It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I (a black woman) left the Democratic Party

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Even though higher education/ skills have proven to be a great way to eventually escape poverty, most blacks have tended to frown upon it , claiming that such people are 'flying too high and trying to be 'white'

So it's not the Democrats "keeping Blacks on the plantation", they chose of their own volition to be lowlifes. The OP is completely wrong, thank you for clarifying that

Thanks for supporting my points!!

Yes, it is the individual who chooses their own decisions, but it is the democratic party who feeds them the lie about white people being evil and how being rich is considered 'greed'.

That party also rewards them for their irresponsibility, making it difficult to get off the plantation.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Furbs
reply to post by ButterCookie

Who are your main PoliSci influences?

What elected Republicans in the last few years really speak to you as a black woman?

Do you feel that the majority voice of the GOP is a cohesive sentiment trying to bridge gaps along racial divisions?

How do you feel about the GOP redrawing districts along racial lines and how do you reconcile this blatant racism into your philosophy?
edit on 17-6-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

1. Not a lot of political sciences, since I have only recently started to understand politics. In fact, I have preferred performing unbiased research of political science and make my own conclusions, based on the evidence (by the way, I am Pre-Law). i don't need 'influences'...I actually know how to read.

2. Honestly in the last few years, no GOP official spoke out to me; but that's because I wasn't listening. I was still blindly married to the Democratic Party

3. Certainly. It has been proven that the GOP voice has done countless of deeds to try to bridge racial gaps, such as:

enacted the 13th,14th, and 15th amendment amidst angry whites who wanted to uphold the status quo (those amendments abolished and continues to prohibit slavery, applied Due Process and the Equal Protection clause to blacks, and gave blacks the right to vote)......Not to mention they ended the band of the KKK, pushed for and enacted Civil Rights and fought to end segregation.

4. I don't believe the redrawing of district is racial at all, as the Democratic party loves to assert (boy, Dems can't live without 'racism'). This redrawing is done so that each district is equal in population size based on the decennial census data....or what the Dems refer to as RACISM.
edit on 17-6-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

So.. your aren't really all that educated in Political Science.. you don't have any recent elected Republican officials you can point toward as a guide in the party, and your response to GOP cohesion in regards to racial division is to quote policy that happened as late as 1870 and more recently before the Dixiecrats left the Democratic party and joined the Republicans?

You have a lot to learn. As I previously posted, you need to learn more about the Dixiecrats, they are the element of the Democratic Party that were racially biased against blacks, and they left the party in favor of the Republican party, which is why recent incarnations of the GOP appear to be so different than it's previous incarnations.

Now, I am I defending the Democratic Party? Nope, I'm merely questioning why you decided to go Republican after you left. Politics are being artificially polarized to make it about race when it is actually about wealth. I hope you continue your education without being too indoctrinated into the GOP party. They do not have the answers you seek any more than the Democrats.

Find another path. They are out there, and we need more people to join us in our fight against the GOP and the Democrats.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

No thanks.

I actually resent you asserting that I am simply not 'educated enough' and have a lot to learn as if I am not equipped with making this decision on my own without being 'influenced'.

Typical victim-labeling.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yes, it is the individual who chooses their own decisions, but it is the democratic party who feeds them the lie...

You can't have it bothways, either black people are responsible for their actions or they aren't, and since you said they are then I am correct.

Since I've never seen democrats put guns to peoples' heads and tell them to not work and be bums I have to declare your argument to be completely bogus.

And yes, lots of rich people are evil, they kill and bankrupt millions of people around the world.

edit on 17-6-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Ok. Then....You are a statistical outlier.

Case closed.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by aprofessionalRussian

Honestly, not to be rude or anything, but voting for and against parties because what they did during the times of slavery is a purely outrageous idea. Not only that but since you are registered on this site you should know by now that republicans and democrats are both evil and are both two sides of the same thing, it's just democrats are the lesser evil. If I voted I would definitely vote libertarian.

