It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How stupid do they think we are???... Or how stupid are we?????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by burningbelief

They don't think we're stupid....

They Know we're stupid!

When the corporations are now given "personhood" and can have total influence over the government and the only outcry is from a few conspiratorial websites....

Welcome to the monkey house

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Watch out for that Aldi Food ok?? I dont trust it! NC

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

Yes, that is true but that is why my garden is inside not outside.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Its the same thing with gas prices. Some of you maybe seeing a drop in prices but that only because of the euro. I am more pissed about our pay not reflecting the change in the dollar. If our products are getting smaller because of the dollar's buying power, why am I not getting paid more? I'm doing the same amount of work a year ago but I buy less with each check.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
3 Years ago, $200. bucks would have filled up 2 shopping carts full of food for the fam. Now it barely fills one. And if you noticed.....the packages are getting smaller...which means your buying less.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Its the same thing with gas prices. Some of you maybe seeing a drop in prices but that only because of the euro. I am more pissed about our pay not reflecting the change in the dollar. If our products are getting smaller because of the dollar's buying power, why am I not getting paid more? I'm doing the same amount of work a year ago but I buy less with each check.

Thats everywhere brother...everywhere.....to include the dollar especially.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The best trick they do is to drastically raise prices on products for a few week, then cut the price in half and say "half price offer"

only if you work it out it's still more expensive because they hike the prices prior to halfing the price

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Welcome to America, inflation is embedded into the systems threw loans.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
ONE of my career positions is helping launch new products into the market place. From an idea on a cocktail napkin, to having product made in the U.S. or off-shore, or a manufactured product into medical, or on store shelfs as a consumable, I see it all.
And YES, if I see you at a party and you hear what I do for a living, I WON'T sign a non disclosure and I'm going to steal your great idea. I do that all the time. I STEAL your idea, STEAL your idea and run off to manufacturing. Hmmmmm That sounds like a design to EPIC FAIL. Oh, the cost too. If I hear ONE MORE TIME "I have a great idea, but you'll steal it and make a million dollars" go pitch it to the TV guys. They HAVE to be honest right?

99Cent Stores and "Travel Size" packaging are NOTORIOUS for reducing costs on the product and reducing costs to appear its a fair deal for a buck. It is NOT.

MAJOR chains or Big Box(BB's) or "price club" stores are well known for changing the packaging to make you buy 3 items instead of one. The package for 3 is SMALLER. Go look at a BB inventory and see the difference.
1 item is BIGGER
3 items are SMALLER. You "think" your buying 3 at a discount. It's the same price per pound or ounce.

And YES, packaging is the same size. Volume is lower.

We're doomed.

Cheers! And no, I don't want to see your new design. But Good Luck!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Funny how EVERYTHING GOES UP... EXCEPT our PAY-CHECKS.

Minimum wage SHOULD be at $18 an hour right now if our pay-checks were to have risen at a FAIR PACE with everything else.

With a FAIR minimum wage compensation of $18 an hour minimum wage, those here making $20 an hour RIGHT NOW would therefore naturally have been raised up to a FAIR wage of $30 an hour. And those of us then RIGHTFULLY making $30 per hour would be worth EVERY DAMN PENNY of it just to KEEP UP with the cost of everything else.

And if we had FAIR WAGES, maybe these [color=gold]SUPER-WEALTHY companies and corporations would not have TONS of money to be LOBBYING politicians, eh? TONS of money that WE should be getting paid rather than it going into politicians POCKETS.

And I dont buy that nonsense that FAIR WAGES will RAISE prices for consumers which is something that right-wingers PARROT from FOOLS like Hannity and Rush.

Companies And corporations are throwing TONS of money at politicians all the time. If our pay went up to FAIR STANDARDS, than that [color=gold]would simply lead to BIG-MONEY corporations having to tighten their LOBBYING-belts a little bit. It would simply mean that they wouldnt have TONS of money to spend on LOBBYING politicians everyday. Right-wingers like to parrot that nonsense from their idiot gods named Hannity, Rush, and the other bozo right wing talking fools who are full of BOLOGNA.

