It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles riots figure Rodney King found dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Sad story. I wonder what caused his death. I suspect either natural causes, intoxication leading to drowning or the guy just tripped, bumped his head and fell in or something. It happens, pools can be dangerous no matter how sober you are.

My impression of the guy is that he was a bit hapless, but probably decent hearted. My dad was a parole officer and had a few guys like that. Never meant any harm but always seemed to get themselves into trouble: either injuries or very minor crimes, usually to survive or due to substance abuse problems, and always got caught. A couple of these guys he was pretty good friends with because they were always in and out of the system, or he tried to help by getting them into programs and they were eternally grateful to him so they got friendly. (My dad always made a distinction between guys like that who were really trying and never meant any harm and the truly hard cases where the guy was just plain bad news.)

The thread is bringing up a lot of memories of when this all happened. I was in my sophomore year at college and when I heard the news, which spread really quickly word-of-mouth on campus, I went to the dorm room of one of my good friends, whom I knew had a TV. I told him, we flipped the news on and already the riots were just beginning (we saw the tail end of the incident with the truck driver which was pretty much the start of everything). I spent all night watching the fires on my TV in my own room, just kind of dumbfounded by it all. I remember one particular moment where the helicopter made a long pan of the city at night and everywhere they looked there were fires burning, and more starting pretty much every couple of minutes or so.

A couple of years later I became good friends with a guy who transferred into my school from one of the schools in LA (forget which). He had lived through the riots there and told me a wild story about when he and four other friends loaded up one of their jeeps with weapons (aluminum bats and guns), drove down to where another of their good friends was living in an off campus apartment near USC where he was a student (USC is very close to where the riots started). They went down to basically rescue him, get him out of his place and to a safer part of town. They got their friend out without altercations, but they were ready to throw down if they had to, he said. Insane!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

WOW,

where did that come from. You have some issues with white people do you?

Honestly, where does your tone come from.

If crimes have been perpetrated against you and you can show cause please act with the Judicial System in your county of state.

Certainly one can claim that Americans are slave to Crapitalism but thats a gripe.

Otherwise Slavery was Abolished in The British Empire in 1833,French and Danish Colonies in 1848 and on Sept.22 1862 Abe abolished Slavery here in America.

The assassination of Martin Luther King jr. April 4th 1968 brought on a Martyr if you will where America was shocked into a "Live and let Live" era where we did put down the hate of race and through tolerance and education things are a far cry different from the tension from years prior.

While we can all agree that the police officers were dead wrong with the Beating of Rodney King,
what were the color of skin on the promoters of this violence show on this video, its not Reg Denny

Google Video Link

if you dont mind can you please graphically state what you intended to communicate ....

"cant we all just get along" is a very common cliche' used over and over again.

Of course we should always get along, after all, we are all human contributors to the race of life

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

Also Im saying because he was a ghetto black person that yes he was used to eating unhealthy food

So you are saying " Ghetto blacks" most likely eat junk and are unhealthy. Wow! On a roll.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying, unequivocally make no mistake in my language, most of them do. Prove me wrong.

It is not racist or ignorant like I said sometimes it is from pure lack of better options.

I admire your courage to say it like that, because you are absolutely correct.

I feel the exact same way, and I am black.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Not everything is a conspiracy. People drown in pools every year.

Besides that, Rodney King- while being credited as the cause of the LA riots, is not entirely an accurate statement. Abuses to minorities had been occurring in LA for a VERY long time. The Rodney King beating may have pushed things over the edge since it had been captured on video and police were still set free- but it was not the root cause of the riots.

Rodney King himself turned out to be a complete embarrassment as a human being. After winning such a huge settlement from the State for his beating, he did not do much but party and continue to have legal problems because of it. Which just so happens to be why he found himself in the position he was in at the time of his beating to begin with. There is no reason to target Rodney King 20 years after the fact. He was not going to change the world or bring any type of social change that could be considered a threat to anyone. The truth is, Rodney King was no Saint, not a model citizen, not a leader of any kind nor was he any kind of an Icon. He was a criminal. He was a criminal who had his rights violated and suffered a severe beating at the hands of police, who themselves broke the law.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

this is an attempt to embed the video that failed in previous post

this man what not beaten because he committed a crime.

