronomium 14:8 And the pig, because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.

Jesaja 65 vers 2-5. I spread out my hands all the day to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, following their own devices; a people who provoke me to my face continually, sacrificing in gardens and making offerings on bricks; who sit in tombs, and spend the night in secret places; who eat pig's flesh, and broth of tainted meat is in their vessels; who say, “Keep to yourself, do not come near me, for I am too holy for you.” These are a smoke in my nostrils, a fire that burns all the day.

I am no Christian, but why most eat pork then?

In the Koran you find them here

2:173, 5:3, 6:145, 16:115.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
JOEL OSTEEN is a Christian preacher who gives sermons against consuming pork. He states the scientific fact that Hogs are scavengers, whose digestive systems are fast and inefficient. This means that they can eat anything and that the toxins are not excreted, but stored in it's fat. When I was a priest, pork was a regular part of my diet. I developed pain and stiffness in my joints, shortness of breath and high blood sugar. I was in construction, so I was accustomed to hard work in all weather conditions. I also worked out at Gold's Gym several times a week. I was told by doctors that I had arthritis and that in a few years I would be crippled.

At one point I said a prayer to be healed. I begged for healing, knowledge anything. The next day I had strong feelings to fast from meat thirty days. Into the third week my symptoms had literally left me. After the fast, I returned to meat but again had feelings not to eat pork. I haven't had a bite since then and that was more than ten years ago. In 2010 someone sent me a link to Osteen's you-tube sermon about pork and I was thrilled that someone wasn't afraid to tell the truth.

Link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I like it

To most Christians time to make a change

I embeded your vid g2v12
edit on 20-6-2012 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2012 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Thank you so much. Where's the button for that???

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorkingClassMan

On the other side I struggle to find anywhere in the world where I couldn't speak crap about Christianity all day long and at worst maybe get a black eye, now that has to speak volumes in itself.

This is intraweb though so I just want to reiterate I have no problems with anyone who conducts them self with courtesy and common decency, personal beliefs are just that personal & irrelevant, but lets be honest it isn't hard to see where all the Muslim backlash comes from though. Especially when they are using our own system and pussy do gooders to erode our culture while violently defending & instilling their own, it's just sad that the only ones with the balls to do something are a bunch of no good bigots who are almost as bad.

Yeah, go out there in the street and exercise your freedom of speech to bitch about something that really matters and watch how this American government beats you senseless with a stick, after they spray your face with the burning fire of mace and place your limp body on the cold cement floor of a warehouse for 72 hours.

Just think, hundreds of thousands died from the declaration of independence to the Iraq war so that you could allow your rights to be taken by wealthy, white, corporate military fascists, who use misguided Muslims as a piss poor excuse to get your support.

Stop acting like a pussy do-gooder and take back your country!
edit on 20-6-2012 by g2v12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

When you want to embed a vid?

Look at the adresbar above. When you open the youtube link on youtube page.. Copy the part after watch=
In this case H3XS9JftEns

Then paste in the vid:youtube button. (secone one on the right side)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Here I thought that Christianity was about loving thy neighbor, forgiveness and giving.

So.. I guess, irresponsibly summoning up ancient warring blood-feuds is on the list too?

Turn thy cheek..... IN ANGER!!

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

You were a priest who worked out at Golds gym? I didnt realize that they paid priests that kind of money

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Leviticus 11: 7-8 And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

Deuteronomium 14:8 And the pig, because it parts the hoof but does not chew the cud, is unclean for you. Their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcasses you shall not touch.

Jesaja 65 vers 2-5. I spread out my hands all the day to a rebellious people, who walk in a way that is not good, following their own devices; a people who provoke me to my face continually, sacrificing in gardens and making offerings on bricks; who sit in tombs, and spend the night in secret places; who eat pig's flesh, and broth of tainted meat is in their vessels; who say, “Keep to yourself, do not come near me, for I am too holy for you.” These are a smoke in my nostrils, a fire that burns all the day.

Let's look at the New Testament and see what Jesus says about this.....
Matthew 15:16-20
16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

Mark 7:17-19
17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolaFide
reply to post by g2v12

You were a priest who worked out at Golds gym? I didnt realize that they paid priests that kind of money

I was a Mormon priest. I worked full time to support myself. Mormons aren't paid for their work in the church.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Jews consider pork not kosher and inedible; so are these "Christians" going to put a pig head on a pike in front of a synagogue like they used to in pogrom Russia?

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolaFide

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Let's look at the New Testament and see what Jesus says about this.....
Matthew 15:16-20
16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

Mark 7:17-19
17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”

If you are using these verses to say Jesus sanctioned the consumption of pork, you are quoting out of context. In the verses preceding the ones used above (namely Mathew 15-01, 02) the Pharisees are accusing the disciples of transgressing the Jewish tradition of washing their hands before eating. When they took this debate to Jesus, he told them that 'what comes out of the mouth is worse than what goes in', which of course is an insult directed toward the Pharisees, who were calling Jesus' validity into question publicly. Its just that simple.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Judge not, so shall ye be judged.

It seems to me that those Christians need some more studies on the teachings of Jesus and less focus on the vengeful god of the old testament.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join