I say RAISE the TAXES on the SUPER-WEALTHY for just THESE REASON ALONE!!!

We've BEEN SCREWED PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!

SCREWED!!

(And expect the super-wealthy-CODDLERS, and BANKER-SNAKES and their ever-reliable no-moral SHILLS to arrive here like CLOCKWORK to this thread in 3....2.....1.......)

edit on 17-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
So let is break down food prices for those who think they are getting the shaft:

1. farmers get hit the hardest seed prices,fuel prices,fertlilizer prices,equipment prices.

2. Then the middlemen get their cut before it goes on to retail.

3. Regulations that effect Farmers,transporters,and then where it ends up on the shelf.

4 then we can figure in more regulations when someone says pay employees 10 bucks and hour,give then holiday and everything else.

5 All contributiing factors to the price of anything.

typical evil companies but when in fact is is evil government and the federal reserve and and the church of climiatology that makes everything more expensive when it needn't be.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7

Watch out for that Aldi Food ok?? I dont trust it! NC

I used to shop there alot a few years back, and I found some pretty gross things in many of the food items.

( Dried maggots?/bugs in the mac & cheese..
)

If I buy anything at that store from now on, I better be able to see through the packaging!

edit on 17-6-2012 by Isabelx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thank god my kids and family like pasta. Always buy seminolla wheat. More better.

Now if you want to get me started on how there are NO RULES or regulations on labeling the words in the Olive Oil Industry, that's a different discussion.

Virgin,Extra Virgin,Hand Pressed,Cold Pressed, Extra Virgin Hand Pressed.

Give me a FRICKING break. ZERO regulations on the lableing. You can say ANYTHING you want with ZERO accountability.

Me? I go for the prettiest label. LOL... TASTE THEM. BIG DIFFERENCES.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Actually? Distribution Channels are one of the hardest parts of the margins to contend with to get product to consumers. More so by the day.

By definition, you use the term F.O.B or Freight On Board in the Purchase Order.
After you agree to you final price for each piece of product you sell, it comes down to Terms and Conditions FOB.

FOB Destination means YOU pay freight to distributors locations.(Multiple where houses)
FOB Sourced, means customer pays freight.

This gets VERY expensive in negotiations for all parties involved. All sides don't want to pay freight because it effects all of our bottom line.
And yet? Without a good distributor, I can't get into a nice sized BB,with say 2000 stores in the Southeast.

But my product comes into CALIFORNIA! Ouch.

Costs are going up, product volume is going down.

But don't tell the consumer, or I'll lose the shelf space. Shhh

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yes food -flation is here the package size is shrinking and the price is still going up. Also, many people don't realize that in the Dollar stores the packages are even smaller but the price is too. However, the per ounce price is actually higher.

And if no one has mentioned it... look at the bacon and other products are often loaded with water today. I found only 1 brand of hot dogs that doesn't have high fructose corn syrup in it.. (Nathans)

The chickens and other meat products often have much water added to it. When I worked in my uncles butchershop 20+ years ago I remember we would inject water into hams....

The main reason the government supresses the real inflation numbers is because many benefit programs are tied to COLAs.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

even worse the money spent is tax deductible for the corporation who funnels their money through a nonprofit.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
The best trick they do is to drastically raise prices on products for a few week, then cut the price in half and say "half price offer"

only if you work it out it's still more expensive because they hike the prices prior to halfing the price

My favorite is Foodlion where the buy1-get 1 free deals are priced higher than normal price in WalMart or Kroger

Bryers Ice cream buy 1 get 1 @ $6.98 while reg price in Walmart is about $3

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Stop being a communists! Businesses need to profit so they can grow and create jobs! /sarcasm

Yea, I completely feel you! Candy bars used to be 32 cents. Now they're 74. (Sorry. Certain prices I do remember since childhood; that's one of them!) But, yea, cost of living, I'm sure they would say, has not doubled!

