It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expendable: The Political Sacrifice of Schapelle Corby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
There are many unanswered questions about the conviction of Schapelle Corby. For me, there many things about the official trial & conviction that just don't add up. Too many vital questions that werent covered by the media For example; how many people know that her 'boogy' bag was in fact 5kg over the maximum 60kg allowed? Until now I had never heard this fact mentioned by the media. Why not?

How many people know that the marijuana Corby was caught with was worth only $5K in Indonesia but a staggering $40K in Australia? Again, I never heard this fact mentioned by the media (is this another irrelevant fact?). Yet here was Corby smuggling the dope IN to Indonesia & OUT of Australia?? Did she not understand mathematics? It just doesnt make sense.

In the video you will see how in 2004 during her trial there was much political manouvering & dodging by the Australian Government which the video largely attributes to the growing tensions between Australia & Indonesia (a largely muslim nation & neighbour) at the time.

I have always 'sat on the fence' on this one with no definite opinion on her guilt either way, though the case has always had an extremely bad smell about it. I am now more of the opinion she is in fact innocent. I believe she was a victim of corrupt Qantas baggage handlers that quite likely placed the marijuana in the wrong bag. It makes sense its intended destination was another Australian state. In the video you will see how another Australian couple found marijuana in there bag after arriving in Bali... fortunately for them they weren't caught..

Documentary Sypnosis: "A documentary about how a government wilfully withheld vital evidence from a court of law, deceived its public, orchestrated an unprecedented media campaign, and ruthlessly deployed its organs of state against one of its own citizens.

This is a frightening but entirely true narrative; a grotesque political horror story which is still unfolding today. It exposes what happens when an individual’s human rights conflict with strategic political need.

It reveals the ruthless use of a government’s organs of state, and a regime of unprecedented opinion management, against a single working class woman and her desperate family.

It presents, and demonstrates, the crushing, pre-meditated, and often brutal acts which a western government is prepared to inflict upon a helpless citizen, in pursuit of political expediency."

edit on 16-6-2012 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

Fact is, the Corby family are well known for their connection with weed. Schapelle's young half brother is sitting in jail after he pleaded guilty to a variety of charges relating to weed and assault. I've always wondered why this half brother who was travelling with his half sister to Bali at the time Schapelle was caught by Customs, left Bali pretty damn fast and never attempted to visit her - at least until he was arrested in Australia for unrelated charges but still included weed. The now deceased father had connections here in Australia to suppliers too.

Did Schapelle have any knowledge of the weed in her boogie board? If so, was she aware of the amount? Did her brother have any knowledge? Perhaps the boggie board belonged to the brother and Schapelle was covering for him? Did they not have enough cash to pay off a certain Customs officer at Bali (if there was one involved at all) ?

Had Schapelle's sister and her husband trafficked weed to Bali on earlier trips from Australia? This report came out afew years after Schapelle's arrest in Bali.

No matter how you look at it, fact is Schapelle was caught and Indonesia's laws, whether we like them or not, have to be respected like any other country we travel to.

Is Schapelle really innocent? I don't know! If she was guilty, her sentence was rather harsh however the law is the law in Indonesia.

I do know the Australian Federal Police set up the Bali 9 even though the Bali 9 were guilty but they could had been stopped here via Australian Customs when AFP knew full well what the Bali 9 were travelling with before they even got on their plane.

Is there a swap going on behind closed doors we don't know about re whispers in the media of late? Probably.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I have seen this video and I wholehartedly agree with what OP has said. I througherly recommend this video to all Australians in particular

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

The general thrust of your post is not in dispute and is not the issue. The issue is the way the Australian government sacrificed Schappele for the sake of foreign policy objectives and is still doing so to this day.

Both of Schepple's Australian and Indonesian lawyers tried to get Schepples baggage check in records from Qantas but they could not. This is something the Australian Government could have assisted with. This vital piece of evidence could have proven Schepples claim and her case but the Australian Government refused to lift a finger to help.

Have you also noticed how Qantas's name has been kept out of this entire affair? The media has rarely if ever, mentioned Qantas in its coverage of Schepples case. Perhaps you might choose to ponder on possible reasons why.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
A lot about the Corby case stinks to high heaven.

She, or her family, would have to have been a bunch of dumb bunnies to 'IMPORT' a contraband substance, which was worth far, far more in her place of departure???

The contraband was apparently found in a SEE-THROUGH plastic zipclose bag inside the 'boogie-bag'...was she, or her family so dumb, confident...whatever, to think this would make it, to a destination where it was worth far, far less than her place of departure???...and, where the penalty was so severe???

Several factors relating to drug importation are missing completely, in her case...
Here's one...
She was not coaxed, by means of payment to IMPORT, an amount of contraband (worth more in her home country) into another country...the 'Bali 9' admitted this very early on - MOTIVE!

She had no MOTIVE!

akushla

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
ok so here it is i have not believed any of the accusations against this girl from the beginning it is a total government cover up and i dont give a # who is vetting my statements . i will be going to an exclusive meeting-next friday usually attended by top judges and other such luminaries in Australia i will as usual be plaiting the case for the immediate release of this girl on humanitarian grounds . this situation can no longer be tolerated i am beyond angry

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
We got an email earlier today from someone I assume is connected with the production team of the documentary "Expendable". They asked if we could give the film and the supporting evidence of the Australian Government's "cover-up" some attention.

After reviewing the evidence on the site and watching the documentary, here: www.expendable.tv... my hatred for government corruption, political protection at the cost of an innocent life, and general scumbaggery has been stimulated.

After reviewing the evidence and watching the documentary I am convinced there was a concerted effort by Australian officials to allow this young woman to be locked up for a crime she had nothing to do with. Rather than assist one of their own citizens in serious trouble in a foreign country, they actually appear to have gone out of their way to do the exact opposite. The motivations for these egregious actions and inactions by the Australian Government can be argued to be many.

The evidence that supports the allegations of cover up for pure political protection and the willingness to use the life of one of your own citizens as currency for international affairs and protecting high level government officials is astounding. I hope it gets to see the light of day and those responsible are held to account.

Springer...

new topics

top topics

join