It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Sues City of Tulsa For Cutting Down Her Edible Garden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by frazzle

I know what 'agenda 21' is. What I asked you to prove was this statement of yours, which your subsequent post offers no substantiation for whatsoever:

The A-21 plan was/is to create groups of local busybodies, including the Chambers of Commerce and homeowners associations to put pressure on city councils to keep everyone dependent on local businesses. Growing your own food is anathema to them because it makes you independent

Which specific part of my statement are you questioning? I'll just take a stab at one of them ....

www.crossroad.to...

Sigh. I want you to prove your quoted statement above by pointing to the section of Agenda 21 that dictates it.

Your linked source doesnt even mention agenda 21! And is a random blog from 2005!

I'm beginning to suspect it isnt in there, or you would just post it.
edit on 17-6-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
reply to post by jude11

Imagine a world where the person that complained about her yard didn't exist. There're a lot of these scumbags out there and I say they need to be taken out. We don't need these people. They are worthless trash and are not bringing anything good to this world, only problems over nothing such as this case. Kill them and we'll have a better world.

While I can agree partly with your statement, there is a better way.

Don't give the complainers so much power so that they know their complaints are a priority over individual property rights.

It seems that only those that complain have any rights and not the accused.

Peace

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I used to live in okla. I'm amazed she didn't exercise her 2nd amendment rights on these boneheads.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Wheres her savior Obama when they need him.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Sigh.I want you to prove your quoted statement above by pointing to the section of Agenda 21 that dictates it.

Your linked source doesnt even mention agenda 21! And is a random blog from 2005!

Prove? Jesus, does someone have to hand walk you through life? And "It"? What the hell is "it"?

Agenda 21, NGOs and the Chamber are not one single action on one single sheet of paper to make it simple enough to wrap your mind around. I can't help you with that.

CHAMBERS AGENDA

Advancing Globalism while it pretends to be about the environment, it is NOT. A new order has been established that includes the World Bank, the World Trade Organization, the Bank of International Settlements and the United Nations The UN in turn accredits thousands of so-called Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) for the purpose of implementing the U.N.'s Agenda 21, the global-to-local network of localized outposts of the global order and known around America as "Sustainable Development."

Agenda 21 sounds noble, yet,,,,, it usurps sovereignty, private property rights, economic liberty, and hands over power, resources and land to unelected elitists to control populations human action with a written objective that human population be reduced by 85% (who goes?). It provides a planned economy and a redistribution of YOUR wealth. Special interests, NGO's descend on local governments to change them through the establishment of non-elected boards, councils and regional governments. They do not and will not answer to the people.

tulsansforsustainablefreedom.com...

There, now hou have the chamber, agenda 21 and sustainable all in one fell swoop. Think you can make the connection now? If not, I'm done with you, you're on your own.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
It was illegal and she is suing. And I hope she hires mature trees and her garden with the money.

It was not illegal. She said she looked up the ordinance and it says no NON edible plants over 12 inches.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'm tired of complainers.

i'm even more frustrated with people who biow down to them.

Why can't people learn to develop a backbone and tell those whiny idiotic complainers to shut the hell up?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Aw... go easy on yourself. We all have our bad days.

I feel terrible for this woman! I wonder if there's more to the story... Like a homeowner's association... Is she renting or does she own? What were the neighbors complaining about? In ANY case, she didn't get her fair trial The city officials became the judge, jury and executioners. The took the law into their hands.

I hope she gets justice.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by Unity_99
It was illegal and she is suing. And I hope she hires mature trees and her garden with the money.

It was not illegal. She said she looked up the ordinance and it says no NON edible plants over 12 inches.

Pretty sure Unity was saying the actions of the CITY were illegal.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Whats Next? A Garden..whats wrong with our country! Are we all going to have to fight to grow our own food??

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Sigh.I want you to prove your quoted statement above by pointing to the section of Agenda 21 that dictates it.

Prove? Jesus, does someone have to hand walk you through life? And "It"? What the hell is "it

Yes, I expect you to prove your claims that Agenda 21 relies on 'local busybodies

You have had 4 chances to do so now, and have only weakly pointed to a 15 year old blog that makes NO MENTION of agenda 21.

You fail at proving your claim.

I will go one step further and state that this has NOTHING TO DO WITH AGENDA 21 and is about local ordinances and city regulations. If you think a the UN really cares to infiltrate a small city council in a small town in the US, you are delusional beyond belief.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Got the same thing here. At one time, I could stand inside my front room with the door open and target shoot while it was raining outside. The only reason I can't do that now is the building I put in the way of my old shooting range.

I have 5 cars/trucks in my yard. 2 run. One is my old Chevy truck that I am fixing, one is an old Riviera my son wants to restore someday, and another is a Dodge van that I want to restore someday (that thing is great for trips! Like a mini-Winnebago!). No one cares, because I don't care what they have in their yard (also 1/4 mile away).

