Woman Sues City of Tulsa For Cutting Down Her Edible Garden

page: 10
86
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Furbs
 


No, it is not the law of the land. It is the statutes gone wild of the land. Law has very little to do with our lives. Statutes and ordinances are not law, but they are cleverly disguised as such. Too bad most people are brainwashed by the school systems to believe it.


Stop posting stupidity.

en.wikipedia.org...

As you can plainly see in plain English, a statute is a law according to the United States Code.


Learn to read yourself buddy.

There are different types of laws and some have authority over others.

In many nations statutory law is distinguished from and subordinate to constitutional law.


Statutory law is subordinate of Constitutional law.




posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasT
reply to post by Blacksheep1
 

Why would they care if someone grew their own food?


The real issue is that she followed the law and made sure that all plants over 12 inches were edible...and yet they still destroyed the lot.

Peace



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TexasT
 


Not sure why they bought here, you may know more than me about that. I do know that one set of investors bought over 250 houses in that area. Picked em up for $5-$10k each. Total dumps. A/C's, furnaces and hot water heaters missing. Floors rotted All kitchen and bath fixtures in need of replacement. My job was to do the initial inspection to give them the condition of the property and go back and re-inspect after work was completed. They RARELY came into town, Maybe once or twice the whole time. They completely rehabbed them. Very poor quality work! But new A/C's chained down to the slab. Granite kitchen counters, and baths. I asked why they spent so much money on counters and tubs, they told me because they are virtually indestructible. I didn't ask to many questions and as I previously stated the work was very shoddy. But they passed section 8 standards and they rented them from anywhere between $650-$850 a month. Filled em up as fast as they completed them. This was back in 2007, before the housing crisis.



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blacksheep1
I will be visiting the property this week. I will post photos. I will also post any video interviews I can muster up. I have made some phone calls and talked to some people in the neighborhood. It truly does appear we are being played by the media. It makes me wonder about other threads that get so hyped up here. I am on of the biggest anti-big government, pro-liberty people out there. I have broke many of the "rules" of the POA I live in. However, I am respectful of my neighbors and try to help out. Therefore I am respected to an extent. I know that many do not want to hear it, and I hate saying it, but at this point I have to say this appears to be a lady who had an unkempt yard and the city took care of it. Poorly at that. Please compare in the video, the plants where the house is visible and the plants where it is not visible. Clearly a different garden. I truly do feel for this lady, and wish her the best. However, I also think this is a case of a frivolous lawsuit gone viral. Just my thoughts.


I have a new hero!

Please post what you find.

Peace



posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Furbs
 


No, it is not the law of the land. It is the statutes gone wild of the land. Law has very little to do with our lives. Statutes and ordinances are not law, but they are cleverly disguised as such. Too bad most people are brainwashed by the school systems to believe it.


Stop posting stupidity.

en.wikipedia.org...

As you can plainly see in plain English, a statute is a law according to the United States Code.


Learn to read yourself buddy.

There are different types of laws and some have authority over others.

In many nations statutory law is distinguished from and subordinate to constitutional law.


Statutory law is subordinate of Constitutional law.


Yeah, I'm aware of that. City governments cannot pass a law that violates the Constitution. That doesn't make it less of a law.



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


How would they know they were medicinal plants unless they asked her? She said they wouldn't talk to her? You gotta remember these are city employees, not arborist's, herbologist's or nurserymen.

As to the 12", that is clearly not true. In the video, under the carport, there are sucker trees growing up the supports to shoulder height. These are clearly just unkempt trees, not edible. Also I didnt know daylillies were edible. I could be wrong on that though.



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
OK, I need to chime in here. I think that everyone on this thread has missed the point of the whole issue with this woman's yard being ripped up.

It has nothing to do with local codes, by-laws or rules. It has little to do with what someone is allowed to grow for "food" (this is just part of a bigger picture). I agree that this has everything to do with NWO, big pharma. as well as Monsanto and their ilk. However, it is much more disturbing and insidious than this.

