It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama requires photo ID and SS number for book signing

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So then, explain this simple thing: HOW is this hypocritical? What part fits the definition of hypocrisy?

Hypocrisy –

a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
link

This administration claims it’s wrong to check voters ID’s to protect our election process but they don’t have any reservations about the SS checking ID’s at Michelle’s book tour for her personal protection.

If this administration really believed it was wrong or some kind of civil rights violation to check ID’s then it shouldn’t be done under ANY circumstance; they don’t get to pick and choose!

Either its wrong or its not!!

Their actions are hypocritical....Get it?

No and let me explain why. In one case people, the courts and the constitiom oppose voter ID laws because they can be used as tools to keep people from voting. In other words checking IDs may allow people to deny access to to valid voters. In the case of the SS they want to keep certain people out because they may be dangerous. Of course no of really believe the President or First Lady conrtrol the SS securty policies but, if they did then in both cases the use of ID would be used to keep someone from doing something.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

No and let me explain why. In one case people, the courts and the constitiom oppose voter ID laws because they can be used as tools to keep people from voting. In other words checking IDs may allow people to deny access to to valid voters. In the case of the SS they want to keep certain people out because they may be dangerous. Of course no of really believe the President or First Lady conrtrol the SS securty policies but, if they did then in both cases the use of ID would be used to keep someone from doing something.

How do you propose we verify the eligibility of voters without ID check with so many illegals running around?

How do you propose the SS verify a person’s background without ID check?

The answer to both is YOU CAN’T! Besides, many illegals have a driver license but I bet those same illegals wouldn’t have passed the SS check to get in to see Michelle.

Holder is going after Texas because he needs the Hispanic vote; these traitors WANT illegals to vote. Do you? I sure don’t.

Everyone in this day and age has a photo ID and there is nothing unconstitutional about proving who you are before you cast a vote….that liberal excuse is BS and you know it!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This does seem like a weird requirement for a book signing.

Some of the arguments used in opposition to the OP concerning past first ladies were actually requirements for the press and NOT the average person.

I think it really boils down to....They know many people hate them and don't want to be heckled or glitter bombed or what ever to hurt their elitist pride.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowsnow

I think it really boils down to....They know many people hate them and don't want to be heckled or glitter bombed or what ever to hurt their elitist pride.

....And they know many people won’t be voting for them so they pander to illegal immigrants to get more (illegal) votes.

The excuses they use to justify going after voter ID is obvious BS because they can’t be applied across the board; hence the claim of hypocrisy!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by poppycock
who cares?

Originally posted by poppycock
who gives a rat's ass?

Freedom loving Americans who expect to be represented in Washington instead of ruled over by Washington. I am so sick of these elitists and their fanboys on the internet.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I am wondering who is helping Han Solo fly the falcon.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I do not often agree with you. But today I cannot avoid it.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

but the article just says one must SHOW an ID and SS#... they didn't say they would be doing a background search... so neither the ID nor the SS# need to be legit.

If they don't actually check a government database, what good is requiring the IDs? It would seem meaningless.
edit on 6/17/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
When right wingers get desperate their stories get sillier and sillier.

Stick to the real reasons why Obama is bad, not garbage stories like this, they just make you look bad.

edit on 17-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Yeah, big deal. I wouldn't want her autograph if she paid me to take it.
We require a valid birth certificate for Presidency....she can tell her husband that.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

When right wingers get desperate their stories get sillier and sillier.

Stick to the real reasons why Obama is bad, not garbage stories like this, they just make you look bad.

It’s hypocrisy whether I like Obama or not!

How about you address the issues rather attack me….too hard for you?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I do not often agree with you. But today I cannot avoid it.

Now that’s honesty!

I respect that. Many who have responded failed to check their agenda at the door!

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Are you serious?

She's exposing herself to the public and to a situation which can become violent.

This has nothing to do with hypocrisy, voting lol, or Jim Crowe laws

This is trash

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't blame her. She probably had secret service cameras on her and they were checking to make sure there weren't any extremists trying to get in to shoot her or something. There are too many nut jobs out there and she's the First Lady of the US.
Laura Bush would probably have done the same thing. If she didn't, she would be very stupid.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

How do you propose we verify the eligibility of voters without ID check with so many illegals running around?

Grow up. Turn 18. Go vote. See what happens in the real world. I do not show ID to vote. My vote has never been stolen from me. Why is that?

Hint: I understand how voting actually works.

How about you tell me what I am supposed to be so worried about?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
THIS IS MY OPINION AND ONLY MY OPINION. First of all people who think that the ID and SS# are part of some Secret Service tactic to protect Michelle Obama amaze me. Are you telling me when there is a rally or a speech given that the Secret Service collects everyones ID and SS# in the crowd? No, they don't but they do stand guard and perform surveillance.

Secondly, it is stated right on your Social Security card that said card is NOT TO BE USED AS A FORM OF ID.
There is no way the Secret Service was running IDs and SS#'s of people in the crowd. Although I am sure later they were entered into a data base for use at the Fusion Centers and for other things.

One more thing. "Secret Service" = SS as in the notorious SS. Why not call the Presidential guards or White House Security. Just say'n

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

Are you serious?

She's exposing herself to the public and to a situation which can become violent.

This has nothing to do with hypocrisy, voting lol, or Jim Crowe laws

This is trash

I must ask…did you even read the thread or just a portion of the OP before you threw down your post?
My guess is the latter…just saying!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kcs7272

If the politicians did signings for complete strangers afterward, you're dam right they would call for said info.

Think about what you're saying. No one can knife a politician or a first lady when they're behind a podium. A book signing is a personal thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
All of my Mexican Illegal friends will be so disappointed.

They want a copy of her book to practice reading English.
edit on 17/6/12 by RainbeauBleu because: Second line added.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Grow up. Turn 18. Go vote. See what happens in the real world. I do not show ID to vote. My vote has never been stolen from me. Why is that?

Hint: I understand how voting actually works.

How about you tell me what I am supposed to be so worried about?

Then you live in a small town where they recognize you by sight, otherwise, they'd ask for your ID. That's part of the law. If one of the poll workers don't recognize you, you have to show proof of who you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join