It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World wide poverty and financial crisis. And my solution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
With the world in financial mayhem I began to think about possible solutions. Solutions on the level of community.

People these days have thought mostly about themselves and their close families. they usually forget others around them. If you help others sometimes if pays off. This is what got me to thinking about the community aspect.

The idea is to build a community with the idea of looking out for each other.

I help you . You help me. And through mutual respect and understanding we help one another knowing that one day i might need your help and its only fitting if I help you til that day comes. That is the main focus this community should be built on.

Seeing as though this plan is in its basic form. No rules of governance or long term planning have been decided yet.

The main focus is community. A bond between the people within.

Together the community will grow crops, and provide resources to deal with the events that are unfolding.

Multiple communities located all over the world.

edit on 16-6-2012 by BulletShogun because: additional info

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

I think it is a good idea. I think we are ready for something like designer communities. How do you want to live? Hunters might live just off wild land with other hunters and people who prefer the city life might congest there and those who would rather live an alternative lifestyle whatever it may be they have there own town geared around it. Cyclists or golfers, a mini Vegas, an opencarry town, a gun free town. A green town. A little Amsterdam.
Florida already has a little of this sort of "designer community" based on ages. Of course a key element in each community might be watching out, consideration for and cooperation with others in the group. This is unless you lived in a type of community where you DIDN'T know any of your neighbors because this is the way they wanted it. This doesn't address world poverty directly if we stopped fighting among ourselves and worked harmoniously - we'd go a long way toward that goal.
edit on 16-6-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
www.social-eyes.com is something I am working on. Whatever can be can, you just have to stick to it. Better yourself to better others.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well certainly not a hunter gatherer type community. The plan is still in its beginning. Like i said no rules of governance yet.

But I know I would like a bond between the people. everyone knows everyone type of community.

Another thing is I want there to be an emphasis on morality.

Having class and respect. Not the usual I have the biggest D**K contest that most have thee days

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BulletShogun
reply to post by newcovenant

Well certainly not a hunter gatherer type community. The plan is still in its beginning. Like i said no rules of governance yet.

But I know I would like a bond between the people. everyone knows everyone type of community.

Another thing is I want there to be an emphasis on morality.

Having class and respect. Not the usual I have the biggest D**K contest that most have thee days

Well I think that is fine for people who choose it and people who want a more wanton lifestyle should not be forbidden it but I don't necessarily want them for neighbors if you catch my drift. I don't want to tell people how to live but I don't want to have to live with them either. We should be around those with mutual interests and have respect for other types of communities though we may never choose that lifestyle or to visit them.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So, like rural America a hundred years ago? I like it!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by caterpillage
So, like rural America a hundred years ago? I like it!
yup

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

With the world in financial mayhem I began to think about possible solutions. Solutions on the level of community.

People these days have thought mostly about themselves and their close families. they usually forget others around them. If you help others sometimes if pays off. This is what got me to thinking about the community aspect.

The idea is to build a community with the idea of looking out for each other.

edit on 16-6-2012 by BulletShogun because: additional info

What happens as communities grow and begin to compete for resources with each other? Then we just see a repeat of the evolution of conflict that has already played out starting from the neolithic ages.

Not everyone is accepting of compromise, so then you end up with the situation where you need a governing agency that can enforce solutions, or you accept conflict between groups.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
There is no crisis. None of the "debt" actually exists, and none of the people who think they are owed something, matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DakotaCensus

What happens as communities grow and begin to compete for resources with each other?

Thing is I know not everyone is going to want to join these groups. Therefor the competing issue is not bound to show up.

I believe the communities would also fall apart when the financial issues go away. "If you don't have to rely on someone why would you so to speak"

I but seeing as though this is just a basic idea I'll take this into account.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Man, I've been on here for years advocating just exactly this kind of thing. Good that people are finally becoming more receptive to the idea.

This is the way of the future for a good number of us. No borders, no global anything, except a sense of community and freedom.

Why should anyone have to suffer the cold because they were born in that part of the world? Or conversely, if you suffer in extreme heat, why not move to chillier climes? Landlocked but love the sea? Go! Love the mountains but born in the desert? Find your community. Why shouldn't we freely seek out those areas that suit our tastes and give us the opportunity to commune with like-minded members?

One thing you could bring to the table now is: No money. No currency or exchange markers of any sort. There is enough of everything for everyone. Greed is the result of unkindness and a fear that you will somehow not get your share. Once people understand that there is more than enough for everyone and nothing can be hindered by lack of resources, our civilization will blossom.