I am not voting on history, I am voting for present and mainly for the future.

I merely used the history as a way to examine each party's true ideology.

I am curious to know why no liberal has made any comment to their party's racist history? Why they haven't commented about their party's close affiliation with the Klu Klux Klan, and why their party fought hard to block Civil Rights?

Noooo...instead, they make silly comments regarding what color I am.

Typical race-baiting,

I do see this heading in a direction that is entirely uncalled for as it really has nothing to do with your race. A person should be held accountable for who they are and what they do...not for the color of their skin. Absolutely irrelevant to politics or any other situation,....except for rap and dancing. Let's face it black people can hold a beat and dance.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Honestly, not to be rude or anything, but voting for and against parties because what they did during the times of slavery is a purely outrageous idea. Not only that but since you are registered on this site you should know by now that republicans and democrats are both evil and are both two sides of the same thing, it's just democrats are the lesser evil. If I voted I would definitely vote libertarian.

I am curious to know why no liberal has made any comment to their party's racist history? Why they haven't commented about their party's close affiliation with the Klu Klux Klan, and why their party fought hard to block Civil Rights?

Typical race-baiting,

1: the kkk thing was about a hundred or so years ago and has no relevance to modern politics
2: I find it interesting how democrats are apparently racist when racism is much more common in red states and the tea party, the driving force behind the republican party, is notorious for it's racist and homophobic members. Now a liberal had commented on it, happy?
3: I also love how you accused me of racism when I said nothing that could possibly be interpreted as racist, especially since race has no affect to me other than the way you look.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

No thanks.

I actually resent you asserting that I am simply not 'educated enough' and have a lot to learn as if I am not equipped with making this decision on my own without being 'influenced'.

Typical victim-labeling.

I really don't care if you are resentful. I find your entire attitude offensive and your disregard for the actual history of the political process to be detrimental to this website as a whole. You spout of misunderstood political posturing as if it were actual fact and you use anecdotes to justify your reasoning as if your logic could not be flawed.

You have been offended by people taking your race into account, and now you are resentful because of your obvious lack of PoliSci education.

Someone is labeling themselves a victim and it isn't very becoming.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Typical race-baiting,

1: the kkk thing was about a hundred or so years ago and has no relevance to modern politics
2: I find it interesting how democrats are apparently racist when racism is much more common in red states and the tea party, the driving force behind the republican party, is notorious for it's racist and homophobic members. Now a liberal had commented on it, happy?
3: I also love how you accused me of racism when I said nothing that could possibly be interpreted as racist, especially since race has no affect to me other than the way you look.

I agree, the KKK is an indelible black eye in American history as well as slavery. It's an obscene contemplation, that humans ever encompassed such licentious behavior at any time in history.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Yes, it is the individual who chooses their own decisions, but it is the democratic party who feeds them the lie...

You can't have it bothways, either black people are responsible for their actions or they aren't, and since you said they are then I am correct.

Since I've never seen democrats put guns to peoples' heads and tell them to not work and be bums I have to declare your argument to be completely bogus.

And yes, lots of rich people are evil, they kill and bankrupt millions of people around the world.

edit on 17-6-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

Then you aren't paying attention. Obviously no one is pointing guns at people's heads, what they ARE doing is basically buying votes. Give poor people JUST enough to survive, then make sure to lecture those people that it's you who is making their getting government cheese possible without really helping those people take the next step is almost as bad as pointing said gun. Entitlements don't help people get out of the situation they are in. They keep them in that situation.

Look at this week's news. Obama starts slipping in polls involving the Latino vote and what does he do? Declares a great deal of them off-limits to deportation. That's obviously a decision based TOTALLY on his re-election. Otherwise he could care less and probably wouldn't distinguish any of them from the people on his kill list.

The point the OP made is completely valid - that black people have been sold a bad bill of goods. And further, it's indoctrinated into the black community that if you don't go democratic, you will most likely be labeled a Tom. It's sad. It's sad for this group of people who have suffered so much, and sad for the country in general.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hannagan

Originally posted by RealSpoke

How many times are you going to state that you are a black woman? 100x in this thread already? You're not convincing me.

