It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature 1 - Monsanto 0

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by satron

Monsanto genes have "infected" many Mexican corn crops. Genetically unique strains that have been kept for thousands of years now test positive for Monsanto genes.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes of course! Because their genetic mutant pollen wafts throught the air and pollenates organic and heirloom corn turning them too into frankencorn. These are truely evil bastards. Monsanto brought us DDT, Agent Orange and even worked on the atomic bomb....they SUCK! A big middle finger for you Monsanto!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by satron

Monsanto genes have "infected" many Mexican corn crops. Genetically unique strains that have been kept for thousands of years now test positive for Monsanto genes.

Oh no, this cannot possibly be; Monsanto said so when it applied for all of those patents. They specifically said that thier franken-corn could absolutley not cross with non-GMO plants. They swore and we know that corporations never lie. (where is my sarc. font?)

Die Monsanto, DIE!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Nature will always prevail.

I just sent Monsanto a real "acid" Message.
Please do the same we need to protest this BS

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think people are daft if they think Nature has won out over Monsanto. LOL as if they will just shut up shop over this. They have unlimited money and power they will just nuke the worms if they have to. Nothing will stop their agenda. Nothing but us...we are the only people that can do something about it...will we...no..

We bitch and moan and then go eat our fast food and GMO veg from the supermarkets all the while complaining complaining and complaining. Get up and do something.

Me, I dont care anymore. One day the sun will explode and this whole planet will be turned to dust. of course I will be long gone before that so in the grand scheme of things who cares. If you dont like what they are doing do something more than crying about it, or just shut up and eat the food and be glad you can even afford it.

Just to clarify I dont agree with what Monsanto do. I just dont care anymore. I'm just here for the coffee.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Funny, I have been fighting pests in my garden for years.

Now I am rooting for the worm!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I think this is just AWESOME. It goes to show how little man can effect nature. Nature will prevail. Unfortunately, Monsanto will develop a new strain of resistant corn and the process will start all over agian. I think that if it continues to go this way, the insects will be resistant to everything in a hundred years and there will be nothing we can do to stop them from destroying crops.

No its not awesome as long as we are going to use genetically altered corns...
It actually works for Monsanto in their favor this could lead to higher prices etc...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
Funny, I have been fighting pests in my garden for years.

Now I am rooting for the worm!!

Don't. These wont stop at just GMO crops. This is bad for us all.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
These kinds of stories make me both sad and happy. I am sad because of the farmer who have to use Monsanto products to make a living, especially when the products they are paying for does not work. I also hate the fact that they will just come out with a new toxin and insects will adapt and eventually become immune to pretty much everything and crops will be hard to protect. On the other had Monsanto is evil and I love watching them fail.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So this says to me that the genetically modified food that Monsanto is peddling to us is now responsible for forcing a species to change their biology because of their food source being forcibly changed.Which in turn will change on down the line. Corporate run government at work. It sucks working for corporations and it sucks living under their rule as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Good news to hear!

Hopefully, if the bugs are immune to the bioengineered pesticides -- Monsanto will quit building it into our food and saying "trust us, our paid off FDA wouldn't let you eat this stuff if it weren't good for you -- and all the studies done for us support these ideas -- of course there are no independent studies that aren't under our umbrella."

There are ways to mitigate bugs in a natural way -- we just have to live with a bit of insect damage and rotate crops. Big Agro wants to take nature out of the equation to make more profits -- but that's not healthy for humanity or nature in the long run.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well, how do you like them apples, Monsanto?

Does not surprise me, though. Nature always finds a way around everything. Reminds me of the Jethro Tull song "Jack in the Green". In the song, he says:

Jack, do you never sleep ---
does the green still run deep in your heart?
Or will these changing times -
motor ways, powerlines,
keep us apart?
Well I don't think so -
I saw some grass growing through the pavements today!

When I was a child, the trucks used to drive through the neighborhoods spewing clouds of toxic crap to kill off the mosquitos. It would appear to work on the short term. However, the mosquitos would be back soon and with higher numbers. They would pass on the resistance to their kin and the mosquito population actually exploded as a result. In my youngers years, you might have to slap them here and there. By the time I left the area in 2003, it was unbearable to be outside. You would have to run from the house to the car and those little suckers would still find you! Yes, nature always finds a way around!
edit on 18-6-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
Good news to hear!

Again,

!THIS IS NOT GOOD NEWS!

This is very, very bad news. This is one of the biggest problems with GMO's- they will cause 'superbugs' to evolve that we will be unable to control with chemical or organic/chemical-free growing methods.

This is not limited to Monanto crops. This will effect our entire food supply, GMO or organic or 'conventional'.

