It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins 21 of 25 delegates elected in Iowa

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I really do understand your point, and as you pointed out, we do NOT know the full story....but something is very strange about the whole thing...and at the very least Rand's endorcement of Romney "hurt" his father's campaign, my thoughts are proof of that.....I have been an outspoken Ron Paul supporter, and now I have doubts...just the truth of how I feel.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The game is being played out. This script is long-since written and both
Pauls are simply acting their part.

Individual sovereignty is to be insisted upon. No more placing your fate and hopes
in the hands of any others.

This is the only way forward.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutonaLimb
The game is being played out. This script is long-since written and both
Pauls are simply acting their part.

Individual sovereignty is to be insisted upon. No more placing your fate and hopes
in the hands of any others.

This is the only way forward.

Really?? Sounds like your trying to convice yourself of that.

Ron Paul doesn't follow the script, and for you to say he does just goes to show what you know or act like you know.

I'm tired of people that have no idea about Ron Paul making statements like this. I finally met a Obama supporter the other day and all he was, was a bitter middle aged white guy who was retired on government assitance. Apparently anyone that disagrees with Obama is racist. Ron Paul is a communist.. which he learned everything he needed to know about Ron Paul from the GOP debates..... I actually laughed out loud there. Debt is a good thing and nothing to worry about, and we need to take over the worlds military forces so they won't disagree with us.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
BUT Dana Bash, Krystal Ball, Donald Trump and Shawn Hannity said he cant win since day one..............that should be enough to piss anybody off..................anybody meaning normal intelligent people...RON ONLY !

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This just shows how convoluted the whole primary process is, first Romney wins Iowa, then Santorum win Iowa, then Ron Paul wins Iowa. And you won't hear much in the media about it at all, why because Romney has already wrapped up the nomination, even according to Rand Paul.

The best thing about this story that punk Santorum although he won the beauty contest vote, didn't win 1 delegate

Goes to show you just how meaningless that vote is by the time state conventions role around.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

But dont you see how silly it is to equate Ron and Rand? They aren't God and Jesus. They are two different people,with differing political ideas.

Rand is more 'libertarian' minded than many in the GOP, but he is FAR less so than his father. Anyone who's paid attention to politics knows this.

For example, prior to Obama engaging in hostilities with Libya (which Rand protested), Rand was part of the unanimous Senate vote (march 1) Rs.85pushing the UN to enforce a UN no-fly zone Libya.

His objection to Libya was not that he didnt want to go to war with them (he did), but that he felt Obama had to get authorization first. Conversely, his father was opposed to ANY kind of intervention in Libya.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

www.bing.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When Glenn Beck interviewed Rand and asked him about his father, Rand said we support Romney. That's why you haven't heard anything from Ron Paul on the issue. One of two things will happen; Ron will either remain quiet on his support until after the convention or he will just kinda fade out to live in retirement quietly. As much as I hate this, I can't ignore it in hopes it's not true. The last e-mail sent from the Paul campaign made no reference to his presidential race, only the audit the fed bill. I don't think he will continue to string people along as if he was still serious about the race but he won't make any public statements in fear of doing serious damage to the Liberty Movement. This maybe why the media hasn't gone into attack mode on Ron Paul trying to discredit him.
I was a Ron Paul supporter and he was the first person I ever gave money to for their campaign because I believe in the message. If he had to make some back room deal then so be it, it doesn't make the Liberty Movement any less important. I'm basing this on just what Rand said to Glenn Beck so unless Ron Paul addresses the issue, I have nothing else to go on.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Clearly Ron and Rand are individuals with different political views...and the "mess" in Libya is a good example of where thier views differ. I hope others here are correct in saying The Liberty movement is still strong reguardless of Rand's endorcement of Romney, but as another pointed out, Rand did tell Glenn Beck that "WE" support him. Did he mean his father too, or just his personal camp?

I just feel very dissappointed in Rand for coming out in support of Romney and IMO harming the momentum of Ron Paul's campaign and the Liberty movement he stands for. To say that wasn't a brutal "blow" is silly...but I do appreciate it doesn't change the importance of the "message" and what I believe is the direction our country needs to go, and we can't give up.

Any of us that are parents know sometimes our kids make decisions we don't like, but we also know the sacrafices we are willing to make for them, and that includes standing by thier sides when they do things we don't agree with. Ron Paul is a good father, among his many wonderful qualities...and I have big respect for the man, and he won't be easily replaced...perhaps all of us just need to "pick up the ball" and run where Ron Paul may leave off....but Man, I will miss him if he "fades" away.