No black woman would laugh at the racist tea party joke, like you did, on page 2 of this thread. Plus your OP reads like a bad propagandized infomercial script.

“A black kid asks his mom, ‘Mama, what’s a democracy?’

“‘Well, son, that be when white folks work every day so us po’ folks can get all our benefits.’

“‘But mama, don’t the white folk get mad about that?’

“‘They sho do, son. They sho do. And that’s called racism.’”

Marler claims that she will no longer use the joke to begin her speeches.

The joke comes at the most inopportune time for the Tea Party, which has been denying that their followers are racist.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^hilarious

I don't know, maybe you're just a brainwashed military victim full of self hate.

edit on 17-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Anyone conned by this Buttercookie post, is just pandering to their own confirmation bias. Hearing these sorts of infiltration posts disgusts me. Agree, this post is a fake and so many people are getting tricked by this OP. But for all we know, half of them are probably sitting at the desk next to her/him.

edit on 17-6-2012 by Hannagan because: (no reason given)

Then stop reading, Scrooge.

Black or not the person brings up a very timely topic that needs to be debated honestly instead of hiding behind political correctness. No one forced you to read HER post, or the posts after it. I can't stand people who comment on news stories by saying "this isn't news" or who can concretely know a person is who they say they are or aren't. IT'S THE INTERNET! Of course she could be an alien for all we know!!! But the thing is you miss the point entirely. Stop being the bully on the thread and let people who want to further society debate the issues thoughtfully and with RESPECT. Sshh - the adults are talking.
edit on 17-6-2012 by flashtrum because: spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The point the OP made is completely valid - that black people have been sold a bad bill of goods

It's not valid as welfare was not created to keep black people down, and what does the GOP offer to anyone who isn't a millionaire already?? They're certainly not going to go recruiting in Detroit if we get rid of social programs.

ON second though, let her vote for the GOP so maybe we can witness what will happen to the black community when all government programs are removed.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Bottom line is that a strong economy producing a bunch of rich people is better overall, even for the poor. Liberals dont see this because they take on a victim-perspective. They think that becoming rich means one would have to take money away from the collective. Republicans, on the other hand, think that by providing goods and services to the collective one becomes rich. While there is certainly merit to a number of liberal policies, fiscal wisdom certainly isnt one of them. Nice post btw.

I agree!!

However, I doubt that republicans feel that the way to get rich is by entitlement programs- that would be the Democratic party.

But yes, I totally agree with your statement about fiscal responsibility headed by an oligarchy and that is why I will be voting republican in November. Being rich is not evil, and I have never understood why people in poverty continue to vote for more poverty...

Thanks
Because the poor people, either black or white, do not want to improve their lot. Its must easier to be lazy and get what you want for free. Ofcourse what they do not seem to get is that they (the poor) do not live a long life but the Democrats like this because the poor seem to have more children and therefore will continue the tradition of voting Democratic. On the other hand the black women who tries to better herself will in the long run be much better off because she sees that the Democratic party is doing her and others wrong. Therefore that is why she changed to become a Republican. Good for her. I wish her very well in her new life and maybe others like her will make a big change in the Black community. Lets hope so.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
reply to post by axslinger

You are kidding yourself. The GOP needs a black underclass because the key to GOP electoral success lies in getting dumb whites to vote against their interests. Just like the confederate soldiers, GOP supporters are fed a false sense of superiority and a scapegoat to hate. "I may be poor, but I ain't THAT poor," and "look at that n----- mama poppin' out babies to get her welfare check."

That makes no sense.

How is the GOP in need of a black underclass? If you look at history, which you have not, the GOP was the anti-slave party, the party who held the ONLY black representatives in congress, disbanned the KKK, and proposed Civil Rights. The GOP does not want to see anyone on lifelong welfare, and instead promotes individual responsibility.