Businesses never lose! They always profit! Profit means getting something extra for free that you didn't earn! It's hard to say "I won't pay" for certain things! Businesses don't mind doing it because they are "done the same way" by the banks. It all starts with the banks!

This has to end sooner or later! It will end with all of us working for nothing or dead!

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I've noticed some of these shenanigans. The amount of food per container seems to go down every 10 years. Look at the bottoms of jars and beverages? See that indent? That's to screw you out of a few cents, and make the company millions.

You best hush up about propane. If it's really that cheap there you're lucky. 5lbs. fill up is well over twenty bucks here. Also, I smoke a pack a day and if anything lighters seem to last longer now. I have't replaced mine in 5 months.

The more debt they heap on a dollar the less it is worth, takes more of them to buy stuff and the joy of hyperinflation hasn't even arrived yet, just wait.

I get my propane filled at the local U-Haul. Handy, reasonable price and the tank gets filled (over 50 pounds in one transaction gets you a good break in price too). I offer to take my neighbor's tanks at the same time to save money but always fill at least 2 of mine (they don't have to be completely empty) when I go though. The propane exchange places always fill them about 75% full with the lame excuse of "to allow for expansion". At U-Haul I can fill 2 empty tanks for the same amount as one 75% full exchange tank and U-Haul is certainly not the cheapest place, just the most convenient for me.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Folks, I'm in New York State and we have a marking law for grocery stores. It requires every item to be marked or the shelf to have every variety to have a tag. Those tags tell all. The ounces or whatever in a container and the cost per whatever for that container. True, the stores can play a few games with these tags, but not very many, and if you are a regular shopper, you will not be deceived. And don't let the container shape deceive you, that is the manufacturers game plan.

One of the containers that they don't seem to cheat on are the huge commercial cans that hold maybe a gallon. Those seem to be filled with product to the brim. Since we use lots of green beans, I buy these. Also you can re-can these items into glass jars and go through the canning process for more manageable sizes that serve your family needs.

About the only problem are those items on the bottom shelf, and the tag is under them requiring you to kneel down or have spectacular vision to read the tags.

Keep in mind that food at eye level is usually the most popular, and usually the most costly per whatever.

Now there are lots of options, if you really have to feed a large family. Farmers markets are well known for excellent deals. In Springville NY (Below Buffalo) there is a Wednesday market from which you can purchase fresh from the field natural foods for some outstanding prices.

Then there are canning companies which occasionally offer a day in which they sell overages for pennies on the dollar. One such company in Dunkirk NY has such a sale. I go there and purchase juices for $3.00 a case. (Used to be $4.00 a case) Yes these same juices sell for upwards of $3.00 a bottle in stores. So imagine the markup !!!!!!!!!

I've not heard of anyplace that prevents you from canning your own food. However if true, how can they monitor and prevent home canning from happening? What is the purpose of such a law?

Last fall I got for free a drum of remains from a guy who makes his own diesel. I'm going to turn that into soap for the family. (Have been quite ill recently and don't want to tackle it until I'm better.) Also its a summer job. In the winter it would be difficult to keep the vat warm, and the gases and materials are highly toxic and flammable, so it must be done outside, well clear of the house and garages.

I'd like to make my own diesel, but don't have access to the fryer fats needed to make the process cost effective.

Coffee is an odd item. Back in the early days of this country, grocery stores had bulk ground coffee. They sometimes adulterated the coffee with dirt. Some of the companies now post on the can the strength of the roast. For those who like a less strong roast, it would seem to me that purchasing the stronger roast and using less in the brewer would be the answer to saving money. I could be wrong about this. We like strong coffee in our home.

Finally, if you are poor like me, there are groups that give away foods from food canners. These can happily supplement your needs with good product. If you are poor, don't be shy about using such opportunities.

Now if I could figure out a way to have my house-mate use less toilet paper, I'd be really happy. I'm on a farm, and corn cobs are plentiful, but they would plug up the toilet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join