It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Daniels invented in the UK not Lynchburg

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
JD = really bad breath

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Second of all, even if it is the same recipe, if you like Jack Daniels, then you like an American whiskey. The recipe is only one part of the flavor, the water used to make it has a huge influence. Jack Daniels would NOT be Jack Daniels unless it was made right where it is now, in America.

I'm a bit skeptical of the claim that the water makes that big of a difference.

Another thing, why would Europeans make alcohol from Corn? Corn is not native to Europe, it's native to the Americas. Wheat, barley, rye and oats are all far, far more common in the UK in across Europe in general as far as alcohol production is concerned, so why would they use Corn?

Actually, corn was being used in UK for dstilling as early as the 1700's.

The government had given enormous financial backing to the distilling industry at the beginning of the century, having realised that the production of spirits offered a solution to the problem of the corn surplus. Spirits were hugely profitable and were produced in abundance. Consequently they were dirt cheap, and as gin and brandy shops spread like rashes over the cities' poor districts, the incidence of alcoholism among men, women and even children became appallingly high.

www.bl.uk...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
perhaps...but if you're ever driving down Interstate 65...you can smell the Whiskey in the air.

that's 80 proof about who makes it.
edit on 16-6-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

another uk v us thread

That is not how i wanted it to come across
I will still drink it wether it is originally from America or Wales
And remember to always
Drink Jack responcebly

Cran

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
JD has been a companion and solace for me in times of melancholic woe, as well as a friend sharing in happy moments. i can't say i'm bothered where it originated, because i'm not.

but it's nice.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Disclaimer
Other brands are also availiable

Cran

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Another thing, why would Europeans make alcohol from Corn? Corn is not native to Europe.

Just because you guys use it in everything it doesn't mean it's not grown in other countries. It just isn't a staple in other countries as much as the US.

I remember growing up, in the UK, we'd have corn on the cob once in awhile, but it was like a treat not something that was in everything you eat.

What you call Corn is called Maize in Europe, and Corn in Europe is any cereal crop.

Maize is widely cultivated throughout the world, and a greater weight of maize is produced each year than any other grain.[citation needed] The United States produces 40% of the world's harvest;...

Maize

edit on 6/16/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84
reply to post by cranspace

I always knew something that tastes this good could not have been invented in America

Did the recipe say to make sure to go to Tennessee and find Cave Creek, the water source essential for making JD?

I doubt it.

No! The Thames or whatever they used back in "Merry Old England" to make Jack back in the day....

Jack could've had a completely different taste if it wasn't made from Cave Creek water.

No, the Thames River or whatever water was better. OHHH That was was already polluted. And I don't drink Mash. OK...I've had Maker Marks and Jack.

It doesn't matter where the recipe came from. Ask NAPA VALLEY!

We do it better here.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The best thing about this is America has always made things better. And its always been made here and it will always taste great keep up the good work JD I love that stuff

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
English woman's memoirs found; Truth revealed about origin of UK Jack Daniels

It seems English women much prefer American men. They're better looking, better smelling and look a dog's dinner. According to most birds aged eight to eighty, Americans also just have larger dobbers which left strawberry cremes sadly heaving and gobsmacked ever since.

During "the war", American servicemen were on the pull immediately upon arriving and while few in number, began "servicing" these poor deprived ladies whenever possible. One daft cow told another until blighty toff and chav alike were secretly longing for these yanks.

Upon learning of this, English men were so distraught over being bested in battle and in bed by the Americans that they needed a better beverage, the anoraks discussed bits n' bobs of brewing and distilling to no avail. The best they could do was to write a dodgy letter claiming to have invented the best American whiskey at the time and at least give their children a chance, all agreed this was a dog's bollocks plan. Now many years later it seems to have resurfaced.

Sadly for these skive tossers, they managed to cock-up the story and now more resemble the sad punters of yesteryear than ever before. To this day, English women enjoy Jack Daniels, only because it helps them forget about good ole American John Thomas.

So in the spirit of perpetuating tribalism by making asinine claims...Bob's your Uncle mate!
edit on 16-6-2012 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Absolutely Awesome!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Weird trivia of the day, the county where JD is made is a dry county, (if I remember correctly). Meaning you can't buy JD in the county it is made in.

Anyhow, I don't care where it came from, I will drink it until the end. I love driving down to the distillery and seeing all of those processes happening. So cool.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
JD = really bad breath

Awwwwwwww Common. "Bad Breath?" We're fighting for our heritage here. The English may have started the receipe, but we've claimed it.

Common, Like we care about
"bad breath" over substance. I think your a spy for the Brits.
Just sayin.
Jack Daniels is ours.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
you wanna talk food ?

LOL !

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I don't think so.

The United Kingdom makes MUCH better whiskey than that Jack Daniels toilet water. How insulting.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
As I read this post I have a glass of Maker's Mark next to me. (Warmed)
I used to drink JD in the 80s because well, it was hip and
Van Halen drank it onstage. Personally I never know what
I saw in it, RAWT GUT!!

My British brothers and sisters must have better water
and distilling techniques!

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Besides the water, JD use's a special process for carmelizing their barrel's that isn't shown on their special. My work builds the burners they use. They don't even send us free samples either

I'm not sure how much variance there is between whiskey's ingredients tho, would think it would be more of different process for making it.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

I'm a bit skeptical of the claim that the water makes that big of a difference.

Have you ever had real deal New York City pizza? You want to know why it is so much better than any other pizza in America.

Its the water they use in the dough.

Quality of water makes a huge difference if it is a key ingredient.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by don rumsfeld

Don Rumsfeld? That pic and being in Orange County as a right wing nut job is just outright funny. It makes me want to put up a pic.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The number on Jack Daniels distillery license is 1. They were the first licensed distilery in America. Always the first and always the best. Try some single barrel smooth as satin. Keep in the freezer for a real treat.

Nothing beats real Tennessee Burbon. Especially that Kentucky crap. Real pretenders there.

Invented in England....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join