It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American soldiers tell it the way it is...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Here is a selection of letters sent by people serving in iraq, OK so it's Mr. Moore again.. but hey

www.guardian.co.uk...

Go on have a read...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Need to censor that site, arrest Michael Moore for treason and then hang his sloppy ___!

People like him are worthless! They're just breathing good air and eating good food. A good person should be breathing the air that this slob is breathing.

My verdict! Death! I don't care how it's done, Just Do It!

This is just my opinion on the matters. We are at war and we got this little liberal, whoops! I said little! This ________-_-__ going around stirring up trouble!

[edit on 5/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
@ Intelearthling

So Adolf, how was the war for you...

Seriously though you shoul get yourself a brown shirt... oh and do the world a favour sign up, go to Iraq and "stay" there... catch some lead or something...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
We are spending money out the ass for this #, and very few of the projects are going to the Iraqi people. Someone's back is getting scratched here, and it ain't the Iraqis'!
Well need I say more?
Intelearthling I hate to break this to you but just because people dont agree with the most navie President in history dosnt make them traitors.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Need to censor that site, arrest Michael Moore for treason and then hang his sloppy ___!

People like him are worthless! They're just breathing good air and eating good food. A good person should be breathing the air that this slob is breathing.

My verdict! Death! I don't care how it's done, Just Do It!

This is just my opinion on the matters. We are at war and we got this little liberal, whoops! I said little! This ________-_-__ going around stirring up trouble!

[edit on 5/10/04 by Intelearthling]

Since when is ones opinion and outspoken ways treason? Oh ya, thats right, when Homeland Security became in full effect.

So then, by your rationilization, you too should be put to death for breathing HIS (Moore) air based on his opinion of your closedminded and narrow points of view !!

Jeez man, someone has views other than your own and you go ape-sht.

Misfit

kix

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think M Moorte has his own agenda and follows it, maybe wrongly but he is getting the other side and its always good to hear both sides to any story....

that said I think this 2 letters sum it up quite nicely:

quote:

Sent: Friday February 27 2004 2.35am
Subject: None

As we can all obviously see, Iraq was not and is not an imminent threat to the United States or the rest of the world. My time in Iraq has taught me a little about the Iraqi people and the state of this war-torn, poverty-stricken country.

The illiteracy rate in this country is phenomenal. There were some farmers who didn't even know there was an Operation Iraqi Freedom. This was when I realised that this war was initiated by the few who would profit from it and not for its people. We, as the coalition forces, did not liberate these people; we drove them even deeper into poverty. I don't foresee any economic relief coming soon to these people by the way Bush has already diverted its oil revenues to make sure there will be enough oil for our SUVs.

We are here trying to keep peace when all we have been trained for is to destroy. How are 200,000 soldiers supposed to take control of this country? Why didn't we have an effective plan to rebuild Iraq's infrastructure? Why aren't the American people more aware of these atrocities?

My fiancee and I have seriously looked into moving to Canada as political refugees.

Sent: Thursday April 15 2004 12.41am
Subject: From KBR truck driver now in Iraq

Mike, I am a truck driver right now in Iraq. Let me give you this one small fact because I am right here at the heart of it: since I started this job several months ago, 100% (that's right, not 99%) of the workers I am aware of are inflating the hours they claim on their time sheets. There is so much more I could tell you. But the fact is that MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of dollars are being raped from both the American taxpayers and the Iraqi people because of the unbelievable amount of greed and abuse over here. And yes, my conscience does bother me because I am participating in this rip-off

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I think M Moorte has his own agenda and follows it, maybe wrongly but he is getting the other side and its always good to hear both sides to any story....

Since when des MM show both sides of any story?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A neighbor of mine went to Iraq for a year!! (USMC)

He recently got home and is now fighting NOT to go back!!

He said it was HELL, and he and his wife cries at night thinking of him having to return.

It is all about the almighty dollar and Mr. Cheney and Co.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Some of these war-hawks will deny the truth to their last dying breath.

NO WMDs = MISTAKE
NO LINK TO AL-QAEDA = MISTAKE
NO-BID CONTRACTS TO HALIBUTON = MISTAKE
IMPROPERLY OUTFITED SERVICE PERSONS = MISTAKE

Follow Bush to the Dead-End he and his followers want.

I am alive and live in America.

You support freedom in Iraq? GO LIVE THERE.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tesla
A neighbor of mine went to Iraq for a year!! (USMC)

He recently got home and is now fighting NOT to go back!!

He said it was HELL, and he and his wife cries at night thinking of him having to return.

It is all about the almighty dollar and Mr. Cheney and Co.

Oh OK this naeighbour isn't imaginary by any chance ?

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

I am alive and live in America.

You support freedom in Iraq? GO LIVE THERE.

What a complete moron, no more commentary needed.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Isnt it funny how you never hear these letters on the news? One would think that our government, the leading world power, the moral right, would be agianst such acts of corruption. You would think that this very same government would care about its soldiers enough to give them the proper protection to survive. Well, this government would do all those things, and more, if it were everything we believe it is. The sad fact is , our government is nothing like our perceptions. If these letters are making you feel a little upset, betrayed, our just flat out fed up with our government, to bad... or is it? If you dont think this government is doing its job, then FIRE THE BOSS! Thats right, get George Bush out of office. Elect a different president who WILL stand up for our soldiers. Elect a president who hasnt already run 3 different companies into bankruptsy ( 4 if you count America ). All I know is that in the 8 years Bill Clinton was in office, I had a good paying job, health benifits, money in my bank account, hell, I even had enough money start three IRA accounts. Flash to present. Im unemployed, I had to go back to college to learn a new skill, My bank account currently has about 38 cents in it, and the whole country is at odds with each other over this stupid a55 war for oil. Please help elect someone who wont cause letters like this to be written.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You simply fail to pass the test of logic.

Some minds are too small to support cogent thought.

Some minds expand to comprehend entire universes.

top topics

join