Happy Father's Day to Ron Paul and all the other Dad's here on ATS

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I just don't like the whole speculate and assume we know whats up when there is a huge lack of information.

I will know what is up finally when the fat lady sings, so to speak.
I don't hear her yet.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Who cares,
he lost,
Romney is the Nominee,
it is over.

His own son won't vote for him
His own State of Texas rejected him
Romney is way over the delegates needed so any delegates going anywhere at this point is a non newsworthy exercise.
The only thing this demonstrates is the GOP system for nominating delegates is broken when they do not represent the voting public after they voted.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The race is over mainly because Paul is no longer running for president.. he's said so himself, he knows he can't win this now.. Run is staying in this to make as big a statement as possible.. he has said he's going to keep fighting for delegates so he can speak at the convention .. I support Paul and I have all along.. but people hanging on to the idea he's going to some how win the election are deluding themselves..

As for Rand.. I think he just knows his Dad won't be in it in the long run and endorsed the lesser of two evils as he saw it .. ( I'm not saying Romney or Obama are better.. I dislike them both ) ... his BEST bet would have been to not make an endorsement at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I wonder how awkward it was for Rand Paul to wish Ron Paul a Happy Father's Day.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
The race is over mainly because Paul is no longer running for president.. he's said so himself, he knows he can't win this now..

I never heard him say that.

Can I have sources please?

A quotation with citation or a video is sufficient.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I just have a hunch that there is this huge psy op going on.
And that most of you speak falsehoods about politics and law.

Call me suspicious I guess.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Romney is way over the delegates needed so any delegates going anywhere at this point is a non newsworthy exercise.

The convention already happened? Seriously?
Wow I missed it. Time flies I guess.

Is there any video or anything on Youtube? I'll see if I can find it.
I wonder what happened there.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Like I said, we got all these liars mucking everything up with their disinfo.
They don't even care if they speak crap or not.
They just thrive on hate.

Legitimate government by law is not on their agenda.
I oppose them strongly and will speak out against their devious constructions of falsehood.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

The race is over mainly because Paul is no longer running for president.. he's said so himself, he knows he can't win this now..

Thanks.

I dont recall paul saying so, but his campaign chairman, who is an official spokesman for him has:

“Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen, our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination,” campaign chairman Jesse Benton wrote in a strategy memo. “However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

Paul's main motivation at this point is to get a speaker-spot at the convention, and to give his ideas a national platform.
edit on 17-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Thanks.

I dont recall paul saying so, but his campaign chairman, who is an official spokesman for him has:

“Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen, our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination,” campaign chairman Jesse Benton wrote in a strategy memo. “However, our delegates can still make a major impact at the National Convention and beyond.”

www.washingtonpost.com...

That's not saying he is out of the race.
That is saying he is STAYING in the race even though he KNOWS he cannot win.

Reread what he said closely please.

This isn't throwing in the hat, this is staying in a fight you know you will lose.
Totally different.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Are you a Ron Paul supporter? Because he sent out an email just the other day saying he knows he can't win. Is he still in the race? Sure, he hasnt formally conceded, because he wants to ensure he has enough delegates to have enough collateral to get a prominent speaking slot. But he holds no delusions of actually winning.

“When it is all said and done, we will likely have as many as 500 supporters as delegates on the convention floor,” the libertarian lawmaker from Lake Jackson said in his email. “That is just over 20 percent! And while this total is not enough to win the nomination, it puts us in a tremendous position to grow our movement and shape the future of the GOP!”

blog.chron.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hab22
I wonder how awkward it was for Rand Paul to wish Ron Paul a Happy Father's Day.

No doubt, thought the same thing....but we really don't know the whole story....and most of us know how "ruthless" TPTB can be, and perhaps they threatened his Father's life? But at face value....it seems he should have at least waited and seen final delegate count and supported his Father speaking at the Convention. I find it very "bizzare"...but Hell, I find these endless Wars for profit, Our Country being robbed blind, The FED, The War on Drugs, lol, who's biggest "supplier" is the CIA, Martial Law, and eroding our Rights and Constitution to be even MORE "Bizzare" and Outrageous.

I sincerly hope Ron Paul at least gets a chance to speak at the Convention and can possibly at least reach a MASS audience and "force" a dialog with Obama and Romney that at least makes them "uncomfotable" when faced with some very important questions, that need to be directly addressed, and if anyone can make that happen, it's Ron Paul......

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join