It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Valensole Affair - Humanoid Mischief in 1965

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

All this way for Lavender? I think it is as I thought and the whole earth is the closest apothecary for light years. Notice beings who visit are frequently gathering things from the fields.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
So interstellar aliens, in their infinite wisdom, can't elude a farmer or bother scanning the area beforehand to make sure it's clear?

And they have to be physically present in order to harvest or experiment on plants?

And why come to a farmer's land for lavender? There's fields of it existing in nature horizons away from civilization.
edit on 18-6-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This is what I think. For whatever reason, they baited this man by messing with his crop, knowing that this would illicit a response. He does find the lavender bushes messed with, comes back out the next day and closely approaches them which is exactly what they are waiting for. They "zap" him, abduct him and then return him to the same spot. Again, for whatever reason. The man reports later that he was standing there watching the craft and the next minute it was just gone (insert missing time). He is numb for sometime after, is "tired" and sleeps a lot.

Even he says there is something he is not telling but is also sure they mean no harm. I wonder that happened to him during the missing time?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Because you shouldn't think 'another dimension' is the only possibility. I've read sources who were speaking of you know, moving from one dimension to another. First of all they may not have been from another dimension, second of all, they may have brought themselves to the current dimension. Third of all, not a single picture of anything? Even the marks on the ground? This reminds me of another case with fishermen and some being that appeared in the forest and offered him to take a pill. It's has no evidence of ever happening.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Love the story, and your writing isn't bad either!

I like that there are similarities in a lot of these older encounters.

I find it easier to believe this, than anything i'd hear or read about today, because the people reporting the encounters just seem to have nothing to gain from making up a story about meeting little green men. I mean they were farmers, military men even.

nice thread, read it all!

loved your little illustrations! Very good!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
This is what I think. For whatever reason, they baited this man by messing with his crop, knowing that this would illicit a response. He does find the lavender bushes messed with, comes back out the next day and closely approaches them which is exactly what they are waiting for. They "zap" him, abduct him and then return him to the same spot. Again, for whatever reason. The man reports later that he was standing there watching the craft and the next minute it was just gone (insert missing time). He is numb for sometime after, is "tired" and sleeps a lot.

Even he says there is something he is not telling but is also sure they mean no harm. I wonder that happened to him during the missing time?

Great reply, good questions.

It's too bad that this guy decided to keep that secret..well a secret.

It's also interesting to ponder the missing time, to think that he didn't even realize he had been gone.

Great questions !!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

great post kandinsky
ive read about this case in so many ufo/alien books
its a real gem and one that makes me think something deffinately happened
all the sightings around this time hold merit with me
it makes me think whoever they were and from came on an expedition of the earth in the 40s/50s then left

another case that is very hard to believe but yet is believable is the eagle river case

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
and heres a link with some truly great cases from this period
just click thru the pages.
starts from 1930 thru 2005 (the later ones are a bit :dn

heres the link
UFO evidence

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

So interstellar aliens, in their infinite wisdom, can't elude a farmer or bother scanning the area beforehand to make sure it's clear?

It would appear it is not too great a concern to them. Many different "species" would appear to equip themselves with tube-looking or pistol-looking devices that have the ability to completely paralyse a human. Add to that the fact that they can retreat into a craft that can seemingly move so fast it vanishes would make them feel relatively safe without further precautions.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I agree that there would be no need to evade him. He is not a threat, and quite possibly what they came to study, as others have stated.

I am convinced of the benevolence of most, if not all ET's. Taking for granted that they exist in the first place of course. Greer has a lot of detractors, but I still think he is spot on in this regard. The cold blooded, heartless, fear evoking 'greys' are a fabrication of those who want to keep us afraid and manipulatable. Don't believe it people.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Ahh yes quality vintage UFOLOGY..

No school like the old school baby.

I wish we could time travel just so we could get some decent UFO reports. The idiots that claim encounters these days are mostly attention whores in desperate need of ego gratification. Thanks for doing the hard work and bringing this case to the mass audience it deserves. I wish more of the UFO vet's who know of quality vintage cases such as this with evidence left in the form of soil changes and pictures would post threads.

We could sorely do with a change around here. All the garbage that is filling up this site is starting to stink.

S&F man well done.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Very well-written, you bring quality to ATS. Keep writing more posts.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh ya what he saw is most likely what they wanted him to see, in fact the whole thing can just be implanted memories for whatever stupid ass reasons.

But anyways freaking little punk thiefs, who knows what else they took and stole besides data from his head and lavender plants. We need to put a ban on these thief's before they come around and steal more stuff. Never trust sneaky people or aliens.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The only question on my mind is:

Did they make him pancakes?

