It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life And Consciousness is it's all an illusion Did my Mind and thoughts create the world.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
In the Beginning There was nothing So how did it happen? Life.? Why did it happen? Scientists believe that about 13.7 billion years ago a powerful explosion called the Big Bang happened and universe came into existence. the universe is The vast empty space around us that consists of stars solar system galaxies.

So out of that came life.? Why.? So we are all alive and conscious right. And i'm going to get old and die. Whats up with that.? Why do we get life for if in the end we will die.? It just dont add up. What's the point if in the end we die. Unless it's all an illusion. So why dose it seem so real. We have like five senses. 1 We can hear. 2 We can see. 3 We can smell things. 4 We can taste things. 5 We can feel things like pain and touch. 6 i see dead people. Without these senses the world dose not exist for me. Did my Mind and thoughts create the world.? Think about it. Do we really exist on some obscure planet. Going around a big ball of fire.

Is it possible consciousness transcends both time and space? throughout Eternity.?

edit on 17-6-2012 by terry456 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
does a fish fart in water ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by terry456

Ahhh, the plight of the lonely solipsist ...

To answer your question, I believe the external world to be objectively real in that it exists independent of my puny little brain and all the other puny little brains put together. If I die tomorrow, y'all will still be kickin in here in the milky way, the darkest corner of the universe ...

Cheers

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

yeah its weird huh?, i know where you comin from but to me that road leads to schizophrenia....
life is suppose to be a 'lesson', to learn. well, thats if you believe in re-incarnation and all that stuff.
check this link too, pretty cool. link

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

something had to have created that instance ,my good man , and yes life happen!? are you real ? are you here ? .... never mind don't answer that

now picture this , we might just be living in the matrix

www.simulation-argument.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Interesting question Terry.

I can see that you wonder if there is nothing but you. I asked myself this question multiple times. Probably will do it again sometime.

But..(just introducing my case, relax! no need for that particular cognitive operation you just started, no need to label me like that.........) I believe there is a reason for asking this particular question. It's a damn good one too, probably the best ever....

You never really answered my post on your dream thread. Remember that one?

bye!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

[color=33FFF1]'Right Where It Belongs'

[color=21CBFF]see the animal in his cage that you built?
are you sure what side you're on?
better not look him too closely in the eye...
are you sure what side of the glass you are on?

see the safety of the life you have built?
everything where it belongs...
feel the hollowness inside of your heart
and it's all right where it belongs...

[color=00FFFF]what if everything around you isn't quite as it seems?
what if all the world you think you know is an elaborate dream?
and if you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be?
what if you could look right through the cracks,
would you find yourself..... .....find yourself afraid to see?

[color=21CBFF]what if all the world's inside of your head?
just creations of your own...
your devils and your gods
All the living and the dead
and you're really all alone

you can live in this illusion
you can choose to believe
you keep looking but you can't find the woods
while you're hiding in the trees

[color=00FFFF]what if everything around you isn't quite as it seems?
what if all the world you used to know is an elaborate dream?
and if you look at your reflection, is that all you want to be?
what if you could look right through the cracks,
would you find yourself..... .....find yourself afraid to see?

edit on 6/17/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well Buddhist philosophy teaches everything is an illusion and TBH no one can see the real world because if you think about it we only have 6 points of contact to the world they are our senses.

How do we know how accurate our senses are i mean we can only see a certain spectrum of light nothing else, we can TBH not smell to great compared to other animals. are ears can only hear from about 80Hz upto about 15Khz (depends on your age) out taste is constantly being battered with products with MSG in and our sense of touch can also be tricked confused.

these 5 points of contact we have to the world leads us to build the world in our head are own model of how we think the worlds works and is. no one knows the real world, they only know the model in their head that they call the real world.
edit on 17-6-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Your mind and thoughts are an interpretation of your senses and cognitive abilities of what you define as reality, I can feel your frustration, it is not possible to think on our existence and get answers within the limited mind. I believe that for one to truly get a grasp of truth he needs to be somewhat out of his mind, stepping outside from all he thinks there is and simply observe without trying to interpret experiences into definitions.

It reminds me of something Osho wrote in one of his books... Let's say there is a child and a flower, the child sees a flower for the first time and he's very enthusiastic about the flower, it's shape, it's colors, the child looks at the flower with big eyes like it is the most beautiful creation he has seen in his life, he lets the relaxing presence of the flower soak into him, filling him with joy and love, and then his mom came to the child and tells him: "that is a flower". From now on, he will never be the same again, he will never rejoice with the flower as he now know it has a name, mystery is over.

I think it really illustrates the way we perceive this world, and then we wonder where joy and imagination took off.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

So we are all alive and conscious right. And i'm going to get old and die. Whats up with that.? Why do we get life for if in the end we will die.? It just dont add up. What's the point if in the end we die.

"We" never die, just you and I. It's the collective experience life is aiming for....

Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

How did it happen.?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by terry456
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

How did it happen.?

if you can set your mind in such a place , that would allow you to think a bit out side the box if you will , then you would be able to just except that it did happen ,

we do not have the answers to "why did it happen" it just did , and your here , the universe is their , and i am typing this to you , it is not hard to see the creator in everything around us , one would be a fool to think ,that we did not server a purpose here ,

but how it happen , that i cannot answer for you , other then saying ....... it just did my good man it just did , and who knows , that is only a theory , soothing could have been way before , i know it sounds like a fairytail , but is your reality a fairytail ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

My view on death is that death is only a physical thing.. your mind never dies.. you are still who you are and you still have all of the same thoughts as before.. but when you do die.. your mind is open to the reality of the universe.. you get to live in the next life and i promise. it is better than anything that we live here on earth!

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Did your Mind and thoughts create the world.? I say no.

top topics

join