If you notice at the very intro. to the newscast, the anchor says..."she knows which plant relieves arthritis...which one spices food...which plant...blah, blah.... Obviously, she was either selling herbs or giving advise to someone on healing herbs and big pharma or Monsanto got wind of it....(Monsanto is the freakin antichrist, if there is one, as far as I am concerned. I have seen and heard things about them in my rural farming community in Canada that would make your head spin!!!!..... Country or city you cannot escape them..... but that is another tale for another time.....)

Hmmm...I digress....It is illegal in almost every country in the world to manufacture, buy, sell, prescribe or advise anyone to take herbal remedies without costly and stringent government licensing of said products. This has come into full effect in recent years in all of the G whatever countries: Canada, the US, the EU and Australia etc. etc. Read your legislation folks... here is an interesting link at the WHO website

So, by the letter of this law in Canada (which I am certain is identical in all other developed countries), if I grow an herb for my son's bronchitis and make it into a tea for him, I am breaking the law.

Yes....Monsanto tells us what and how to grow our food, which makes us sick then big Pharma tells us we must use their drugs to cure our ills instead of living healthfully and curing ourselves naturally...lovely world we have created for our children!



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by Domo1
You have got to bee expletiving kidding me. No plants over a foot? On your own property? Getting cited for having an inoperable vehicle IN THE DRIVEWAY? I would have lost my expletive. I should be able to erect (heh) a 15 foot tall concrete penis ON MY OWN PROPERTY.


neighborhoods routinely have local ordinances saying what you can do on your property.

Not saying I approve. Just pointing out they exist. Just because it's 'your property' doesnt mean you can do whatever you want, especially in city limits.



i don't like you and i strongly disagree with your opinion, politely.


i added you as a rival.


mods, before you remove this comment for being ill mannered, let me tell you this.


i don't give you permission to punish me for expressing my opinion, and separating myself from this user with a passion of extreme disagreement.


i simply haven't done anything wrong, and i want to make that clear.


(edit: not you Domo, your a cool cat ^_^ )

peace.
edit on 18-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Originally posted by Domo1
You have got to bee expletiving kidding me. No plants over a foot? On your own property? Getting cited for having an inoperable vehicle IN THE DRIVEWAY? I would have lost my expletive. I should be able to erect (heh) a 15 foot tall concrete penis ON MY OWN PROPERTY.


neighborhoods routinely have local ordinances saying what you can do on your property.

Not saying I approve. Just pointing out they exist. Just because it's 'your property' doesnt mean you can do whatever you want, especially in city limits.



i don't like you and i strongly disagree with your opinion, politely.


i added you as a rival.


mods, before you remove this comment for being ill mannered, let me tell you this.


i don't give you permission to punish me for expressing my opinion, and separating myself from this user with a passion of extreme disagreement.


i simply haven't done anything wrong, and i want to make that clear.


(edit: not you Domo, your a cool cat ^_^ )

peace.
edit on 18-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)


I have to agree that you have carried yourself within the T&C and without a doubt...an extreme amount of patience.

I only wish that you didn't allow it to escalate so far as to go completely off topic but hey...we've all been there...


Peace



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by krazykanuk
OK, I need to chime in here. I think that everyone on this thread has missed the point of the whole issue with this woman's yard being ripped up.

It has nothing to do with local codes, by-laws or rules. It has little to do with what someone is allowed to grow for "food" (this is just part of a bigger picture). I agree that this has everything to do with NWO, big pharma. as well as Monsanto and their ilk. However, it is much more disturbing and insidious than this.

If you notice at the very intro. to the newscast, the anchor says..."she knows which plant relieves arthritis...which one spices food...which plant...blah, blah.... Obviously, she was either selling herbs or giving advise to someone on healing herbs and big pharma or Monsanto got wind of it....(Monsanto is the freakin antichrist, if there is one, as far as I am concerned. I have seen and heard things about them in my rural farming community in Canada that would make your head spin!!!!..... Country or city you cannot escape them..... but that is another tale for another time.....)

Hmmm...I digress....It is illegal in almost every country in the world to manufacture, buy, sell, prescribe or advise anyone to take herbal remedies without costly and stringent government licensing of said products. This has come into full effect in recent years in all of the G whatever countries: Canada, the US, the EU and Australia etc. etc. Read your legislation folks... here is an interesting link at the WHO website

So, by the letter of this law in Canada (which I am certain is identical in all other developed countries), if I grow an herb for my son's bronchitis and make it into a tea for him, I am breaking the law.

