It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite storm 'smashed the Earth 12,000 years ago and killed off a prehistoric people'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Homo florensiensis is said to have gone the way of the dino's about 12k years ago. It must not have done much to sapien because we had a massive upturn in population around that time. Others like Erectus and ergaster had died out far earlier. Interesting find!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
Homo florensiensis is said to have gone the way of the dino's about 12k years ago. It must not have done much to sapien because we had a massive upturn in population around that time. Others like Erectus and ergaster had died out far earlier. Interesting find!

Sapien was too busy watching TV, luckily in caves.

Stoneage Artists Created Prehistoric Movies in Cave Paintings.

Good to see some things never change.
edit on 17-6-2012 by JDINFOWARRIOR because:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yuh uh, sure it did, just like the dinosaurs.

But please prove to me, that one person has actually really even lived to tell about it.

I won't believe it until I see it.

Pics...

Or it never happened...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Those structures i posted are not that hard to erect. Find a rock, dig below it enough to slip a stone under and go around doing this and remove all dirt and you are left with a stone sitting on other stones.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
SLAYER69 believes that civilization didn't begin with the invention of agriculture during the Younger Dryas, as the evidence we have sort-of indicates, but flourished many thousands of years ago and was destroyed by some cataclysm. He has posted earlier threads arguing that rising sea levels due to global warming caused these cities to submerge, leaving nothing behind but the legend we know as Atlantis.

Considering the present hypothesis, however, it is worth noting that

The Younger Dryas impact hypothesis or Clovis comet hypothesis... has been largely discredited by research that showed that most of the conclusions cannot be repeated by other scientists, misinterpretation of data, and the lack of confirmatory evidence. Source

Kennet, the scientist named in the Daily Mail article, has been drilling this dry hole since 2007.

As has been noted many times before on ATS, the Daily Mail is a tabloid scandal sheet for semiliterate Britons, not a valid source for anything factual.

edit on 17/6/12 by Astyanax because: of grist.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's always North America

Seriously though, this meteor shower would of have to been a worldwide event, as how does one explain the ancient cities and temples in India and Pakistan which have melted glass all over the place? I know ancient alien conspiracy theorists claim it was nukes provided by aliens or something, but surely a meteor even is more likely...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Man has been on this planet in different forms for over 1.5 million years. Your silly view is that we were savages for over 1.5 millions years up until the last 5000 years. How incredibly wrong. Man has had the same mental ability for the last 20000 years.

I dont mind breaking it to you that man has been on this planet for more than 10,000 years contrary to your beliefs and has almost gone extinct a few times. There was also an ice age ( very devastating to way of life). Massive global and local floods. We have little record.

There were civilizations on the coasts that are now submerged due to the ocean sea level rising from the 'flood' by over 124 meters. There are literally hundreds of stories from around the world that describe roughly the same thing. Water, destruction
edit on 17-6-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
SLAYER69 believes that civilization didn't begin with the invention of agriculture during the Younger Dryas, as the evidence we have sort-of indicates, but that it flourished many thousands of years ago and was destroyed by some cataclysm. He has posted earlier threads putting forward the argument that rising sea levels due to global warming caused these cities to submerge, leaving nothing behind but the legend we know as Atlantis.

Close but not quite...

Not "Global Warming" but simply the result of the last of the Ice Age Melt off. Which happened for whatever reason.

edit on 17-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Reply to post by daaskapital

So I'm going out on a really ssmmmaall limb here but follow me lol

What if the two theories were combined loosely.. A particularly large cluster of meteorites comes into contact with earth-in the process damaging a fleet of "ancient aliens" causing them to crash into earth.. Nuclear powered ships (though I'm assuming more efficient than our reactors which basically use it to boil water like a big tea pot).. Some managed to survive setting up camp here and passing on info.. Others died (ancient India) when their ships crashed and caused some types of nuclear explosions... The meteorites caused the climate change.. The rest is history..

Ok so maybe I need to lay of the "caffeine" (intentional quotes) for the night haha but I mean hey anything is possible right?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Man has been on this planet in different forms for over 1.5 million years.

Yet Homo Sapiens has only existed for about 200,000 years.

Your silly view is that we were savages for over 1.5 millions years up until the last 5000 years. How incredibly wrong. Man has had the same mental ability for the last 20000 years.

And the overwhelming majority of us are still savages.

I dont mind breaking it to you that man has been on this planet for more than 10,000 years contrary to your beliefs and has almost gone extinct a few times. There was also an ice age (very devastating to way of life). Massive global and local floods. We have little record.

Thank you for sharing the fruits of your tabloid education with us.

There were civilizations on the coasts that are now submerged due to the ocean sea level rising from the 'flood' by over 124 meters. There are literally hundreds of stories from around the world that describe roughly the same thing. Water, destruction.

