It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles riots figure Rodney King found dead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I still think he was murdered....I am sure he has been living at this house for years, and his fiance would of kept him in check....Since she was a part of the jury of his trial...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I saw the guy on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew and he looked ill. He has battled his personal demons for years. My guess would be accidental drowning, suicide, or an abrupt health issue occurred while he was in the water. I really don't think he would have been "SILENCED" all these years later.

People still use his "Can't we all just get along" as punchlines and he had addictions which would have also took most of his credibility away. Nobody needed to do that for him. Those that would ":silence" people for a living would not concern themselves with someone who could so easily discredit himself.

JMHO though.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

I still think he was murdered...

This has got to be one of the most inane statements I saw on this board for years.

I do think that Michael Jackson being murdered is pretty far out, but this one is outright idiotic.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I completely get you, do you think if some cops beat you down, you would get a pool?

Heck No.

What about the Marine who got the tear gas canister to his head, first is he ok, and where is his pool?

I felt Rodney profited too much off an incident that happens regularly.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

I completely get you, do you think if some cops beat you down, you would get a pool?

Heck No.

What about the Marine who got the tear gas canister to his head, first is he ok, and where is his pool?

Everyone who leads the police on a high speed chase while being drunk deserves all of his bones to be broken with batons, and not a freaking pool and any sort of fame. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help the cops. Freedom? My ass. Stupidity that was not punished? Sure.

Rodney, rot in hell.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Everyone who leads the police on a high speed chase while being drunk

So he was only drunk?.....If that is the case then the beating was overkill...You don't beat a drunk person like that regardless...Especially when they don't show threat...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
In November 1989, King robbed a store in Monterey Park, California. He threatened to hit the Korean store owner with an iron bar he was carrying, then hit him with a pole. King stole $200 in the robbery. He was convicted, sentenced to two years imprisonment and released after serving a year

Just think if he would of served his full sentence the L.A. riots wouldn't of happened he would of still been in prison.

He beats a guy with a pole for $200. The police beat him after he rushed at them for over way over a million.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

The point is like Trayvon? Who had more credible evidence?..Last time I saw Rodney King he was doing an interview about Trayvon Martin.....Jackson, and Sharpton tried to make this a civil issue with no substantial evidence, but of course with Rodney King his unlawful beating was substantial enough eh? Video? Yup......
edit on 18-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Heck No.

Are you serious? Happens regularly? You're delusional if you think what happened to Rodney King happens "regularly". Sure,the police get out of hand sometimes but to make the statement you just did is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

www.policebrutality.info...

This guy gives his sources, and some statistics around Rodney Kings beating in other cities.
www.ehow.com...

Rodney's beating started he Riots , which is rare, but excessive force by police is not a rare.

How many times have we heard this?

What about peaceful protester who was in critical condition?

What about that poor Kelly Thomas who was brutally murdered not too long ago?

How many of these videos have we seen?

Now imagine the ones never reported.
edit on 18-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

What about that poor Kelly Thomas who was brutally murdered not too long ago?

Your right Kelly Thomas being a poor white man beaten by police didn't get as much NEWS time...Rodney paved the way for police brutality regardless....Over use of force....Police have been doing this since Kent State....Kelly Thomas didn't make an impact on people because he wasn't able to say - "can't we all just get along".

A schizo yet his dad never took him in?
edit on 18-6-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Extralien

Why would he be a target though? After the riots died down, no one had heard of him since that I'm aware of. He became a household name after the tape, but after the riots unless you were talking about the tape or the riots, you never mentioned his name. At least no one I know ever did.

Well, we used his name as a verb... "Rodney Kinged his @#!"

Does that count?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I was wondering the very same question, unless running off and sleeping on benches was rare, why was he not properly cared for? There are many mentally ill people, and there seems to be this mentality that everyone is on something. Kelly Thomas lost his life for sitting on a bench, no one makes barely a peep.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

It seems obvious his dad never gave a rats ass about him until he was beaten...Why was he homeless first off? Get money...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Insane people are so demanding that it is no wonder the father had given up.......
Caring for somebody like this can be expensive and a full time job as well as emotionaly destructive.....
Blame the cops NOT the father

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
As was evident to everyone who watched that stupid reality TV show he was on .. the guy didn't have the healthiest life style. And he wasn't a nice guy .. he beat up women ... so he had anger issues and those aren't good for your heart or blood pressure. There is no conspiracy here ... he just died. The end.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
the riots were down to people seeing this beating....

the riots were down to people who saw an opportunity to steal and loot using King as an excuse ...

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
tech.mit.edu...
www.youtube.com...

And of course the rioters .. who supposedly were all up in arms over racism ... they themselves went out and racially targetted KOREAN AMERICANS - looting their stores and damaging their goods and beating them up. :shk:

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by rebellender

Thanks for sharing that video,I've never seen that one.I was 14 when that happened,it was crazy.And you are absolutely correct,he was beaten because he was white.I fear the same is going to happen if George Zimmerman is found not guilty.It will not surprise me if it does.But that's for another thread.

As for King,who cares?He's a nobody as many in this thread have pointed out.It's a shame when anybody dies,but really,it doesn't have to be reported on.

sadly everybody is a nobody when we are in a crowd.Rodney brought an awareness that problems associated with Race will never go away. I dont like to admit but often say "Lotty Dotty Every Body" is a racist. I am convinced its neither a learned trait nor genetic but some kind of Genetic Characteristic of Behavior,,,like an instinct. I truly believe we, are in complete denial of this and due to social, trade-commerce we have been forced into a tolerance over the years that doesnt come natural.

Sorry I am just being real. and this being said there will always be wars and conflict over race,

Losing track of "tolerance of others" is the fight of the next generation

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Heck No.

Everyone who leads the police on a high speed chase while being drunk deserves all of his bones to be broken with batons, and not a freaking pool and any sort of fame. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help the cops. Freedom? My ass. Stupidity that was not punished? Sure.

Rodney, rot in hell.

You are out of your mind, why not just hire a vigilante crew for free? The police are supposed to keep themselves composed and civil, even when others around them are not being civil. That is why they are paid money and given the position of authority. They should only beat someone in order to subdue that person because they are a threat to them, not because the lowlife didnt respect their authority and their ego was hurt.

If you want to live in a country where the police will beat you for such things as they did to this low life rodney then go to some backwater third world country.

I wonder if you would be singing the same tune if a police officer beat you or someone close to you down. The police are supposed to be better than average people and lead by example in how to conduct themselves, unless the person is a threat then they can shoot them etc. Was Rodney a threat?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Well if someone did want him dead, getting a couple of guys to hold him down in the pool would produce almost identical autopsy results as an accidental drowning. The only difference would be the possibility of marks or bruises on his body, as most people would struggle mightily in a situation like that. But two people, if they jumped in the pool as well, could probably force a person's head under the water by restraining the person, possibly without all that much bruising, if any.

That's horrible to think about, and I would hate to have that happen to anyone. It's still terrible if it was accidental, but even worse if it was homicide. I say always have someone with you when going swimming, just in case. You never know when something could happen that is beyond your control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join