He was beaten because he was WHITE.

reply to post by thePharaoh
what i saw from the riots....is that white american people dont conceed anything unless they have to....

in the mess of the moment, what would you have this White Gentleman say?
edit on 17-6-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

www.pe.com...

There was a argument between his girl friend and him, neighbors were telling them to keep it down. Police do not suspect foul play.

Maybe they aren't really making him a priority for payback?

Either something was in his system, a undiagnosed medical condition, a injury, or foul play. Most adults don't drown without contributing factors. Rodney was 47 and owned a pool, I doubt he couldn't swim.
edit on 17-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

... and living like a black?

seems like you colored those lines in all by yourself there. shadowherder. [pun intended]

there aint much funnier than hypocritical racism or bias these days.

shadowherder

FTW

edit on 17-6-2012 by Annie Mossity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Besides that, Rodney King- while being credited as the cause of the LA riots, is not entirely an accurate statement. Abuses to minorities had been occurring in LA for a VERY long time. The Rodney King beating may have pushed things over the edge since it had been captured on video and police were still set free- but it was not the root cause of the riots.

This is very true, and it wasn't just in L.A. I remember when the riots happened it was clearly a huge shock for much of America that made a lot of people realize how uneven this kind of treatment had been and just how very angry many were about it.

Added to that, the L.A. police were not just abusive to minorities, but in many ways had long been overbearing to pretty much anyone (though minorities had it way worse, that's for certain). But the police in that city could get really nasty to anyone, even during routine traffic stops, abusing the power they had just because they could. The King beating was just on example of how extreme that sort of thing could get, especially when a minority was involved.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

TPTB were very upset at the outcome of the King riots. They realized that when the SHTF, TPTB are quite powerless and the common man gained much ground.

You mean, the two common men who beat a truck driver in the head with a brick, in the riots following the King case? So that's cool when run by you?

Why exactly are you comparing a drunken driver high speed chase case with SHTF?

Go back to your cup of hot farina.

Criminals shall be criminals.

edit on 17-6-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Rodney King himself turned out to be a complete embarrassment as a human being. After winning such a huge settlement from the State for his beating, he did not do much but party and continue to have legal problems because of it.

Thanks for being lucid.

The truth is, Rodney King was no Saint, not a model citizen, not a leader of any kind nor was he any kind of an Icon. He was a criminal.

...and a piece of sh!t.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There was no foul play signs on Breitbart's body when he was found dead, it was a heart attack. But since he's white and a shill for the right people on here are constantly creating threads saying that Obama had him killed.

Anyways I'm not saying Rodney King was murdered, but I wouldn't rule it out of the equation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Anyways I'm not saying Rodney King was murdered, but I wouldn't rule it out of the equation.

Hmm. Why on Earth would anyone care to spend time, effort and money to eliminate a worthless POS?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
is it a shock he dies after years of stress ?

only around here

he was silenced !!!!

lol

silenced from what excactly ?

lol

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Who knows? Seems like you do despise him quite a bit going by your language. So you never know.
edit on 6/17/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

His girlfriend was arguing with him before he died, outside by the pool. It may have been domestic.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Thanks for sharing that video,I've never seen that one.I was 14 when that happened,it was crazy.And you are absolutely correct,he was beaten because he was white.I fear the same is going to happen if George Zimmerman is found not guilty.It will not surprise me if it does.But that's for another thread.

As for King,who cares?He's a nobody as many in this thread have pointed out.It's a shame when anybody dies,but really,it doesn't have to be reported on.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

He was interviewed before his death and he stated he spent all his 1.5 million compensation. He was broke.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
After him doing the Trayvon interview...I kind of knew he was next....He was murdered....Don't know how, but this is something that wouldn't have happened if Rodney King became an icon of African American justice.....

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Yeah,it couldn't be that maybe dude didn't take care of himself and died of a heart attack or something?

He's not that important.If he was murdered,it was someone he knew

To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

His girlfriend was arguing with him before he died, outside by the pool. It may have been domestic.

Sheesh, I never thought about this angle. Actually, I don't want to think about it either.

I worked hard as long as I can remember, and that stupid piece of turd has a pool --- and I don't. Makes you wonder.

Good bye, Mr. King, and rot in hell. You were driving drunk and people did suffer, and you got your vastly undeserved pool.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join