From the article:

The western corn rootworm is one of the most destructive pests and historically cost U.S. farmers about $1 billion a year in damages and chemical pesticides before crops with built-in insecticide were developed. Corn fields in four states were overrun with the bugs last year, incidents that the Environmental Protection Agency suspects is a sign of increasing resistance to the insecticide

The damaged fields in Illinois have been planted with corn continuously for at least 10 years, including six consecutive years with corn engineered to produce the Cry3Bb1 protein from Bacillus thuringiensis, or Bt, a natural insecticide, Gray said. .

Bt, in case you don't know, is a very effective 'organic' pesticide used by certified Organic growers to control pests like the cabbage moth worm. As GMO'smake more and more bugs immune to this, it will mean that Organic growers will have one less tool in their arsenal to be able to grow you food.

forums2.gardenweb.com...

www.bt.ucsd.edu...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The Monsanto Weed and Feed Fertilizer Conspiracy

Since 1980, Roundup – the broad-spectrum herbicide produced by Monsanto – has been the number one selling herbicide in the United States. (1)

Mansanto is a multinational agricultural biotechnology corporation and the world’s second largest producer of genetically engineered seed (GE). The active ingredient in the Roundup weed and feed fertilizer and weed killer is glyphosate, which Monsanto developed and patented in the 1970s.

Similar to how heavy use and reliance on antibiotics has resulted in an increase in antibiotic-resistant “supergerms”, several species of weeds known as “superweeds”, have developed resistance to Roundup.

According to the National Academy of Sciences, this evolution is largely due to repeated exposure to the herbicide. (2)

As ‘Crooks and Liars’ said in a report on Monsanto:

“American farmers’ near-ubiquitous use of the weedkiller Roundup has led to the rapid growth of tenacious new superweeds.” (3)

Read More Here

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yeeeeaaaa BUDDY!!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
In case anyone wants to know how to kill a super weed if Round up does not work. It's a complicated piec of chemistry that Monsanto will surely not like people knowing about. Well here it is ...ready...it's boiling water. Pour it directly on the weed and bam! instant dead weed. Works EVERY time.
edit on 6/18/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If Monsanto think they can kill people with the food they grow or recreate, they are wrong.

Those who fight for Earth and for those who they love and keep the Earth in the best condition, then the Earth will take care of them.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

We need to stop trying to surpass nature, and accept what shes given us, and just grow our plants as best we can, without all the added BS.

Commercial farming wouldnt be so bad if theyd just rotate the fields every year, instead of pumping the soil full of chemicals for nutrients, that way the soil can naturally regenerate, and you can add organic fertilizers to speed up the process, such as manure, and ash.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Monsanto Corn Injured by Early Rootworm Feeding in Illinois

Monsanto Co. (MON) corn has been overwhelmed in parts of Illinois by rootworms that hatched a month early, renewing concern that the bugs are becoming immune to the insecticide engineered into the crop.

An “amazing” number of rootworms have emerged as adult beetles, the earliest start in at least 30 years, Michael Gray, an entomologist at the University of Illinois at Urbana, said today in an online journal. The insects “severely pruned” the roots of corn observed June 7 at a farm in Cass County, about 200 miles (322 kilometers) southwest of Chicago.

Monsanto Corn Injured by Early Rootworm Feeding in Illinois

I think this is just AWESOME. It goes to show how little man can effect nature. Nature will prevail. Unfortunately, Monsanto will develop a new strain of resistant corn and the process will start all over agian. I think that if it continues to go this way, the insects will be resistant to everything in a hundred years and there will be nothing we can do to stop them from destroying crops.

I also heard some stories of weeds becoming resistant to the herbacides that companies like Monsanto make as well. I can't find any news about it on the internet though. Just thought I would share.

Would be nice if nature fought back and grew a Monsanto eating superbug and wiped the evil sobs out!
Limbo
(Excellent post BTW I chuckled when I read it for the right reasons!)
edit on 18-6-2012 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Bt, in case you don't know, is a very effective 'organic' pesticide used by certified Organic growers to control pests like the cabbage moth worm.

No, I knew about that. Monsanto has taken this organic pesticide and put it in the plants -- in this case, that doesn't make bugs more or less likely to adapt to it because some will die, some won't.

Since they've already put the pesticide IN HUMANS -- losing it's effectiveness on bugs MIGHT mean that Monsanto will quit using it -- but I figure that since it's not getting them sued now, they'll probably just leave that crap in there.

>> The bugs are going to get resistant because NOBODY is going to push the market to be rational -- Monsanto makes a lot of money and has a lot of lobbyists -- the bad guys win. Nothing new here.

Super Bugs will likely be inevitable. The GOOD NEWS is that if pesticides fail -- then Agro Business that isn't inside of a hydroponics lab will be forced to go back to good farming techniques that don't create resistance (like rotating crops, smaller patches, and not trying to kill every bug).

I'm not saying that resistant bugs are GOOD -- I'm saying that; "seeing as how resistant bugs are inevitable, it's good that something that is bad for both humans and bugs might stop being used because it won't make money." The only way Bugs can truly hurt us is if they learn to secret money and can then hire politicians.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join