It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinister Glasses/Spectacles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

it doenst matter that your unemployed or what not what matters is your topic and how you got to the conclusion you got to and to me it seems like you might be onto to something here

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I hate those little skinny glasses too... it's fine if you're 20, but when you're older, you want something that helps you see, not something that makes you look "cool". .. and they look REALLY stupid on older people. If you're in your 40's, they make you look like you're in your 60's and on the not-so-bright side.
I like to go as plain as possible, either wire frames or frameless and a nice, medium sized oval or rounded lense. Is that too much to ask for?
I guess if you just got the eye exam and took your prescription somewhere else, you could buy the frames/style you want.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Did you try asking for contact lenses instead?

I don't see any conspiracy here.

You can always put a hat on and grow a beard if you're trying to disguise your appearance.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think you might be on to something here hawk.
S&F for good conspiracy thinking.

They sure are obsessed with the CCTV program,
I think it's creepy as hell.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince

I think you need to limit your time on here and then concentrate on getting a job , then you can have any frame you desire . I wouldn't mind betting you pounced on your unemployment situation to maybe get some free specs , courtesy of the state and then you were disappointed with your options ?

If you don't like it, stop paying taxes. Until you have the courage to do so you have no right to complain.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
why am i not surprised that no one has even considered any other reason for this design being the NHS standard perscription ?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i think that the frame is smaller because it uses less material, therefor it is cheaper to produce. that's why usually we see this style with cheap glasses, and also reading glasses because most people wear them on the end of their nose when reading so that they can magnify the book but then use their regular vision to look up at whatever else like the TV without having to take them off

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jooles

Of course we do have CCTV, in banks, shops, malls, etc...but not on every corner of every street like in the UK,

I've had to point out on more than one occasion that this is a total myth about the U.K. If there are people on this site still thinking this is the case they are very much mistaken.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Interesting theory.

But there are a few holes in it.

Firstly, what would the point of needing facial recognition on a very small group of people?

Secondly, why does the current fashion of sunglasses cover the eyes entirely?

It makes no sense to me.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You are probably correct.

Ignore the naysayers, they don't have the insight you do

When we were at OWS in our major city, we were photographed and filmed by people who wore very conservative business suits and sun glasses (it was sunny outside).

They did look like FBI or CIA or some fraction of our alphabet government.

And yes I have researched and face recognition is in fact, being used enmasse.

Good, insightful thread.

Most people are just not aware how much we are being tagged, monitored, categorized and input into multi databases.

And no, our governments do not have the common man/woman/child's best interest at heart.

It's all run by very power hungry, greedy and nefarious entities.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by 0rbital

A total myth? I've lived 8 years in the UK and haven't seen elsewhere so many CCTV cameras on the street.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Right, don't pay your taxes and you will end up in a 9X9 cell with a toilet next to your bed and a loving room mate.

The myth of not having to pay taxes is real bad advice.

I know a person now in a Federal Prison for not paying taxes. He lost his house, his car, his wife and kids.

The system is bigger than the common man/woman................try to muck with the IRS and you will regret it.

Not unless you know how to drop off the grid completely and day by day that gets more impossible.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
More CCTV related paranoia - why do they want to watch my every move?

Who says they do? Do people honestly think that all CCTV cameras are monitored by a human eye 24/7? that's nothing short of ridiculous.

Most CCTV is recorded footage that's only checked through if and when something happens. CCTV cameras in city centres may be monitored to an extent to that police can respond quickly, like say if someoe is being attacked.

Nobody cares what you're doing...nobody is interested in watching you go to work, you are not that interesting - and you KNOW it...we all know it. Our lives for the most part are dull and not worth watching...nobody wants to ogle you walking to work, insane paranoia is what it is.

I've said it before on other threads, I'm saying it again, this whole paranoia about big brother is ridiculous...what's your vision of the future? We're all beig monitored for 3600 seconds of every hour, every hour of every day, every day of every week. Yeah, there are a goup of people who are employed to stalk you, because the gov't care about your journey to work, or a walk to some shop to buy groceries.

And, naturally...the people watching us ar being watched by other people...and those people are also being watched and monitored by another group of people who are also being monitored...and thus it continueth...

Until the world is nothing more than a group of sinister, paranoid idiots whose only role in life it to monitor other people and be monitored - stupid, stupid...bloody stupid.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I opened this thread thinking that I would be amused by a bunch of silliness (based on the thread title), but having now read the thread, I must say to the OP: well done!

Very interesting thread indeed. Good observation and extremely likely to be the case.

edit on 17-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I don't know where he's from, he doesn't list his location. Here in Canada though, there is no prison sentence for refusing to pay tax. They will do everything in their power to make the rest of your existence a living hell though.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
WIKI says

"Other conditions where face recognition does not work well include poor lighting, sunglasses, long hair, or other objects partially covering the subject’s face, and low resolution images"

en.wikipedia.org...

You maybe right, the technology does have a weakness against glasses. I do not understand why they would not offer you larger size glasses. People have different face shapes and its not like small glasses are NOT known to have poor visibility. I am sure who ever came up with the program understood this. I bet they get a ton of complaints as well.
edit on 17-6-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I've had glasses like those for about 8 yrs now, except they're thin wire frames. My gf helped me pick them out from about a dozen or so choices. I only wear them when driving, mainly at night. During the day i normally wear my wrap around prescription sunglasses when driving.

It's interesting that frame is the only choice for OP. I guess it's an insurance thing for the cheapest frames? But as far as facial recognition goes, they would be great for allowing that.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Try restricting your food intake. I did this once and my eyes became razor sharp. I am well within the age that eyes start to require help, and I've avoided it thus far. You may find that you need far less food than you're accustomed to having. I'm not a doctor, but I suspect that eyes get used to being assisted, over time, a short amount of time.

Your original thought on the eye frames being offered is correct, imo.

I too noted the popularity of the skinny frames, far back, with david wallace in vintage The Office, or the palin brigade driving up the prices of her model eyewear...I noted it with a sinister tone, sort of how the new digital bleeeeep bleep phone ring tone of the early 80's had an alarm feel to it, like something's wrong. They were pushing hard hard programs and plans at that juncture, in our lives, I recall. The minimalistic eyewear, aside from being logistically sound (less blind spots etc...), may very well have a reason to expand such to make seem foolish anyone wearing anything else. But I do declare, that big plastic framed sunglasses can be much more effective than anything skinny, with dark lenses. Blockage is key, with sun wear.
edit on 17-6-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join