You cant make this stuff up folks.

Aliens make farmer pancakes

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andromedabound
I agree that there would be no need to evade him. He is not a threat, and quite possibly what they came to study, as others have stated.

I am convinced of the benevolence of most, if not all ET's. Taking for granted that they exist in the first place of course. Greer has a lot of detractors, but I still think he is spot on in this regard. The cold blooded, heartless, fear evoking 'greys' are a fabrication of those who want to keep us afraid and manipulatable. Don't believe it people.

Propaganda much?

If ETs were really benevolent, they'd figure out---and ask---what we would want.

For instance, open official diplomatic relations, file flight plans, fly with transponders, and participate with our scientists on their expeditions. They could scoop out all the lavender they wanted in these circumstances.

So far, the "greys" seem to be quite precisely 'heartless', unemotional, and naturally fear-evoking as they have superior technology and no desire to explain themselves or fit into our social system legally.

If the stories could be treated as empirical evidence (rather a stretch), grey ETs seem to be 100% focused on their needs, and 0% concerned about our needs. "benevolence" is the epitome of not being so. True, they are not gratuitously aggressive, like a bloodthirsty sport hunter, but that doesn't mean they are benevolent.

(We don't even seem to be worth enough to be worth converting to their religion or whatever, which might be regarded as a very misguided kind of benevolence for the true believers)

If we could fly to some ET planet with a complex technological civilization which didn't have interstellar flight, would we behave like the supposed 'grey ETs'? No, we'd be on our best behavior.

edit on 18-6-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

post by mbkennel
If we could fly to some ET planet with a complex technological civilization which didn't have interstellar flight, would we behave like the supposed 'grey ETs'? No, we'd be on our best behavior.

I admire your faith in Humankind , but I see nothing in our history to suggest that would be the case .
We may arrive offering the hand of friendship but I think we would leave with what we wanted in our pockets and devastation in our wake .... I wouldn't trust us and I'm one of us

I don't really equate movies with real life but I think the corporate exploitation seen in Avatar would probably be closer to the mark .... the bottom line is money , nobody gives a ..... (Boom SOAD)

edit on 18-6-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

We may arrive offering the hand of friendship but I think we would leave with what we wanted in our pockets and devastation in our wake .... I wouldn't trust us and I'm one of us

Agreed. For instance we have spaceships outward bound with welcoming golden disks on them; as well as 10 lbs. of decaying plutonium. Hows that for an envoy?

I think the reason people report missing time boils down to two possibilities. Either:

they really had a good time on board giving their "DNA" to the pretty aliens, and don't want to talk about it. Their wives may be listening and who cares what everyone thinks of their experience anyway... she was so fiiiinnne!

Or their mind really is blanked. The reason for that has to be somewhere along the lines of knowing to much about the "reality" of life as we know it. Would upset the paradigm too much, that sort of thing. Kind of like Adam and Eve in the original garden (first greenhouse). They saw the genetic tree of life, so they had to be scolded and evicted. Too much knowledge can be a self defeating thing.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by gortex

The guy that did that illustration should be shot. I am familiar with that software and immediately notice that the shed and the mountain are floating above the ground.

Cool story though.

I don't know about shot, but given a mega-wedgie or something...you probably notice that stuff all the time? As do I. Sometimes knowing how stuff is created can create a "special eye"
I have been known to ruin the fun for others due to certain insights

S& F for the OP, nice read on a Monday work-shift...
edit on 18-6-2012 by exdog5 because: funky fingers (happy monday)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Good work on this thread.
New to me.

To me something happened, and he was quite sincere also.

Id be scared beyong beleif if I cam face to face with ET's.

Im sure there are many encounters that have not been reported.
Probly most are not.

Many strange encounters have happened all over.

Thanks for your work on the thread.

Molly

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The frequency with which the 'little people' were described in the 50s and 60s seems like a mystery all by itself.

I have a pet theory that something happened in the early 1950s that really damaged or skewed our timeline. Don't know what. It's just a feeling. You can see it in old movies. Up until that time, even with the War, things were okay. Then everything started going haywire. Nuclear testing? Maybe these folks so often described were sent back from the future to figure out what happened, or to try and minimize the damage somehow.

Humanoid but with big heads, small mouths
Jumpsuits
Teams of two
Working with machines (testing)
Egg-shaped ship
Ground traces
Time manipulation

P.S. -- After re-familiarizing myself with the case a bit, I'm still intrigued by investigator suggestions that Masse didn't tell the whole story. Many felt that Masse had a longer, more direct interaction/communication with the occupants, and that the ship would sometimes return over the years and he wouldn't tell anybody about it. Maybe they asked him to keep a secret.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join