It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ironic? RFID promoters don't like being tracked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Wow, how irinic is it that the promoters of the RFID chip feel its uncomfortable to be tracked. Wouldn't you call these people hypocritical???

www.theregister.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Sweet post!
So I guess they are a do as we say, not as we do idea.
I understand the need to track inventory-especially for lare corporation that move lareg quanties of goods.
I just want a way to shut the devices off/distroy them, before u leave the store.
In book stores they put magnetic strips in the book and or spine. As u checkout, the strip is demagnitzed-if this were done-and yes it would need to be proven that it was really being done, this would probably end most of this problem-IMO.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks, I believe the beginning of the RFID chips are only the beginning of a much more intense campaign for global tracking of people. Methods such as credit/debit cards and cellphones allow that now to a degree. RFID chips will continue to acclamate the public to tracking even further. Hidden under the guise of adevertising etc. "Some say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions." Other tracking methods planned for the future will continue to come under the areas of knowing where your children are at all times and tracking of the elderly. After a generation is used to growing up with these simple tracking methods it will be easier to slide more into place. Chips in Money, driver's licenses, etc.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
By the way, you can microwave the RFID chips to disable them or remove the antenna connectionto the chip, or just stab a hole through the chip. Here a link on recognizing and disabling RFID Chips.
www.spychips.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Dude...l gotta find plans on how to make a hand held microwave emitter!!!

E_T

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Wow, how irinic is it that the promoters of the RFID chip feel its uncomfortable to be tracked. Wouldn't you call these people hypocritical???
Well, of course governments/corporations (especially US gov is just expansion of corporations) want to track their citizens.
But you can bet that they don't want citizens to know their doings.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Just be careful where you buy your clothing. I know Walmart and Benetton are using the RFIDs. There will be more to come. Just keep your eyes open.

top topics

join