It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Daniels invented in the UK not Lynchburg

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The original recipe for JD has been found in a dusty old book in Wales
And the recipe dates back to 1853 which pre-dates JD by 13 years which opened in 1866
Mark evans claims that his Great Great Grandmother invented it

The 47-year-old found a recipe, in Welsh, in a book of herbal remedies that was written by Marged Daniel’s in 1853 — 13 years before Jack Daniel’s launched.

Mr Evans says the ingredients in his great-great grandmother's recipe match what goes into the best selling whiskey in the world.

I always knew something that tastes this good could not have been invented in America

www.dailymail.co.uk... distillerys-founder.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
www.thesun.co.uk...
The link for the sun has a photo of the recipe

Cran

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Not cool.

JD is and always will be American. try again.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
show me a pint or it didn't happen.

Just shows that "True" American Whiskey is the One and Only Mr. Jim Beam.

How does English Sour Mash sound? uhhh, not American.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

I always knew something that tastes this good could not have been invented in America

Did the recipe say to make sure to go to Tennessee and find Cave Creek, the water source essential for making JD?

I doubt it.

Jack could've had a completely different taste if it wasn't made from Cave Creek water.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Did the recipe say to make sure to go to Tennessee and find Cave Creek, the water source essential for making JD?

I doubt it.

Water from the Tames or Cave Creek?

You know thats why the British have such bad teeth. Drinking the Tames for Generations....

Jack could've had a completely different taste if it wasn't made from Cave Creek water.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

hahahaha, like JD has made the recipe public as to even compare?????

Nice try though!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

JD is and always will be American. try again

Well maybe but it was invented in Wales

A spokesman for the company said: 'We know our founder was from Wales - we would love to see the book and the recipe.'

Cran

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

Actually the creator of Jim Beam was a German immigrant.

So not really so American after all eh?

edit on 6/16/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
well im not a JD guy. I am not a fan of whiskey.
I am a fan of Bourbon.

All bourbons are whiskeys but not all whiskeys are bourbons.
Bourbon has to to be aged longer, better quality barrels than JD whiskey uses and higher purity of water. Theres lots more regulations regarding the quality of bourbon than there is for whiskey.

So its the Jim Beam small batches for me. Knob Creek; Bakers; Bookers; and Basel Hayden.
working for Jim Beam racing might have made me alittle partial but hey....I saw the light and Jim Beam was at the end of it.
I actual am aquaintences with Fred Noe the 7th generation of Beam. I have stayed at their guest house and tried to drink him under the table at a bar in North Carolina

If your looking for the real deal. Go for a bottle of Bookers, its uncut, unfitered, straight out of the barrel. i recomend pouring it right over ice and enjoy. becareful its usually around 127 proof!!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by thepupils

Actually the creator of Jim Beam was a German immigrant.

So not really so American after all eh?

edit on 6/16/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

Jim Beam was currency in the 1700's.

End the Fed & go back to Bourbon Bucks!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
another uk v us thread.
im English and i dont give a #.

how did a Welshmen invent something so good when there are all those sheep around anyway?

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
another uk v us thread.
im English and i dont give a #.

how did a Welshmen invent something so good when there are all those sheep around anyway?

Wales: Where the Men stand tall and proud & the sheep run scared. Baahhhh!

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Jack Daniels is whiskey. Whiskey comes from Ireland and Scotland, traditionally, and most recipes are, more or less, the same.

So its hardly a stretch to say a similar recipe was found in the UK.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
*spits Jack Daniels out, cleans up with TSP and dumps out remaining Jack Daniels in toilet. Getting ready to go on a juice diet to purify self*
edit on 16-6-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

Jack Daniels is whiskey. Whiskey comes from Ireland and Scotland, traditionally, and most recipes are, more or less, the same.

So its hardly a stretch to say a similar recipe was found in the UK.

Lets not forget that the last name Daniels also come from Scotland

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Who the heck cares who invented it anyway. I'm glad it's here.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I watched how they make it on History. Full hour episode. Very fascinating how they drip it through ashes.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

JD is crap anyway. Seagrams is so much better.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"Oh my gosh, our proud American drink was not actually invented in America? Attack the OP!! This can not be true!"

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I call bull chit on this.

First of all, as someone else mentioned, how would they even know it's the same recipe? As far as I know the recipe for Jack is SECRET, meaning there is no way to compare to two, so saying it's the same recipe is impossible to determine.

Second of all, even if it is the same recipe, if you like Jack Daniels, then you like an American whiskey. The recipe is only one part of the flavor, the water used to make it has a huge influence. Jack Daniels would NOT be Jack Daniels unless it was made right where it is now, in America.

Another thing, why would Europeans make alcohol from Corn? Corn is not native to Europe, it's native to the Americas. Wheat, barley, rye and oats are all far, far more common in the UK in across Europe in general as far as alcohol production is concerned, so why would they use Corn?

It makes a lot more sense, on the other hand, for someone living in the Americas to use corn as a base for their alcohol. Considering the mashbill for Jack is 80% CORN, it would seem silly for someone in Europe to have come up with the recipe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join