It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite storm 'smashed the Earth 12,000 years ago and killed off a prehistoric people'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It's SUPER INTERESTING!

I remember years ago watching a video that some mormons or some group of christians saying that the earth was 12000 years old, and I laugh at that moment...

Now I'm confused!

Maybe they were right!!! :O

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

ok..but then we have this small issue of..NO EVIDENCE of civilisation...before 6000 years....thats why i find it interesting

University of Iowa find 7,000 year old village in Des Moines

8,000 year old bog mummies found in Florida

Human skulls mounted on stakes found at Stone Age burial site

Stone Age hunter-gatherers in southeast Sweden mounted the skulls of their dead on stakes and buried them in a lake, according to a team of archaeologists. The researchers unearthed remains and artifacts estimated to be 8,000 years old—including the skulls of 11 individuals—at a site thought to have served as a ceremonial gathering place.

Find me evidence, hard physical scientific evidence, and not from a group of biblical archeologists, that can convince me that an exodus even occurred. Find me PROOF that JEWS WERE EVEN IN EGYPT around the time the pyramids were built.

And I am not a christian.

what are you confused about......you got a google bar.....google the great flood of 10,000 bc...and find out WHO believes this....then maybe you will notice that all these modern fake science reports claiming that we have things that old....is all BS.

Almost every ancient civilization that existed and had a form of writing believed in a great flood. So everyone is wrong and the bible and only the bible is right? Everything else is hogwash? What do YOU believe?

edit on 17-6-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If this is legitimate, it is pretty amazing. I say that because I have heard it postulated by certain individuals that there existed a society that was incredibly advanced from something like 15-20,000 years ago up to 12,000 years ago, when it was destroyed. This has of course been viewed as a fringe theory, but if this is a legitimate finding then that lends a lot of credibility to the theory, which already had its own evidence.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

It was to get rid of the Nephilim
One of Noah’s son’s wives was not pure blood
That is why there is a gigantism gene
It’s just a story

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Text
About 12,000 years ago, toward the end of the Ice Age, Earth began growing warmer. Vast sheets of ice that sprawled over the Northern Hemisphere began to melt. Oceans and seas grew deeper as a result.

• About 7,000 years ago the Mediterranean Sea swelled. Seawater pushed northward, slicing through what is now Turkey.

• Funneled through the narrow Bosporus, the water hit the Black Sea with 200 times the force of Niagara Falls. Each day the Black Sea rose about six inches (15 centimeters), and coastal farms were flooded.

• Seared into the memories of terrified survivors, the tale of the flood was passed down through the generations and eventually became the Noah story.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Back to the original subject, I think that the whole of the evidence points to a large impact in north America.
There is building bulk of evidence for it its only a matter of time till someone finds something really compelling.
But I don't think at all ,that this eventful has anything to do with most of the flood stories , but they might be related. There is an astronomer who postulates the the impactor from the younger dryas event was part of a swarm of objects that were a broken up comet. This swarm has a 3500 ish year orbital period, its trail is one of our seasonal meteor storms.
This swarm has made several close passes in the past, and is a likely candidate for originating the proposed burkle crater.
In some of the counter arguments against the event people say that the gradual ( over a couple centuries)decline of mega fauna proves the event didn't happen. Or that there couldn't have been continent wide wildfires because of the loss of heat over the visual horizon.
But the firestorm that raged after the impact didn't happen all at once, but likely took months to reach thier peak. NA was an extremely dry environment during this time, and I could see the regional fires started by impact spreading across the continent.
It was the loss of habitat from the fires and the slower regeneration of the ecosystem caused by the impact winter. This pushed mega fauna populations to a level they couldn't recover from.
This combined with the increased hunting pressure by the human surviors, as they tried to make up for the los calories, ensured their demise.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This passage from a miwok creation story might hold a little kernel of truth in regards to this subject.

