It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric flutes date to 42,000 years ago

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
One more reason why it's better to arrange anthropological history according to geological time rather than to date it according to geological time.

Second line.
edit on 18-6-2012 by imherejusttoread because: syntax.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Ahem?
Gold mines in south africa 250,000 yrs ago
copper mine in africa 80,000 yrs old....

I believe you will find that the cite for 'gold mines in SA' is incorrect and is based solely on a Sitchinite claim based on a misinterpretation of stone foundations for kraals

Could you provide a link to the copper mine claim too? Thanks

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How many false assumptions back up those numbers?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm holding out for a 59 Les Paul (tobacco sunburst) with Zebras, and four full stacks of Marshalls.
Flute....PPPhhsssshh,
Let's see em do a Sax, then maybe I'll be impressed.
edit on 18-6-2012 by Luminaught because: Slash sucks.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I agree. Discoveries such as this illustrates that humanity has existed far longer then the general scientific establishment presumes.

No disrespect is meant towards the scientific establishment but their stiff education has them locked into one particular mind set that doesn’t allow for much leeway in learning past preconceived notions.

This scientific prejudice can impair thorough thinking.
edit on 18-6-2012 by GreyEagle because: mistakenly left out a sentence that helps illustrate my thoughts

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
One of my favourite instruments.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is at the time modern humans reached Europe at the time 40,000 years ago. Their mental capabilities were like our own.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

The evidence would suggest that Cro-Magnon's brains were larger and potentially more plastic than modern human brains. They may have had less technology, but their brains were not inferior. Human brains are shrinking, which is being attributed to better neural networks but is just as likely occuring due to truncation of behaviours. This truncation can be seen in domestic dogs.

www.npr.org...

Cro-Magnon man, who lived in Europe 20,000 to 30,000 years ago, had the biggest brains of any human species. In comparison, today's human brain is about 10 percent smaller. It's a chunk of brain matter "roughly equivalent to a tennis ball in size," McAuliffe says.

The experts aren't sure about the implications of this evolutionary trend. Some think it might be a dumbing-down process. One cognitive scientist, David Geary, argues that as human society grows increasingly complex, individuals don't need to be as intelligent in order to survive and reproduce.

But not all researchers are so pessimistic. Brian Hare, an anthropologist at the Duke University Institute for Brain Sciences, thinks the decrease in brain size is actually an evolutionary advantage.

In dogs, the truncation effect enhances one behaviour and truncates or eliminates another.

Domestication and truncation has an evolutionary advantage. For pets.

edit on 19-6-2012 by SibylofErythrae because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think these bone flutes where made at later dates, even though the bones could be 42,000 years old. If one finds a rock that is 50,000 years old and carves it into a statue of Obama, 10,000 years later someone discovers said statue... does that mean Obama existed 60,000 years ago? lol

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Howd they know its 42,000 years old. Carbon dating?

Lets say i pickup a 50,000 year old rock, for example limestone and i chisel it into an airplane
The newly chiseled plane still contains the same material as it did when it was still the raw rock
If Carbon dating is done again, wont it still say 50,000years old?
Correct me if im wrong (which i know i am)
edit on 20-6-2012 by StevieSmash because: Sorry i didnt see "imitators" post but whateves lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join