It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Man still held prisoner without any charges.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
www.freemikehawash.org...

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, our friend and colleague Maher (Mike) Hawash was arrested ("detained") as a "material witness" by the FBI and the Joint Terrorism Task Force in the parking lot of Intel Corp's Hawthorne Farms offices. Simultaneously, FBI agents in bulletproof vests and carrying assault rifles awoke Mike's wife Lisa and their three children in the home, which they proceeded to search. Since then, Mike has been held without charge in the Federal Prison at Sheridan, OR. All proceedings in his case are secret.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:40 AM
link   
There are 9 men in Belmarsh prison in the UK right now.

All been there for over a year all being held as Alquieda terrorism suspects ... So far none of them have been charged with any crime and none have had a trial. This case is actually being dealt with by Amnesty International.

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
How is possible to keep a person in held, while there is no charges against him? Is that legal?
At least what does the american constitution says about this issue? Hold a person without any accusations?

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
From all of the tv shows i have seen, i think they say you can be help 24hours without evidence. I am not sure if that is right, just what i think is.

top topics

join