This was' the beginning of a series of calamities which nearly destroyed the great tribe of Ah-wah-nee'-chees. First a great drouth prevailed, and the crops failed, and the streams of water dried up. The deer went wild and wandered away. Then a dark cloud of smoke arose in the East and obscured the sun, so that it gave no heat,

p. 86

and many of the people perished from cold and hunger. Then the earth shook terribly and groaned with great pain, and enormous rocks fell from the walls around Ah-wah'-nee. The great dome called Tis-sa'-ack was burst asunder, and half of it fell into the Valley. A fire burst out of the earth in the East, and the ca'-lah (snow) on the sky mountains was changed to water, which flowed down and formed the Lake Ah-wei'-yah. 1 And all the streams were filled to overflowing, and still the waters rose, and there was a great flood, so that a large part of the Valley became a lake, and many persons were drowned.

After a time the Great Spirit took pity on his children, and the dark cloud of smoke disappeared, the sun warmed the Valley again into new life, and the few people who were left had plenty of food once more.

www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
A good video that may offer some ideas as to what it may have looked like.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Let me inundate you with info........

A 16-member international team of researchers that includes James Kennett, professor of earth science at UC Santa Barbara, has identified a nearly 13,000-year-old layer of thin, dark sediment buried in the floor of Lake Cuitzeo in central Mexico. The sediment layer contains an exotic assemblage of materials, including nanodiamonds, impact spherules, and more, which, according to the researchers, are the result of a cosmic body impacting Earth.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Lake Candona existed only about 100 to 200 years before it drained to the Atlantic when the ice sheet blocking the St. Lawrence Valley collapsed. Following the drainage of Lake Candona, seawater invaded the St. Lawrence and Champlain Lowlands and formed the Laurentian Seaway and the Champlain Sea. Glacial Lake Candona dropped about 40 meters (125 feet) as it drained into the North Atlantic via the Saint Lawrence River Valley. This opening of the St. Lawrence Valley as a conduit for glacial meltwater about 13,000 years ago likely played a role in causing the onset of the Younger Dryas cold interval.

www.whoi.edu...

Hiking over miles of hardened lava that makes up the lunar-like landscape, the researchers examined rocks, water, sand and volcanic ash, all evidence of a mega flood of Biblical proportions — a phenomenon so powerful it can change the face of the planet. An associate professor of geography and geoinformation science, Beach looks at the history of landscapes and how the Earth changes over time.

news.gmu.edu...

And pay close attention to this link.

docs.google.com...
edit on 17-6-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Well science has determined that the story of Sodom and Gomorrah was most likely a meteor exploding in the upper atmosphere (or even struck), so it's wholly (holy, lol) possible.

(In reference to your religious suggestion)
edit on 16/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

So it werent ancient aliens deploying nukes O-: ? Say it aint so !!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

It was to get rid of the Nephilim
One of Noah’s son’s wives was not pure blood
That is why there is a gigantism gene
It’s just a story

www.nationalgeographic.com...

Text
About 12,000 years ago, toward the end of the Ice Age, Earth began growing warmer. Vast sheets of ice that sprawled over the Northern Hemisphere began to melt. Oceans and seas grew deeper as a result.

• About 7,000 years ago the Mediterranean Sea swelled. Seawater pushed northward, slicing through what is now Turkey.

• Funneled through the narrow Bosporus, the water hit the Black Sea with 200 times the force of Niagara Falls. Each day the Black Sea rose about six inches (15 centimeters), and coastal farms were flooded.

• Seared into the memories of terrified survivors, the tale of the flood was passed down through the generations and eventually became the Noah story.

I understand what the Nephillim were and the book of Enoch. What I don't understand is why the mighty Pharaoh couldn't just say that instead of blurting out random words and saying "peace".

And again, I don't believe in everything that is written down or has been found on nearly 2,000 year old paper and hold is as, well, gospel

Was there a flood? Yes. Global? No. Did a man get a message from god and take 120 years out of his life to build a boat? Doubt it.

Unless he wasn't human...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

"Dailymail.com" reports that an "Earth Scientist" sees some "melty-glass" that appears on opposite sides of the world and suddenly prehistoric man survived an extinction event?

Smells like highly speculative bullcrap.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
12,000 years.. pretty recent. So this pretty much nullifies evolutionary theory. Awesome!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
12,000 years.. pretty recent. So this pretty much nullifies evolutionary theory. Awesome!