We live under a huge, dense black cloud of fear and have for time immemorial. We can make things right now. It will be easier than you think.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DakotaCensus

I will say this here and please pay close attention: Do not think in terms of limitations. There is none, except those you impose when you say things like that. I mentioned this quote in another thread. It's from Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach. The quote goes like this, "The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy." Consider that for a while. Think about what it means.

We all need to get off this "scarcity" and "competition" thing and just live for happiness. There is more than enough for everyone when we don't have resource gluttons. Gluttony will disappear when money and ownership are removed. When we work from the mindset of love and growth, we will need much less, particularly material "markers" of nonexistent wealth. Wealth is something else altogether. It sits in your soul. Our civilization, until now, is marked by profound poverty. Do not perpetuate that poverty. Think Love.
edit on 17/6/2012 by CosmicEgg because: grammar O_O

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

This was actually suppose to exist within normal countries today.

I am not advocating a one world border-less no country type thing. I'm asking people to get back to a sense of community that has been gone for years. we think to much about ourselves.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So broaden your mind. Open to more possibilities than you had initially conceived. This isn't your thought alone. This has been out there in the consciousness grid for quite a while. You notice I said that I've advocated this for years right here on ats. And I wasn't alone in this thought either. Do not try to "own" it.

No borders. No impediments to freedom and growth. No ownership. No laws. No currency. Freedom. Kindness. Sharing. Giving. Loving. Being. Breathing. Joy. Exhaling. Joy.

Someday you'll get there. Keep thinking, but do so by feeling, and you'll get there. Think with your heart.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Great Idea..I was thinking Homesteading in Alaska.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by DakotaCensus

I will say this here and please pay close attention: Do not think in terms of limitations. There is none, except those you impose when you say things like that. I mentioned this quote in another thread. It's from Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah by Richard Bach. The quote goes like this, "The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy." Consider that for a while. Think about what it means.

We all need to get off this "scarcity" and "competition" thing and just live for happiness. There is more than enough for everyone when we don't have resource gluttons. Gluttony will disappear when money and ownership are removed. When we work from the mindset of love and growth, we will need much less, particularly material "markers" of nonexistent wealth. Wealth is something else altogether. It sits in your soul. Our civilization, until now, is marked by profound poverty. Do not perpetuate that poverty. Think Love.
edit on 17/6/2012 by CosmicEgg because: grammar O_O

I would argue that ignorance is more clearly marked by ignoring real evidence, and that humanity has a long history of conflict in part due to competition between different groups is a reality.

Any proposed social system that relies on the participants changing the way they think, without a commensurate proposal on how to achieve that is deeply flawed. That does not mean the system has to be abandoned, but it does mean it requires refinement.

If OP wants to develop a working social system that is a viable alternative to how we live now, then it is essential that all obstacles are taken into account. Idealism comes in the goal, practicality is required in the method.

Also, on what ground do you claim that gluttony originated with the development of money? Very bold claim.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Thing is I know not everyone is going to want to join these groups. Therefor the competing issue is not bound to show up.

I believe the communities would also fall apart when the financial issues go away. "If you don't have to rely on someone why would you so to speak"

I but seeing as though this is just a basic idea I'll take this into account.

Thanks

One of the difficulties I think you are approaching is that your proposal may imply a subsistence level of existence for it's members. Otherwise, if my community develops a surplus of some kind why would I not seek to trade it with another group with a different surplus I could benefit from?

And while there is a tendency sometimes in western societies to romanticize 'primitive' cultures who exist(ed) at only subsistence levels, it should be remembered that there is a cost of this kind of existence - namely in terms of health and comfort - that I don't believe most people from developed countries would be willing to accept.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
You guys are imagining problems. We do not have to remain the warring, greedy, selfish creatures we are. When are we going to address the fact that our civilization is a failure on too many levels? We really can do better across the board. We are in no way anything like what we could be if we approached things from a perspective of generosity and love. This idea of ownership is absurd. The planet gives us all we can ever hope to have. What we do with it is for all of our kind but it is not "ours". It is still of the planet. Ownership is an illusion. Laws are only relevant as long as we subscribe to them. More and more people are finding that less and less acceptable. Look around you. Things are going up in flames. More on the way too!

Do not try to hold on to what is going to die a long-awaited death.

Broaden your minds and open your hearts.

new topics

top topics

join