Please, for any slickers reading this, don't think it's easy living out here. There is no pizza delivery; there is no cable TV (I use a dish), and broadband Internet hasn't been available for very long (DSL or satellite only). Power goes off regularly. If something goes wrong with the well, I have to do without water until I can fix it (just spent a week replacing the whole darn thing as a matter of fact). If I do need the police or an ambulance, it's a 15 minute wait if I am lucky. The nearest store is 10 miles away. If the car breaks down, I either fix it myself or pay a huge towing bill. Sometimes I can smell someone else's chicken or hog pen if the wind is right. Anyone comes onto my property damaging stuff, I have to take care of it. The police clean up the mess when they get here. Ergo, no one does that. At night, there are no public lights; all is dark. There are wild critters running around: possums, coons, deer, rabbits, bobcats, foxes, coyotes, a few armadillos, and the occasional black bear or mountain lion.

It's not for everyone. The freedom, clean air, fresh water, and fresh food all come with a price.

I just think it's worth it. What's mine is mine. The rat race is over for me; the rats won, and I don't care.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

i'm even more frustrated with people who biow down to them.

Why can't people learn to develop a backbone and tell those whiny idiotic complainers to shut the hell up?

So true.

But then there was the man in New Caney that didn't do what his neighbor wanted concerning his music and got shot. Lots of people seem to think their rights are more important then others.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Yes, I expect you to prove your claims that Agenda 21 relies on 'local busybodies

NGOs ARE the busybodies. The Chamber of Commerce is a NGO. Wait until you cross one, they'll get their toadies in your local government to put you out of business in a heartbeat, even in your own back yard, even if you're not harming anyone. Just like the woman in this story. But don't worry, they'll probably get around to you sooner or later anyway, so you won't have to bother looking for them before hand to see what all they can do to you.

Incidentally, the excerpt I posted is from Tulsa, Oklahoma.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I am fairly new to the site, and was amazed to see this article this morn. The reason is because I read about this on the local news a few days ago and just shook my head. I happen to own a rental property in the vicinity of this woman's property. The area is a very poor part of town. There are a few people who grow gardens, I don't know how they get away with it. There are also many abandoned properties, overgrown properties, and very high crime in the area. It is not a neighborhood with a lot of pride. There are no home owners associations. It is plausible she pissed off the wrong person. It is also plausible that the property was overgrown and not properly maintained. You can be assured she received or will receive a bill of thousands of dollars for this "clean-up" I have witnessed it personally many times. It is common for abandoned houses to be condemned and torn down by the city in this area. Without seeing the property personally or knowing her, I cannot state whether this was justified cleaning or not. I can honestly see how this could have happened deserving or not. However, it does help me put into perspective how members on this site chime in on things with their own spin, with no personal knowledge of the situation. I may try to locate the property and woman and discuss this with her and neighbors. If I do, I will update my opinion here. Lastly, please do not believe I am anti-gardening or pro-agenda 21. I have an extensive garden and chickens in my back-yard. Against the covenants of our property owners association. Needless to say I keep my front yard "inedible" and perfectly manicured. I have be-friended the our neighbors and officers of our POA and try to keep a low-profile. I also volunteer for the neighborhood. There are many in the neighborhood who do not like me though and the officers of our POA change yearly, so I have to live with fthe fact that I could be reprimanded at anytime. It is my dream to live in the country as Redneck does, however at this time I am financially trapped in this situation. Anyway I am just rambling at this point, but those are my immediate thought.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blacksheep1

I may try to locate the property and woman and discuss this with her and neighbors. If I do, I will update my opinion here.

That would be excellent. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is what happens when you hand over power and property to banks. Banks get too involved in real estate, so as to force the hand of Homeowner Associations, local councils etc, to micromanage all aspects of someone's life and property. Everything must be the same because it is easier to organize and keep "bank value" on all the properties.

It just is what it is.. the face of fascism by banks and corrupt councils. They no longer turn their cheek to hide, it's just there. It's not deliberate that every house on a street is made to look like a lifeless husk, devoid of humanity.. that's just what corporatism and fascism looks like. Everything is to be made lifeless, lawns are to be cut and nothing is allowed to grow. If you must have flowers, you need to organize them into planters and sections so as to make them appear artificial and lifeless. You may not have a picket fence, white or otherwise, you must have a cold, lifeless chain fence. No trees unless they are small and placed by hand, so as to make sure life does not grow on it's own on your property. Pathways cold cement, vehicles stored inside. Your domicile must appear lifeless and unused at all times, to better represent what you will become. Lifeless, unquestioning automaton. The domicile we have allowed you to reside in must be presentable for sale at all times, whether you think you own it or not. You don't own it.

All this and more, but the city will show up to litter your yard with "Vote For Me" placards and signage throughout the year, but you may not have markers of your own. You are to be invisible.
edit on 17-6-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Blacksheep1

Please do so and get back to us. Real reporting is desperately needed on ATS>

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is just the tip of the iceberg to what our future will look like if we allow these totalitarian measures to continue! Yet many of us continue to ignore the symptoms as if they will go away without any action against
the disease that now threatens our futures! It is said that Idle hands are the devils play thing! this could not be more true in the fight for freedom that ignorance will overwhelm our rights and subdue our needs!
God Help Us because time is short and truth is fleeting!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join