Axslinger is correct: the Democratic Party funded and formed the KKK- a secret terrorist organization created in order to keep the status quo:

"If the n-s are gonna vote at all, they better vote Democratic" -KKK, funded by the Democratic Party upon the passing of the 15th Amendment

It makes perfect sense. Bubba Nascar is the voter who matters to the GOP.

And yes, I know history. I began as a Republican - young, inexperienced, and naive. Lincoln was my favorite president, and the high-minded era of Republicanism was what appealed to me. Only as I gained experience in the real world did I realize that the Republicans I admired most would today be Democrats, and the Southern Democrats of old are now the Republicans.

But this is all so very obvious. I really do not believe you are who you say you are.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by flashtrum
Look at this week's news. Obama starts slipping in polls involving the Latino vote and what does he do? Declares a great deal of them off-limits to deportation. That's obviously a decision based TOTALLY on his re-election.

Wow!

A Politician makes a policy designed to increase his approval rating.. this is.. exactly how people get re-elected. I mean, what do you suggest? Doing things to decrease his approval rating?

I mean, I'm not voting for Obama.. but.. come on.. this is silly.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mrballistic

What the hell are you talking about. You know less about your own history then black american history. All i am going to say is that Martin Luther King is a Republican. Fredrick Douglas is republican! Hell damn near every black leader if not all back in the day was republican.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If Lincoln was alive today, he'd be a democrat instead of a republican. Every 60 years or so they switch platforms. It's the mindset of whatever the group is at this time that you have to look at, not their history. In the 1860's the south was mostly democrat, today, they're mostly republican but their midset hasn't changed at all.
Both parties are controlled by the same groups and they're set up to keep us confused. It's just a team to root for but the players get traded back and forth all the time.
I'm independent and vote for the person, not the party. That's what everyone should do. If you don't research a candidate, how can you justify voting for them?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by mrballistic

What the hell are you talking about. You know less about your own history then black american history. All i am going to say is that Martin Luther King is a Republican. Fredrick Douglas is republican! Hell damn near every black leader if not all back in the day was republican.

I agree! That was the same poster who called me "Aunt Pam", as in reference to Uncle Tom....

I have suspicion about liberal whites who oppose blacks leaving the Democratic Plantation...oops, I mean Party. Why, when you had people like Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Frederick Douglas, Madam CJ Walker, Booker T Washington, etc would whites be opposed modern blacks to follow the same suite?

To boot, they never comment about the racial oppression that their party has had on blacks for over 200 years..Instead, they'd like us to forget that, not making the connection to why the Democratic Party keeps blacks down with life long welfare.

Could it be that they are just fine with blacks being 'out of the way' and comfortable on the plantation?

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
You'll be alright.
Besides, you're the only one crying here, just because YOU speak, doesn't appoint you the representative for everyone here. This is your opinion only and I am guessing no one cares about that either

Yes, I'm sure I'll be alright.

I am speaking for you, and you are speaking for me. I don't think we usually agree, but this time we do. We are two different types of personalities espousing the same very important idea. That's a great start to some sort of uneasy peace.

I was wondering about how you feel about being taken as a conspiracy nut on a conspiracy site. Yes, we are like atheists invading the "How to love Jesus" thread, but I feel this is a site wide battle. I am curious as to how you feel about having your wisdom easily dismissed and perhaps not even considered. Myself, It makes we want to stop posting and spend more time on my bucket list. (I won't let the door hit me where the good lord split me). I've seen the poll results for the non-members. They're a violent lot So, I assume if I got my point across, they'd want to take on the problem with force.

I also asked the other members of the board what they thought about when they dismiss people who feel, like we do, that there is no real choice come election day.

Anyway, I'm unable to tell how my posts frustrate you, as I seem to have developed a different type of personality than you. However, you're adorable when you appear to be miffed.
edit on 17-6-2012 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Ron Paul chump.

Point.Set.Match.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join