No,man,that's 12 days.
Didn't take the course in creationism?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Yes!

Except that... No it doesn't. At all.

Do you even know what evolution is?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

He wasn’t human or
We are not human
People had a lot more time on their hands back then

en.wikipedia.org...

Text
Methuselah (Hebrew: מְתוּשֶׁלַח / מְתוּשָׁלַח, Modern Mətušélaḥ / Mətušálaḥ Tiberian Məṯûšélaḥ / Məṯûšālaḥ ; "Man of the dart/spear", or alternatively "his death shall bring"[1]) is the oldest person whose age is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible. Extra-biblical tradition maintains that he died on the 11th of Cheshvan of the year 1656 (Anno Mundi, after Creation), at the age of 969, seven days before the beginning of the Great Flood.[2] According to Rashi on Genesis 7:4, God delayed the Flood specifically because of the seven days of mourning in honor of the righteous Methuselah. Methuselah was the son of Enoch and the grandfather of Noah.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather

A road well traveled and a bit muddy.
Like telling a tell of two different travelers seeking the same path.
One is faith,
One is what someone tells one to go.
Both are blind.
But knowledge has the upper hand.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

I understand what the Nephillim were and the book of Enoch. What I don't understand is why the mighty Pharaoh couldn't just say that instead of blurting out random words and saying "peace".

And again, I don't believe in everything that is written down or has been found on nearly 2,000 year old paper and hold is as, well, gospel

Was there a flood? Yes. Global? No. Did a man get a message from god and take 120 years out of his life to build a boat? Doubt it.

Unless he wasn't human...

1. What random words are you refering to? The only words I perceive to be random are -your- words.

2. Cool that you don't believe 2000 year old texts. But what about multiple 2000-year-old and older texts, almost all of which were written in the official formats of that time (especially Sumeria, who had very, VERY strict rules about what you could and could not write in nonfiction literature.) which coincide with one another, which are virtually everywhere across the planet (at least in all major civs) by people who, according to the mainstream community, barely had international trade, and certainly didn't have trade to other continents?

3. A - At one time, Earth's entire surface was covered in water B - There is a substantial amount of scientific evidence supporting the idea for a major flood that occurred in vast areas of the globe simultaneously. C - There's nothing wrong with ignoring religious text, but at this time to insinuate that a global flood could not have occurred would be ignoring the data.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
There were a series of floods that taking place on the earth
Even if the entire planet wasn’t covered with water at that time
The localized flooding would be considered the entire known world for people at that time.
Probably all triggered by an event that changed the climate of earth.
Geological history agrees

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by thegagefather

A road well traveled and a bit muddy.
Like telling a tell of two different travelers seeking the same path.
One is faith,
One is what someone tells one to go.
Both are blind.
But knowledge has the upper hand.

Close, but it's actually not a poem at all.

It's actually the use of the best empirical evidence that the scientific community can find to verify that species changed over time, according to fossil record.

You can call it belief. You can even call it a religion if you like. But I don't -believe- anything, and if I do I admit it.

I admit, despite mountains of evidence and research, that evolution is still a theory. I understand that there are other things at play, and that evolution in all likeliness cannot account for certain anomalies in nature.

But I also understand that I'm not seeking contentment in my life in looking at evolution. I'm not asking anyone for forgiveness, assuming anything about an afterlife, worshiping anything, or altering my moral code around the words of a supposed prophet in a book.

I'm just interested in the science, because I like to know how the real world works. Like how a stopwatch functions, or how particles are affected by heat.

If anyone is turning it into a theology, that is their own doing, and their own fault. It is not the fault of the community. That's like blaming individual psychosis on the community's rationality.

And that is why saying the theory of evolution is like religion is silly and ignorant.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

Originally posted by woogleuk
Well science has determined that the story of Sodom and Gomorrah was most likely a meteor exploding in the upper atmosphere (or even struck), so it's wholly (holy, lol) possible.

(In reference to your religious suggestion)
edit on 16/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

So it werent ancient aliens deploying nukes O-: ? Say it aint so !!

It was ancient aliens lobbying asteroids at the earth. Better?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join