Yes....Monsanto tells us what and how to grow our food, which makes us sick then big Pharma tells us we must use their drugs to cure our ills instead of living healthfully and curing ourselves naturally...lovely world we have created for our children!


I'm originally from next door...Manitoba.

If someone told my grandmother that she couldn't grow herbs to help my grandfather with his arthritis pain, she would have shot them at her property boundary before they could deliver a letter.

Damn, I hate Monsanto with such a passion...

Peace



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


I hope she wins. But imo what people should do is have several hundreds, thousand, or more, defendants who had gone through the same thing as this woman should file for a "class action".

If some member, or members have gone through the same thing as she has I would contact her and see if you can file for a "class action" together.

But you will need at least hundreds of people in the same situation, which my gut is telling me is possible has already happened.



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
She should move to the countryside, problem solved.


The government should mind their own god damn business.

Problem solved.



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by phantom150
 



You have homes getting foreclosed, a country in debit which is virtually unpayable, lack of jobs, poor education and all your government cares for is the size of your plants...its crazy
Just trying to be honest here, you've let this monster grow to big...


Oh my goodness me! No you have that completely wrong. The US economy is growing and the jobless figures are falling. The number of jobs is increasing and the education system is wonderful and the property market is starting to boom again.

Um, no the jobless figures are NOT falling because people are dropping out of the net and having to live in tent cities.

No, no the economy IS growing. The US is exporting it's life styles and jobs all over the world.

Yes, the jobs are increasing. How can you say they are not? Well yes there was a shortfall but they are still increasing and now the US counts everyone who works for 1 hour a week as having a job and thus not jobless. Great isn't it.

Yes the US IS selling more houses. No the fact that they are knock down prices on job lots of repossessed home has absolutely no bearing on the matter.

Oh and yes Codex Alimentarius is alive and well and living in Tulsa.



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by krazykanuk
 



So, by the letter of this law in Canada (which I am certain is identical in all other developed countries), if I grow an herb for my son's bronchitis and make it into a tea for him, I am breaking the law.


Not strictly correct. If you state that is the reason then you may b breaking the law. If however you make an infusion of a herb and give it to your son and others because it tastes nice that is NOT breaking the law as no medical implication has been made.

There is no law that prevents you making an infusion of pertussis (colt's foot) because you enjoy it. If you do so to cure your son's, partner's, neighbour's cough then you are breaking the law.

If the person to whom you gave this infusion suffers a reaction then again you may be in trouble with the law from the point of view of poisoning as you would have to prove your reasoning and that would be difficult.

Next step is making it illegal to feed any substance to anyone, including yourself, that has not been approved for the purpose. Then they have you.

edit on 18/6/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan


Oh and yes Codex Alimentarius is alive and well and living in Tulsa.


I hear it's a dry heat.



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well, isnt that a shame, I know that when my neighbor cut down my 125 year old tree, while I was at work, to put a stupid fence up, that was over my property line. I took that Idoit to court, and WON, he had to pay $1,250, a dollar for every year I guess, and the court costs, hardly pay back. The tree was so much better looking than a stupid 6 foot fence. Some people just dont think, The city of Tulsa, should pay her for what she was going to yeild from those veggies and fruit, and if they cut down her tree, they should pay, or plant one back. I wonder if the Mayor or city officials in Tulsa have big nice Landscaping, that might need some trimming, with a weed-eater



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blacksheep1
reply to post by TexasT
 


Not sure why they bought here, you may know more than me about that. I do know that one set of investors bought over 250 houses in that area. Picked em up for $5-$10k each. Total dumps. A/C's, furnaces and hot water heaters missing. Floors rotted All kitchen and bath fixtures in need of replacement. My job was to do the initial inspection to give them the condition of the property and go back and re-inspect after work was completed. They RARELY came into town, Maybe once or twice the whole time. They completely rehabbed them. Very poor quality work! But new A/C's chained down to the slab. Granite kitchen counters, and baths. I asked why they spent so much money on counters and tubs, they told me because they are virtually indestructible. I didn't ask to many questions and as I previously stated the work was very shoddy. But they passed section 8 standards and they rented them from anywhere between $650-$850 a month. Filled em up as fast as they completed them. This was back in 2007, before the housing crisis.


