It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UFO-shaped object found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea... covered in soot, with 'little firepl

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by smurfy
Nothing wrong in what you say at all, it could be all and everything of what you say, indeed that's what the media jumped at and embellished upon. But it didn't start out that way, and as for the explorer team they didn't embellish upon it themselves, the team leader actually said he thought it was a natural formation. The only thing they did speculate on was a possible Russian round ship, and that was soon discounted due to size, and other factors. They have already found elsewhere what is thought to be a Swedish flagship the 'Mars' also last year, but as yet have not gone further there, so they have a lot in the itinerary to go on with.

The aircraft size still stands, you can make nothing of dimensions from the photos.

The team did play into the notion of it being a UFO .. even after it was revealed to be a "stone" they still used certain terms that played into the idea it could be a craft.. they referred to the trail of sediment as a "runway" even.. I think the hype got way too high and they went along for the ride.. now it's trying to control the disappointment .. the facebook page is filled with people dedicated to the UFO theory and flat out attacking people who suggest otherwise .. they don't want to accept the fact it's probably just an unusual formation.. when really that is exciting in and of itself .. that's what happens when expectations get too high

Lindberg was pretty consistent all through, and he is the man. He always said that it was most likely a natural formation. It's no accident either that several other sites come on a similar theme as you, but while calling it a hoax, when it is quite clear that it is not. The hype was all from two directions, the press/tv, and the assumers, (if there is such a word) Lindberg did not assume anything, and the only assumption he made was to say "perhaps a new stonehenge"

He also did say this, "We've heard lots of different kinds of explanations, from George Lucas's spaceship - the Millennium Falcon - to "it's some kind of plug to the inner world, like it should be hell down there or something"
That was last year, and that is obviously not coming from him, it is what he has had to listen to, and he was joking about it. The runway remark I have only seen in someone else's story text, not in a personal quote. The 'drag' remark was not specific, and it was used in the context of anything incoming like a large meteorite, or anything large for that matter.

Only Today or yesterday, he has remarked on ufo's, when he says, "If an intelligent life form built a spaceship, why not make it out of stone or coral" a joke, or simple logic?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I'm sure that after a year or two of giving out 'submarine tour rides' to look at it, they will then conclude that it is just rocks. Seen this coming from a mile away.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by kennvideo

Actually, if I get creative, I can say that if this was a meteor, and since meteor's travel through space, it's LIKE a spaceship. I mean, earth is LIKE a spaceship. So it's pretty darn close to a spaceship. I wonder where it came from? Is it native to our solar system?

Really, there isn't much this thing could have been. We have tons of examples all across the world of geologic formations and meteor impacts. The odds were heavily leaning in that direction for anybody caring to look. How many examples do we have of alien spaceships or ancient manmade spaceships? I kept telling myself that anybody in the sciences in this field (geologic, etc) HAD to have had a good idea what this was. If it truly was a spaceship or manmade in origin, my opinion is we would have been hearing about it for a while when all this began last year. My guess is that when actual scientists saw the sonar images they were given the strong impression it was geologic (volcanic, meteor, etc). From that, my wager was always that this was probably something natural.

When I say 'geologic', the term is loosely used. What I mean is a natural process that occurs without the direct involvement of intelligent lifeforms.

I had a thought that this was something being dragged across the sea floor by the rebounding (or growing) glaciers. This only happened some 10,000-30,000 years ago - so recently.

It's possible there were fossilized ET organisms buried within the meteor.... If that were the case then this is the biggest irony ever. It's a natural ET spaceship!!!! It would be comical.

(i'm assuming it's a meteor now, but that could be wrong)
edit on 18-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

The last major glacial lake run off was around 7500 BC, from glaciers covering what has become Denmark. Glaciers or comets are by far the most likely causes. That or microbial bacteria that has a penchant for building "fireplaces".

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I know this was already coverd on the first page by that guy that's in love with the queen but I agree with him. If you look at the Baltic Sea, there are only very narrow openings to it, leading to the conclusion that ten of thousands of years ago that entire place was probably a fertile valley that was unflooded, maybe with human inhabitants building some kind of structures and of course starting fires for heat.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennvideo
Swedish explorers have put to rest speculation of a spaceship at the bottom of the Baltic -- but they're adding fuel to the ‘what is it’ mystery of this deep-sea object anyway.

Digital pictures FoxNews.com has obtained from the team show that the object, located beneath the waves of the Baltic between Sweden and Finland, is some sort of “natural, geological formation,” Peter Lindberg, the leader of the Ocean Explorer team, told FoxNews.com.

“It’s not obviously an alien spacecraft. It’s not made of metal,” the scientist said. Lindberg concedes that it could be an alien space ship -- if the aliens decided to make their vessels out of meteor-like rocks. “Who says they had to use metal?” he joked. “This trip has raised a lot of questions.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

You win the ATS prize! The alien aspect can be put aside now, though there is still a chance at least a portion of the objects in the area are man-made

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

This is very interesting. I cant wait to see what this thing is. Hopefully, they'll know very soon!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
A little bit of updated info here today..

Even more odd for a seemingly natural formation, the main object is disc-shaped and “appears to have construction lines and boxes drawn on it,” Lindberg said. “There are also straight edges.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

edit on 22-6-2012 by jcolsto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Some sort of neutral formation
what an explanation trying to play down that Its a UFO i guess.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Char-Lee

Some sort of neutral formation
what an explanation trying to play down that Its a UFO i guess.

I still say you never know! I personally think that if it is something beyond a human structure we will never be told, it will all go away as usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join