It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coolest bars in the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Ice caves, giant coffins and a room inspired by horror classic Alien: Pull up a stool at the coolest bars in the world

For those who like enjoy a bar's decor as much as their signature drink, take a peek at this collection of the best bars the world has to offer. From Chur, Switzerland to Truskavets, Ukraine, these watering holes are home to some of the most odd and amazing ambiance, guaranteed to accompany a night to remember - or one so good, you may not.

Be forewarned, however, you may never venture back to your local dive again.

I've been to some pretty cool Bars and Taverns over the past few decades. All unique, I think for a good bar to really take off is combination of uniqueness, ambiance and great service and fair prices I thought this was worth posting.

I'd love to hang out at the Alien one.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Figures you can't find these in the United States.

Dang wish I was rich because man I would love to visit that skull and bone one. Or the Alien Bar.

That looks wicked cool.

The Ice cave I would probably freeze to death.

Those skull chairs are awesome.

edit on 16-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I've been to a few where I can't remember ever being there

I was told I had a great time though

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I remember going to one bar where they let you inhale oxygen after getting trashed. Now that was fun.
The oxygen had different flavors too.

It' a bummer they took the oxygen bar out. I thought it was cool.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I wonder if the spy bar is still in Milwaukee, WI. It was called International Exports Limited, can't remember what street it was on but I was there in 1977 and had one hell of a time. The entrance was a little 8x12 foot office with a punch clock on the wall, you couldn't see the bar but they had cameras everywhere. When you hit the red button the wall slid away and you had to walk down a ramp inside a 8 foot rotating drum. When you got to the end of the drum tunnel, a new wall slid away and there was a chick in an IRA uniform with a metal detector. If you weren't carrying you got to pass easy, otherwise you had to locker your gun. Once inside, the bar was set up in "areas" from different countries and food was delivered via overhead monorail, basket and claw. To get out of the bar, you went into a phone booth and dialed "99" and you got lowered down to just below street level in a back alley. The place was a hoot, it was way too cool for Milwaukee LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I thought some members would find this interesting

I thought about posting some pics of my favorite bars I've been to but I was all glassy eyed and looking silly in them

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

These are awesome. way more classy than the old number plates nailed to the wall or world currency pegged behind the bar with a dart

love and harmony
whateva

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I was going to offer Cornelius Pass Roadhouse in Hillsboro OR as one of the coolest bars and microbreweries I'd ever seen, but these are definitely cooler! LOL Do they have Ruby Ale?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm more partial to Black and Tan but will settle for Guinness stout

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I think many of us have been to places such as that.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
That ice-themed one is really awesome. A nice cool calm atmosphere and never a lack of ice.

I wonder if Mr. Freeze hangs out there?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
House Drinks would be

The Bones Bar = Bone cocktail

The Ice Bar = Smoking Ice cocktail

And the Gold Bar = 24 caret gold cocktail

and yep these are real drinks

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

edit on 17-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Not as cool as yours, but still one of my favorites, The Caves in Jamaica...

OUR SIGNATURE COCKTAIL

The Cliffhanger Freshly squeezed watermelon juice with a hint of ginger, served with world-famous Appleton Gold Jamaica Rum

Drink and Dive!

www.islandoutpost.com...

edit on 17-6-2012 by BurningSpearess because: source

new topics

top topics

join