A whole lot of issues have been brought to this non-edible food fight about this one lady’s yard and it would be impossible to address them all in one post ~ WHO, big pharma, Monsanto, agenda 21, city councils, chambers of commerce and NGO’s in general.

In my estimation, they all figure into situations like this, but when did it all start? It wasn’t all that many years ago that no one had ever heard of HOAs and HMOs and city ordinances that infringed on the height of a taxpayer’s garden or what was parked in their private driveways or the color of garage doors or chickens in the back yard. Or even regarding the condition of their homes if they presented no danger to anyone else. It wasn’t even a matter of slow mission creep, all these organizations and rules were just suddenly everywhere you looked. Not to help, but to evict.

Now how could that happen if somebody wasn’t talking and planning behind the scenes to make it all spring up so suddenly from coast to coast and even worldwide?

I think it was back in the 80’s when cities began many eminent domain actions against lower income housing and small business areas, turning those properties over to developers for as little as one dollar “to upgrade”, thus running the “blighters” elsewhere, adding new rules for the newly refurbished properties and bringing more tax dollars into the city and county coffers. Many of those confiscated properties were developed specifically as HOAs, shopping centers, malls and high rise apartments and often the developers simply vanished after the projects were completed and their checks were cashed. Questions: who selected and awarded these contracts to the developers and who paid them? Did this idea just magically occur to councils and commissions everywhere all at once, or was it presented to them as a full blown plan? Who was doing the presentations?

As I said much earlier, the international chamber of commerce was already well organized prior to the second world war and it was very instrumental in setting up the UN charter and writing the rules for all of the organizations listed above, including agenda 21 (links several pages back). Now fast forward 60 years and simply know that you can go to any city council meeting to meet the high rollers from your local chamber and likewise, if you want to meet your city council members, go to a chamber mixer. Cozy. Just don’t ask them what they discuss together behind closed doors after they’re through entertaining the dues-paying, know-nothing members.

Fortunately, many states and local communities are already rejecting these “smart growth”, “sustainable development”, agenda 21 principles that can bring about the kinds of things that happened in this instance. communitysolutionsmn.wordpress.com... I don’t know where the state of Oklahoma stands on these matters and I’m not saying Tulsa wants to drive this woman out of her home to upgrade the neighborhood (sounds wonderful, doesn’t it?), but more people need to know what’s being done right under their own noses before something like this happens to someone they love ~ or even themselves.

jmo



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle
 


I'll say it again, Equating this local issue at the hands of incompetent city officials with a UN Directive is absolutely absurd.

The UN does not control the Tulsa parks and rec department.



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The soil in US cities by these homes isn't exactly very good for farming.

Lead paint, asbestos, chemicals dumped over the decades killing ants/bugs, carcinogens, fallout.......

If you want to grow your own food, your front yard in a city is the LAST place you want to grow it.
For all we know the prior tenants of this home used the front yard to work on cars and the soil is full of oil/antifreeze/brake fluid and battery acid.

She picked a horrible place to grow food/herbs/medicine.



posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
The soil in US cities by these homes isn't exactly very good for farming.

Lead paint, asbestos, chemicals dumped over the decades killing ants/bugs, carcinogens, fallout.......

If you want to grow your own food, your front yard in a city is the LAST place you want to grow it.
For all we know the prior tenants of this home used the front yard to work on cars and the soil is full of oil/antifreeze/brake fluid and battery acid.

She picked a horrible place to grow food/herbs/medicine.


Plant a seed where the soil is polluted with oil/antifreeze/brake fluid and/or battery acid and guess what will happen. Clue: nothing. The city would have had an easy job cutting her plants down as nothing would have been there but black greasy soil.

Millions of people grow gardens inside city limits and you'll have a hard time proving anyone has ever been harmed by that produce.

But Roundup on your Roundup ready veggies, now that just makes good sense.






top topics



 
86
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

log in

join