I've watched a few disaster movies myself.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

You my friend have proven yourself not worthy of a reply.

Anyways......

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
very nice!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Always a pleasure to render discourtesy and presumption speechless. Any time you need the service repeated, call me silly again.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

very roughly ~30% dust (rock forming elements like silicates) and the rest, ~70%, volatile materials like water ice and methane ice and ammonia ice and carbon monoxide ice and carbon dioxide ice.

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

i believe that the Clovis comet was very high in methane ice and ammonia ice and low in water ice, carbon monoxide ice and carbon dioxide ice.
www.lpi.usra.edu...

This would have caused a very large fireball as it mixed with oxygen in the atmosphere.
I also believe it did not enter the atmosphere steeply but at a near miss trajectory that spread the fireball across the whole northern hemisphere.
Coming in say over the north pole and ending over eastern Mexico. or over Alaska and across to the east coast of Canada

It would have been a Tunguska type event but 5000 times bigger
edit on 17-6-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

There are literally hundreds of stories from around the world that describe roughly the same thing. Water, destruction
- mainly rain and the rate of increase of the sea level was 40mm a year

Oh and no the first civilizations developed inland and on rivers, not the coast lines

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Howdy Slayer

Ah well after the Firestone, West and Warwick-smith disaster the data appears to have been reworked and tried again. We'll see how it goes down this time

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

There are literally hundreds of stories from around the world that describe roughly the same thing. Water, destruction
- mainly rain and the rate of increase of the sea level was 40mm a year

Oh and no the first civilizations developed inland and on rivers, not the coast lines

Not according to the ancient stories from around the world of massive cataclysmic weather and flooding.

Inca (Peru):
Pictorial records of ancient Incan rulers show that a flood rose above the highest mountains. All created things perished, except for a man and woman who floated in a box.

Eastern Brazil (Rio de Janiero region):
Two twin sons of a great wizard, one good and the other evil, were always arguing. One day the angered good brother stamped so hard that the earth opened and water gushed out, shooting as high as the clouds. The water covered the whole world. The good brother and his wife climbed a pindona tree, and the evil brother and his wife climbed a geniper tree until the waters receded

Yoruba (southwest Nigeria):
A god, Ifa, tired of living on earth and went to dwell in the firmament with Obatala. Without his assistance, mankind couldn't interpret the desires of the gods, and one god, Olokun, in a fit of rage, destroyed nearly everybody in a great flood. [Kelsen, p. 135]

Efik-Ibibio (Nigeria):
The sun and moon are man and wife, and their best friend was flood, whom they often visited. They often invited flood to visit them, but he demurred, saying their house was too small. Sun and moon built a much larger house, and flood could no longer refuse their invitation. He arrived and asked, "Shall I come in?" and was invited in. When flood was knee-deep in the house, he asked if he should continue coming and was again invited to do so. The flood brought many relatives, including fish and sea beasts. Soon he rose to the ceiling of the house, and the sun and moon went onto the roof. The flood kept rising, submerging the house entirely, and the sun and moon made a new home in the sky. [Eliot, pp. 47-48]

Kamchadale (northeast Siberia):
A flood covered the whole land in the early days of the world. A few people saved themselves on rafts made from bound-together tree trunks. They carried their property and provisions and used stones tied to straps as anchors to prevent being swept out to sea. They were left stranded on mountains when the waters receded

Lakota:
In the world before this one, the people didn't know how to behave or how to act human, and the creating power was displeased. He placed three dry buffalo chips under a sacred pipe rack and saved a fourth for lighting the pipe. He sang three songs to bring rain, which caused the rivers to overflow; then he sang a fourth song and stamped on the earth. The earth split open, and water flowed from the cracks and covered everything.

More here www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Oh my more cherry picking - and how many of those people lived on the coast? Many of the tribes you mentioned didn't exist in the time frame you are talking about. You might want to consider this, when the sea level went up would it have been high enough to cover the Andes?

Here is some home work for you, take a comprehensive list and count how many are ocean rising versus other cause.....

lets see Lakota ...

The earth split open, and water flowed from the cracks and covered everything.

nope no sea rise

as a matter of fact how many of the myths you cherried pick mention floods caused by a rise of the sea?

....did you actually READ your examples?
edit on 17/6/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

According to the article the earth was hit by a meteorite in a couple locations during the time of the ice age. Its possible the ice sheet that sat on north America was struck by meteorites triggering catastrophic events such as flash flooding, dark skies, earthquakes.

It is also possible that the ocean was struck by a meteorite causing a super-mega-tsunami that would reach the top of mountains.

The time frame of the ancient flood stories range from days to several months. Interesting some mention that the sun and the moon found new homes in the sky. Polar flip?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join